Follow

Bishop

Character » Bishop appears in 2985 issues.

Lucas Bishop is a mutant from the 22nd century that traveled into the past, becoming a member of the X-Men, and later, the Uncanny X-Force. He has the mutant ability to absorb and redirect any kinetic energy that is used against him or that is released in his general vicinity. He is the first black male team member within the X-Men Universe.

X-Men: The Coming Of Bishop Collection

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Chane

I've seen sources (eg. wikipedia, tplist) claim this contains Uncanny #282-#288 whilst it may contain elements, it certainly doesn't have the full issues based on the size.  Does anyone have details on what is actually in the tpb?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's the first I've heard of this trade.  Any extra links or info you can give us?
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chane
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

It was published in 1995?!  No wonder it ranges in price so much: $16.95 to $207.22!! 

It would be easier just to buy the original issues of Uncanny X-Men on eBay.    

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chane
    @xerox-kitty said:

"   It was published in 1995?!  No wonder it ranges in price so much: $16.95 to $207.22!!  It would be easier just to buy the original issues of Uncanny X-Men on eBay.     "

I already have a copy (which of just located in a long box, rather than the tpb shelf where I thought it was), it's just not clear what's in it :o) 

It's not very big - the afterword is on page 95 and the first comic page is on page 5. 

The credits say material originally published as 282,283,284,285,287,288 (so wikipedia was almost right) which is too much to fit in the space provided in there entirety. 

There are 4 chapters: Payback!, Bishops Crossing, Bishop to Kings 5, Time and Place 
    There doesn't seem to be any artist credits in the reprinted pages, or story headers (the chapter titles are orange pages, with faded comic strip on them) 

I remember being disappointed when I finally tracked it down that it didn't have all the issues in it and it wasn't bigger. 

I was thinking about plugging my X-holes where trades don't cover as it'll be awhile until Essential gets there with the crossovers that 10 will have to do and was wondering if anyone knew exactly what was reprinted in this volume

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.