Black Canary Barbie

Avatar image for dangerouscurves
#1 Posted by DangerousCurves (111 posts) - - Show Bio

This made me laugh.  A conservative Christian group made a big deal over a Black Canary Barbie doll. They said, “Barbie has always been on the tarty side and this is taking it too far. A children’s doll in sexually suggestive clothing is irresponsible – it’s filth”. The doll, is dressed in a costume which debuted in Bird of Prey - a black leather jacket, high-heeled boots and fishnet stockings. Here's a link to the whole story.  http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080718-BCBarbie.html 

caption
caption


Avatar image for pixelized
#2 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

Bratz dolls!

Avatar image for dangerouscurves
#3 Posted by DangerousCurves (111 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Bratz dolls!"


Their soooooooooo worst then this
Avatar image for pixelized
#4 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

deff

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#5 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

How many 13 year old boys will buy that just to open the zipper of the doll are uncountable...

Avatar image for _obsidian_
#6 Posted by _Obsidian_ (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

She's kinda ugly as a Barbie :P

Avatar image for jack_the_ripper
#7 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2060 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"How many 13 year old boys will buy that just to open the zipper of the doll are uncountable..."
lmfao
Avatar image for pixelized
#8 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"Platinumwarrior said:
"How many 13 year old boys will buy that just to open the zipper of the doll are uncountable..."
lmfao
"
jack will be one
Avatar image for pixelized
#9 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
Twilight Man said:
"She's kinda ugly as a Barbie :P
"
she looks the same as the other hoe
Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#10 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

o.O they all look fine to me.... Although I dont remember her skin haveing resembalance to sour cream...

Avatar image for vance_astro
#11 Posted by vance_astro (90023 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the doll on FOXNEWS last night.Of course they made fun of it...I'm so mad at these f#ckin christian groups.They are always b#tchin about stuff that doesn't mean anything.

Moderator
Avatar image for queen_kong
#12 Posted by Queen Kong (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting a Dinah Doll tonight!!!

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#13 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

People live to whine. So when they cant whine any longer about the war on terror they whine about this

Pathetic

Avatar image for pixelized
#14 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"I'm getting a Dinah Doll tonight!!!
"
me too guh!
Avatar image for gmanfromheck
#15 Posted by gmanfromheck (42514 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard they said something like it was "trash."  I'm assuming it's the fishnet stockings.  I personally don't care for fishnet stockings in real life.  It's funny that if you wear them, that automatically implies something.  Wonder if the protest groups are aware that Dinah is even a married woman now.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#16 Posted by vance_astro (90023 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"I heard they said something like it was "trash."  I'm assuming it's the fishnet stockings.  I personally don't care for fishnet stockings in real life.  It's funny that if you wear them, that automatically implies something.  Wonder if the protest groups are aware that Dinah is even a married woman now.
"
Yea they did.That is way overboard...to say the doll is trash because of what it's wearing..
Moderator
Avatar image for vance_astro
#17 Posted by vance_astro (90023 posts) - - Show Bio
  
Moderator
Avatar image for queen_kong
#18 Edited by Queen Kong (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.LMFAO@Aids Blaster!!!!

Avatar image for constantine
#19 Posted by Constantine (16127 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"How many 13 year old boys will buy that just to open the zipper of the doll are uncountable..."
haha - no
Avatar image for bangingbootynurset
#20 Posted by BangingBootyNurseT (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I Like the way the doll looks and wearing fishnet stockings doesn't make you trashy!

Avatar image for queen_kong
#21 Posted by Queen Kong (1361 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Queen Kong said:
"I'm getting a Dinah Doll tonight!!!
"
me too guh!"
Yea well mine is going to be better...lol.
Avatar image for pixelized
#22 Edited by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"pixelized said:
"Queen Kong said:
"I'm getting a Dinah Doll tonight!!!
"
me too guh!"
Yea well mine is going to be better...lol.
"
doubt it...i'm gonna give mine the rihanna haircut...the cute one, not the garbage she has now
Avatar image for queen_kong
#23 Posted by Queen Kong (1361 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Queen Kong said:
"pixelized said:
"Queen Kong said:
"I'm getting a Dinah Doll tonight!!!
"
me too guh!"
Yea well mine is going to be better...lol.
"
doubt it...i'm gonna give mine the rihanna haircut...the cute one, not the garbage she has now"
mine is geting pro-nails like Kid Sister and the fishnets are coming off.
Avatar image for pixelized
#24 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

