Follow

Black Hand

Character » Black Hand appears in 226 issues.

One of Hal Jordan's oldest foes, Black Hand has evolved from a gimmicky criminal into a sadistic madman capable of siphoning lifeforce from his victims. Reanimated after his suicide, he is now an avatar of the Black Lantern.

The Villain Guide to Black Hand

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

He's was originally the C-List villain that barely got any recognition as both a thorn for Green Lantern and the Flash. As of now, Black Hand is currently remembered to be one DC's most darkest and disturbed men after the event known as Blackest Night where he became a universal threat within the DC universe

If you don't know a single thing about who Black Hand is or exactly what made him a special villain within DC comics, or just flat out curious, then checkout the 8th episode of Villain Guide where I take viewers into the dark and grim history of William Hand.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By lady_toyano

This was an amazing comprehensive guide to his character. I didn't even care about Green Lantern until I happened upon Blackest night from a friend. He was the sole reason I was able to become so hooked in that whole saga, and once it was over I found myself wanting to know more about him and his depraved nature. I actually read his back story title after I read blackest night and found myself even more fascinated by this twisted guy. He really made some huge jumps in the prominence list from back in the day to now.

I don't know if your keeping up with Green Lantern at the moment (probably are though haha) but Black Hand is most definitely still around and still having quite the impact on the current arc with the main Green Lantern book dealing with the whole compassion tribe. I've been left on a hanger and can't wait to read the next issue.

Again, just fabulous... fabulous.

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MTHarman

Why thank you, if you don't know, my main goal is to introduce viewers to a random villain and become a fascinated in a way where they not only catch up from the past history of that certain villain, but possibly try to dig up a classic issue to see why that villain would be famous.

Not only my goal is to do all Green Lantern villains, but every single villain who held either a respectful or interesting career within DC or Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.