Black Canary #2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

BLACK CANARY #1 was a fascinating read. Brenden Fletcher and Annie Wu gave us a nice introduction to Dinah's new, possibly temporary, career as a singer along with her new band. But of course a comic with Black Canary wouldn't just focus on her stage performance. There's danger lurking as Dinah realized some sort of threat was following them. Assuming it was after her, she soon discovered there was more to the story. Just as readers are discovering there is more to this comic series.

Fletcher and Wu take this issue to a slightly different setting. The great thing is it's not just more of the same as the first issue. You can feel the story progressing and shifting as we see less stage performing and more development on the story and action. Wu's stye and Lee Loughridge's colors really captures the vibe of the story and you'll find yourself getting more and more hooked. There's even a really cool middle section of the comic that is fitting if you've ever read or seen the typical teen rock magazines.

BLACK CANARY is proving to be an interesting comic. The good and the bad is you're not really sure where things will go. This isn't quite the comic you might think it is. It's not just going to be a focus on Dinah's singing career. Where it will go when this current story ends is a nice unknown to keep you on your toes. We're heading in a nice direction and I'm becoming more and more invested in the series.

hotroddii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmmm ... yeah ... I "think" I like this series.

As a fan of Canary since Legends in 1987 and followed her career since (plus a lot of classic back issues of JLA) - I am mostly excited about this book but confused by it.

It's such a huge difference for Dinah as we have always known her, but I'm liking the style and colors of this book and I want more.

I guess I'm just holding out that she will turn more "super-heroey" eventually!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I love the art and colors, but kinda hate the whole rock band thing. Dinah keeps mentioning "fulfilling the contract". I'm hoping the band thing is temporary.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Yay some reviews! Its disappointing that there isnt a Justice League, or Robin review, but its been better than the zero from the past couple weeks. If you bring back the bigger focus that you guys used to have on User reviews it could help balance out the lack of official review. Heck I'll write some reviews for you guys lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

It was pretty solid issue.

@hotroddii:But she still has the same hearth as previous incarnations.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really like it, but still would have liked to have have the book be more superheroish. Not too much a fan of the new trend with female superheroes not being superheroes, but cosplayers.

srialchllr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dig the direction Annie Wu went with the artwork and the color palette runs great with it. It feels edgy and I found myself staring at it which I likey. The story is a little offbeat and I can't get a feel for where it's going, like mentioned, they keep teasing us with this "contract", but I'm leaving on my pull list for now, I'm hooked on Wu.

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Annie Wu is really the star here. her work defines this book. The style makes up for slower storytelling this issue. I don't know how I feel about Kurt Lancecoming back. I thought it was a dead end story line in Birds of Prey. But I guess they have to address it, since this is a new 52 Dinah.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.