Well mine's lip gloss will be poppin

Avatar image for queen_kong
#25 Edited by Queen Kong (1361 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Well mine's lip gloss will be poppin"
LMFAO.
Avatar image for mighty_thorion
#26 Posted by Mighty Thorion (918 posts) - - Show Bio

These objectors give Christianity a bad name. The suggestion is no Christian woman would wear leather jackets or fishnet stockings. I happen to know Christian women who wear both - sometimes together, sometimes seperately - totally because it is what they want to wear. What anyone else thinks about their appearance is totally irrelevant.

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#27 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course these complaints dont apply to christian strippers right/

Avatar image for vance_astro
#28 Posted by vance_astro (90023 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Of course these complaints dont apply to christian strippers right/"
No such thing in their opinion.
Moderator
Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#29 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats kind of sad....

With all the stuff going on youd think they would find somthing more useful to do then b!tch about a barbie that only collectors will buy

Avatar image for vance_astro
#30 Posted by vance_astro (90023 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"
  
"

Moderator
Avatar image for dangerouscurves
#31 Posted by DangerousCurves (111 posts) - - Show Bio

They never said anything about the supergirl doll (showing her stomach) or wonder womans

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#32 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybie its cuz black canary appered in

FLASH comics #86 XDDD

Avatar image for ms__invisible
#33 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm not sure if anyone's seen the article on The Sun?

Those right-wingers. Always making up some overblown sensationalist BS.
Avatar image for methos
#34 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see the problem here... there are already Black Canary dolls out there, but no, people have to object to a Barbie one...

and for anyone that's interested, why are people complaining about this one when the Catwoman Barbie that got released was so much worse...



this is just another example of how Politically Correct the world is getting... makes me sick


M

Avatar image for lady_redhead
#35 Posted by lady_redhead (9360 posts) - - Show Bio
Stamps her foot and runs around the place yelling..

FUCKIN* CHRISTIAN BULLSHI*

Barbie is a total sham and should be bloody banned but how can they complain when BRATZ dolls that embody everything a little girl with half a brain SHOULD NOT aspire too are fun and selling well!!

Ive said it before and i will say it again, Religion has absolutley no place in normal life.

Avatar image for hawkingbird
#36 Posted by Hawkingbird (384 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"I just don't see the problem here... there are already Black Canary dolls out there, but no, people have to object to a Barbie one...

and for anyone that's interested, why are people complaining about this one when the Catwoman Barbie that got released was so much worse...


this is just another example of how Politically Correct the world is getting... makes me sick

M

"

Why do you say political correctness is a bad thing?
Avatar image for hawkingbird
#37 Posted by Hawkingbird (384 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"I just don't see the problem here... there are already Black Canary dolls out there, but no, people have to object to a Barbie one...

and for anyone that's interested, why are people complaining about this one when the Catwoman Barbie that got released was so much worse...


this is just another example of how Politically Correct the world is getting... makes me sick

M

"

Why do you say political correctness is a bad thing?
Avatar image for pixelized
#38 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
DangerousCurves said:
"

This made me laugh.  A conservative Christian group made a big deal over a Black Canary Barbie doll. They said, “Barbie has always been on the tarty side and this is taking it too far. A children’s doll in sexually suggestive clothing is irresponsible – it’s filth”. The doll, is dressed in a costume which debuted in Bird of Prey - a black leather jacket, high-heeled boots and fishnet stockings. Here's a link to the whole story.  http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080718-BCBarbie.html 

caption
caption


"
I want 3.
Avatar image for renee
#39 Posted by Renee (10398 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! I want one! :P

Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
#40 Posted by Craig Lovecraft (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember hearing about this on the radio when it first came out. They were complaining about it and were completely clueless that it had anything to do with superheroes. They just thought it was a slutty Barbie.

Avatar image for mutant_god
#41 Posted by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, Black Canary Barbie and Green Arrow Ken.

Avatar image for shadowdoggy
#42 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God:
he's going to get a sonic earful once shefinds out how anatomically ...um.....dissappointing he is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.