The massive stature and strength of Black Dwarf make him the wrecking ball of Thanos' lieutenants in the Black Order.
Black Dwarf was sent to Wakanda as part of Thanos' invasion. However, his army was repelled by Wakandan technology and soldiers, and he himself eventually being defeated by Black Panther.
This Nihilist Although he personality appears the most normal he is much more at peace with oblivion than the other followers of Thanos.
Powers and Abilities
Black Dwarf has Super Strength and Super Dense, unbreakable skin.
- Height: 6'6"
- Weight: 2645 lbs
- Eye Color: Yellow
- Hair Color: None
In Other Media
- Black Dwarf (renamed Cull Obsidian) appears in Avengers: Infinity War, voiced and motion-captured by Terry Notary. Early on in the film, he and Ebony Maw attack Doctor Strange in New York, hoping to steal the sorcerer's Eye of Agamotto, which contains the Time Stone. The fight results in Wong teleporting Cull Obsidian to Antartica, and costs Cull Obsidian one of his arms. In the final act of the film, Cull Obsidian and the rest of the Black Order take part in the invasion of Wakanda, where the Avengers are keeping Vision, who has the Mind Stone embedded in his forehead. Cull Obsidian is ultimately killed by Bruce Banner, who uses the Hulkbuster armor to launch the alien into a massive Wakandan force field.
- Black Dwarf appears as a boss in Marvel Avengers Alliance.
- Black Dwarf appears as a playable character in Marvel Future Fight.
- Cull Obsidian appears in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 as part of the "Infinity War" DLC pack.
- Black Dwarf appears in the HeroClix figure game.
- Cull Obsidian is featured in the "Sanctum Sanctorum" Showdown Lego kit.
- Cull Obsidian is featured in Funko's "Pop!" line of bobbleheads.
- Iron Studios produced a statue of Cull Obsidian.
- Cull Obsidian was the subject of a Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure wave from Hasbro. The figure could only be completed after purchasing all of the corresponding characters in the wave (Thor, Black Widow, Ant-Man, The Wasp, Malekith and Black Knight), each of which came packaged with one piece needed to construct Cull Obsidian.