Follow

Bishop

Character » Bishop appears in 2985 issues.

Lucas Bishop is a mutant from the 22nd century that traveled into the past, becoming a member of the X-Men, and later, the Uncanny X-Force. He has the mutant ability to absorb and redirect any kinetic energy that is used against him or that is released in his general vicinity. He is the first black male team member within the X-Men Universe.

Ultimate Bishop

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sling Shot

His powers are different but it ain't a bad thing. Ult. Bish can change density and weight of things he coms in contact with through his mutant aura.

A power full of applications and tactical possibilities. This power can accentute the strategic mind of Bishop and maintain the potent presence he has.

Whatchall think if anythiang atall?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I like it. I always thought his 616 powers were too dependent on what was going on around him. He needed other energy to do anything really impressive, and when he did use them, they weren't (most of the time) anything special, just more blasting powers. That's not to say his powers weren't good or anything, I just didn't like them. His Ultimate powers can be used more creatively and, like you said, showcase his strategic mind. I also like the whole thing they're doing with him and why/how he's gathering his team. He's trying to save the future by recruiting the mutants he knows will be essential. I really want to see who else is on the team.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sling Shot

Exactly. This new power makes him more independant even though I think his 616 power could be utilized more creatively.

As for his team, another plausible powerhouse who gets underplayed is Dazzler. Her Ultimate version can be the cutting edge version of her that the 616 failed to utilize, although she may be cutting loose in Excalibur I'ont know.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I know this isnt Ultimate Bishop, but if he had this look when he first came into comics, I gotta think he'd be more popular. I mean who in the %$#@ wears a mullet? The American black male is the most copyed in the world, so they stick him with a mullet, wtf.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GambitO

In Ultimate X-Men #43 when Emma Frost introduces some of the candidates for the new, government-supported mutant team to the President, a muscular African American with braided hair and a golden chain around his neck is shown on a screen.

The President says, "No to Bishop with his criminal record."

A time-traveling Bishop appears in Ultimate X-Men #76. Moments after the battle with Cable concludes, he appears asking if he's too late to stop Cable.

Wolverine knocks him unconscious and the X-Men interrogate him. He is wearing the same uniform as the members of Cable's squad. He appears to be much older than the mainstream Bishop, because of his gray hair. He then leads the team into battle with Cable's squad.

However he fails to stop Cable from killing Xavier and is now trapped in the present day, due to the fact that Cable destroyed the device that allowed him to time travel.

In Ultimate X-Men #80, Bishop has a conversation with his younger self, who is incarcerated, in which he tells him not to use his powers.

Solicitations for Ultimate X-Men #84 mention that Bishop has formed a new team of X-Men, whih he is using to stop a new wave of Sentinel attacks on mutants, caused by an unknown enemy.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sling Shot

In that same issue they showcase the Morlocks. Sunder and Caliban seem promising. Sunder already is way ahead of his 616 counterpart and Caliban could be doing the same.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I liked Caliban.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prodigal Son

I like the story, but was greatly disappointed in the artwork. You guys are right, this version of Bishop is the badass that the 616 talks like he thinks he is.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm still not sure what I think about the art. I thought everything in Morlock Town looked good. The look of the Town, the characters, all of it. Everywhere else though, I thought the characters looked horrible.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

I noticed it the most in the Cyclops/Jean Grey scenes. Jean looked terrible, and she had "man-hands."

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sling Shot

I believe Alixe is doing 1602 as well. He has a style that compliments that type of storyline. I wish Immonen could come back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.