Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Black Panther #8 & 9 What you're missing

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By The_Ghostshell

When  Black Panther Dark Reign first came out I was blown away. It was truly my favorite read. But after the big reveal that Shuri would now carry the mantle I started to lose interest. My mistake. The series has regained its momentum and turned Shuri into a complete badass. The similarities between her and Batman are obvious.

No Caption Provided
    But what I didn'expect was her similarity to Iron Man. Shuri is a far cry from T'Challa in the sense that she utilizes the superior technology that Wakanda is famous for. Beyond the crazy gadgets Shuri has the luxury of a character named Flea. Flea is Shuri's eye in the sky so to speak. And when I say sky, I actually mean space. That's right, Flea isn't even on Earth.He orbits the planet while remaining in constant contact with Shuri. Scrambling alarms, detecting enemy movements, unlocking security systems, and pretty much anything else the Black Panther needs. Sometimes before she needs it. This series really focuses on the fact that the new Black Panther has state of the art equipment and technology and she uses ever bit of it.
     Meet Flea
     Meet Flea

As for the former Black Panther, T'Challa, he continues to struggle with not only his defeat at the hands of D oom, but the fact that he no longer carries the extra abilities given to him by the Panther God. Which leads him to seek alternative measures to not only regain his former statues, but beyond. 
    No Caption Provided
    No one other then a single member of his loyal Dora Milaje know Doom attempted to assassinate T'Challa. To make matters worse Shuri follows a trail that leads her into an ambush. After the fight it is discovered that her attackers were armed with not only stolen Wakandian tech, but Atlantian tech as well. Could Namor be behind the plot to kill T'Challa? Or has someone manipulated the situation in hopes the young reckless Shuri will rush head long into a confrontaion with Namor which would surely kill her?
    No Caption Provided
    With Wakanda on the brink of collapse, T'Challa lost in his quest for revenge, and a shadowy group pulling the strings, can Shuri put it all together before its to late? Pick up this series and find out :)
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Not one comment? No one is reading BP? Bunch of hillbilly racist mutha $#@!a's lol

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Precise

Meh.. I don't like the idea of Shuri as the Black Panther. Perhaps she's awesome but I can't get the idea out of my head.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By G'bandit

RFLMAO!

Looks sweeeeet

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

If she goes after Namor does that means he is going to head to Utopia and fight the X-Men? Anyways, I lost interest once they said it was his sister.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Precise
    @Gambler: Hm.. that sounds interesting. But then i'd be reading it again for T'Challa not Shuri :p I just don't care for her.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian
    @Gambler: Thats interesting...

I still want to know if she is going to go fight the X-men, cause that would be a mistake on her part lol. The only interesting thing I see coming from that is maybe Storm being torn  between helping BP(since she is the Queen) take out Namor or helping the X-Men(her family) defend him.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Precise said:
    " @Gambler: Hm.. that sounds interesting. But then i'd be reading it again for T'Challa not Shuri :p I just don't care for her. "
    Yeah that's understandable. She reminds me of Batgirl though. I think that's why I like her.

@Nobody said:
    " @Gambler: Thats interesting...  I still want to know if she is going to go fight the X-men, cause that would be a mistake on her part lol. The only interesting thing I see coming from that is maybe Storm being torn  between helping BP(since she is the Queen) take out Namor or helping the X-Men(her family) defend him. "

I got the impression that Namor was alone in Atlantis. There's no sign of the X-Men getting involved.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian

Another question. If T'Challa wants power, why doesn't he just go take MGH or something. Gaining superpowers seems to be a pretty easy thing to do:P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Nobody said:
    " Another question. If T'Challa wants power, why doesn't he just go take MGH or something. Gaining superpowers seems to be a pretty easy thing to do:P "
    Whats MGH?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian
    @Gambler said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " Another question. If T'Challa wants power, why doesn't he just go take MGH or something. Gaining superpowers seems to be a pretty easy thing to do:P "
    Whats MGH? "
    Mutant Growth Hormone
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Nobody said:

" @Gambler said:

" @Nobody said:
    Whats MGH? "
    Mutant Growth Hormone "
    That seems tainted for some reason (like taking roids). I doubt T'Challa would do that.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian

I don't know, it just seems kinda odd that he would struggle to find  a way to gain superpowers. I mean with all that wakandian technology he should build a power armor or something.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He's not looking for superpowers. He wants magic. He knows where to go to get it its just taboo and dangerous. (actually he already did it :P) He's been training his harem and himself to take on Doom and his Doombots. But he knows nothings going to help but magic lol. Its kind of badass.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian

He should go challenge Voodoo for the title of SS.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Nobody said:
    " He should go challenge Voodoo for the title of SS. "
    You just want to see some black on black crime. Sonnova
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Precise
    @Gambler said:
    " He's not looking for superpowers. He wants magic. He knows where to go to get it its just taboo and dangerous. (actually he already did it :P) He's been training his harem and himself to take on Doom and his Doombots. But he knows nothings going to help but magic lol. Its kind of badass. "
    Is he going for those frog things again? :p
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian

Partly:P Nah...actually I just don't like Voodoo. I rather some character who has never been about magic be SS than him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Nobody said:
    " Partly:P Nah...actually I just don't like Voodoo. I rather some character who has never been about magic be SS than him. "
    I havent been paying attention to that whole situation. Maybe I should.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Martian

I don't think there really has been anything since he got it. I know he is supposed to have a mini series and so is Dr. Strange. But I'll probably skip it.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Precise
    @Nobody said:
    " I don't think there really has been anything since he got it. I know he is supposed to have a mini series and so is Dr. Strange. But I'll probably skip it. "
    Actually something has come out, read the who's reading this thread. He's pretty good as SS.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Precise said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " He's not looking for superpowers. He wants magic. He knows where to go to get it its just taboo and dangerous. (actually he already did it :P) He's been training his harem and himself to take on Doom and his Doombots. But he knows nothings going to help but magic lol. Its kind of badass. "
    Is he going for those frog things again? :p "
    LMAO not this time. He dug up some wanna be Brother Voodoo

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By BlackPanther

I'm really feeling the story so far, but I'm only reeding it for T'Challa... Its actually more interesting since the panther god stripped him of his powers and gave them to his sister. Because it shows that he's struggling to accept that he lost his title of being the Panther and King of Wakanda, and now he's being consumed with hatred for Doom and he's willing to do anything to kill him. Even turning to magic.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stormultt

the x-men and possibly namor are gettin involved to save storm from doom which i think is going to be to late for them and latveria*cough*rogue-storm*cough* XD
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Static Shock

I noticed that at the end of issue 9, T'Challa smashes up a robot like it was nothing. It's seems as if his slightly superhuman physical attributes have returned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.