Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2498 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Theory: Curse of Shazam, what is the curse?

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alch21

Billy (assuming he is Billy Batson) looks pretty different in the Previews for the Curse of Shazam backup by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.

I have a theory that hes not only Billy Batson but also Freddy and Mary and other characters combined. This "Billy" as seen above looks like an adult or atleast a college student (Taller than those people in panel one, wearing clothing associated with people in that age group). My Theory is that the Wizard, when giving him the power of SHAZAM splits this "Billy" into the characters we know (Billy, Freddy, Mary, etc). This would be similar to Flashpoints Captain Thunder where it takes a group of kids to create Shazam. This could be what Geoff is trying to do, or atleast the twist that people would get angry over that he keeps talking about.

Tell me what you think. Possible? Crazy Talk? Blasphemy? Or the coolest thing ever?

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@Alch21:

Honestly, i think your theory's a little crazy sorry. It'd be interesting as an Elseworlds or What if? story, and i'd love to see that explored in that sort of medium, however as apart of the new status quo, i don't think i'd be a fan. If i'm honest i don't even think that's Billy in the preview. We know the Wizard has been 'abducting' people and testing them to see if their worthy of the power of Shazam, so i think this is just another person he's taken.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alch21

@Afro_Warrior: I guess he could be a random abductie.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

I think the two people he's talking to in page 1 are Freddy and Marry

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

Your theory is awful (no offence).
    BB

Zhakaraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zhakaraz

that makes absolutely no sense.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

I personally think that person is an abductee, who could later turn out to be one of CM's rogues.

A more "plausible" theory would be that, that is Billy, who is older, and becomes CM through the Wizards powers BUT the curse is that he is reverted back to a child like state and must remain that way forever. That would be a pretty shitty curse...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.