Follow

Black Adam

Character » Black Adam appears in 853 issues.

The original champion of the Wizard, Teth-Adam was a former slave who channeled the power of six Egyptian Gods to fight evil. But when his family was murdered during the conquest of his people, he developed more ruthless methods to protect innocents. Seeing him as corrupt, the Wizard banished "Black Adam" to the tomb of Ramesses II. After centuries of imprisonment, he would finally escape to overthrow Kahndaq's tyrant by force, becoming the country's defender and a natural enemy to the world's heroes.

World War III

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

Did anyone else read this? I'm exhausted after writing all the issue summaries for this week's new comics. Pretty heavy stuff. I never knew Black Adam was such a bad @$$. Just crazy crazy stuff.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prodigal Son

I just finished reading it today. I thought the storyline was good, but a little too condensed for my taste. Overall, I think they did a fair job of setting up things for the whole "One Year Later" that they just won't have time to cover in 52.

I thought the art looked a little rushed as well.

As for Teth Adam being so powerful, and for the evil intent and hardness he possesses, I'm not surprised. I've always just imagined him the polar opposite in character of Shazam, and you know how "Golden Age" innocent he is. I'm surprised he's lasted this long without going nuclear. I knew the whole "good Black Adam" wouldn't stick. If it had, they would've made him "White Adam" or something.

Now, just think that the Big Red Cheese has always had that level of power, but he just doesn't have the killing edge necessary to bring it to bear. He's like Superman, he's always pulling his punches, afraid he'll really hurt someone. Now that he's taken Shazam's place, he's likely even more powerful (but in different ways).

The Marvels might just live up the saying "World's Mightiest Mortals" in the next couple of years.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Satyrquaze

G-Man says:

"Did anyone else read this? I'm exhausted after writing all the issue summaries for this week's new comics. Pretty heavy stuff. I never knew Black Adam was such a bad @$$. Just crazy crazy stuff."

He'll never think of the word...?

Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Ragnarok

I thought the entire 52 and world war series was a good read. Black adam is my Favorite DC Character and they showed him off pretty well. Ripping a man in half and crushing a mans face.......who wouldnt like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.