Follow

Bizarro

Character » Bizarro appears in 723 issues.

Bizarro is an imperfect duplicate of Superman. Everything Bizarro does is deliberately backwards or the opposite of normal.

The Problem with Bizarro and Bizarro World

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jonny_Rogers

I was just thinking about stuff.... and this came across my mind. There is a major problem with the concept of Bizarro and Bizarro World.

Bizarro World and all it's inhabitants are designed to be the opposite (or as different as possible) to Earth and all it's inhabitants.  However, paradoxical problems start here:

1. Surely if there were such a thing as a so called 'opposite world', then it wouldn't be able to exist. I say this because the world we live in, this world, exists in itself, meaning that for there to be an opposite counterpart to it, it had to not exist. 

2. Even if it managed to exist, heroes (or villains) in the Bizarro World seemed to have similar powers to this Earth's counterparts. Surely if these characters were opposite to this world's heroes, then they wouldn't have powers at all or in fact be famous. 

3. Contrary to my points above, if you look even further, Bizarro World would just be like this Earth. I say this because this world isn't opposite to itself, as there is nothing for it to be opposite to, meaning that Bizarro World must have something to be opposite to, meaning that it's opposite to itself, which is supposed to be opposite to Earth.This means that Bizarro World must be opposite to it's already opposite (from Earth) world. (Sorry for the bad explanation) 

Thanks for reading! Feel free to prove me wrong... somehow. 

NOTE: This Topic is intended to be fun; sorry for offending any die-hard Bizarro fans out there. 

Tags: Bizarro, Bizarro World, Batzarro

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

u had me up till the las point 0_o

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Boobster
    @Jonny_Rogers said:
    I was just thinking about stuff.... and this came across my mind. There is a major problem with the concept of Bizarro and Bizarro World.

Bizarro World and all it's inhabitants are designed to be the opposite (or as different as possible) to Earth and all it's inhabitants.  However, paradoxical problems start here:

1. Surely if there were such a thing as a so called 'opposite world', then it wouldn't be able to exist. I say this because the world we live in, this world, exists in itself, meaning that for there to be an opposite counterpart to it, it had to not exist. 

2. Even if it managed to exist, heroes (or villains) in the Bizarro World seemed to have similar powers to this Earth's counterparts. Surely if these characters were opposite to this world's heroes, then they wouldn't have powers at all or in fact be famous. 

3. Contrary to my points above, if you look even further, Bizarro World would just be like this Earth. I say this because this world isn't opposite to itself, as there is nothing for it to be opposite to, meaning that Bizarro World must have something to be opposite to, meaning that it's opposite to itself, which is supposed to be opposite to Earth.This means that Bizarro World must be opposite to it's already opposite (from Earth) world. (Sorry for the bad explanation) 

Thanks for reading! Feel free to prove me wrong... somehow. 

NOTE: This Topic is intended to be fun; sorry for offending any die-hard Bizarro fans out there. 

Tags: Bizarro, Bizarro World, Batzarro
    You're taking the opposite thing too far.
    If we live, that doesn't mean they should not live. Because that's not an opposite in powers or way of speaking. Or are you telling us all dead people are bizarros ? There is nothing problematic with Bizarro world ( I really ROFLMAOed reading those issues).
    Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jonny_Rogers

I appreciate feedback, but I was talking about the idea of opposites in general, and used Bizarro as an excuse to talk about it on a comic-based website.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.