Follow

Beyonder

Character » Beyonder appears in 289 issues.

The Beyonder is an immensely powerful extradimensional entity of disputed origin. The Beyonder is the beyond-all and end-all of all things, striven on occasion to be both mankind's greatest savior and threat, in a quest to better understand human nature.

Is the Beyond in the Marvel Universe?

Avatar image for superboyprimeonejillion
    superboyprimeonejillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Although the Beyonder and Secret Wars were all published under Marvels name, is pre-retcon Beyonder actually inside the Marvel Universe? The Beyonder says himself that the earth's multiverse was just another drop of water in an ocean for him, so would he be considered to be outside of the marvel universe? And if this is true, wouldn't this almost definitely place pre-retcon Beyonder equal to TOAA, or even greater? It seems to me like the Beyonder is not apart of the Marvel Universe, but entered it as an omnipotent being from a plane above the omniverse, completely unrelated to the Marvel Universe.

Personally, I believe that the Beyond is the embodiment of all multiverses, the omniverse, and the Beyonder is the embodiment of the Beyond. This makes him, in my opinion, the strongest comic book character ever. I'd like your opinions, though.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

He is the strongest comic book character but only second when compared to The One Above All. Unless, one considers them the same entity. It is common for entities beyond comprehension to have several different identities and names.

*no pun intended*

(+)

superboyprimeonejillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one:

TOAA is the supreme ruler of the Marvel multiverse as The Presence is for the DC universe, right? Isn't the Beyonder beyond both of these multiverse, the embodiment and supreme ruler of the omniverse itself?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superboyprimeonejillion: I just feel like the name The One Above All should be Above the Beyonder. But instead of arguing who is stronger, more above, or beyond who. I rather see them as the same entity. See, a entity that has endless power in my mind should have endless possibilities. I see this entity to be able to take multiple forms at multiple times, beyond time, above the laws of logic, the constant presence. I personally see Beyonder being The One Above All, The Presence, Time itself, and the Universe itself. Endless power, endless possibility. Plus, it is fiction so, screw it.

(+)

superboyprimeonejillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: this is very interesting. I like it. The One Above All is also the Fulchrum as well, yes?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#6  Edited By AssertingValor

He's not that powerful anymore tho, but yes I believe that he should be the most powerful character ever other than TOAA

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Yes they are all one of the same and they are not. It is a contradiction but like Jamie Madrox making dupes but all are dupes neither one is the "original" one.

(+)

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say he is equal to Eternity. The personification of all things within a neighboring universe.

TOAA is the apex entity above all universes and existence itself.

The Living Tribunal is the one that maintains order within the multiverse.

The Beyonder would then be equal to Eternity, which means he's immensely powerful but still lower than TOAA and Living Tribunal, but certain higher than Galactus, reflected in Galactus getting smacked easily in Secret Wars.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

@starbrander: why didn't the LT stop the Beyonder from eliminating Death then?

superboyprimeonejillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrander: The Beyonder is millions of times more powerful than the Living Tribunal. Millions of times more powerful than the Marvel multiverse, actually.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrander: why didn't the LT stop the Beyonder from eliminating Death then?

Self rectifying situation, unlike the Gauntlet in the hands of Adam Warlock which required the prospect of all reality being destroyed to get Warlock to relent.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.