Follow

Beyonder

Character » Beyonder appears in 289 issues.

The Beyonder is an immensely powerful extradimensional entity of disputed origin. The Beyonder is the beyond-all and end-all of all things, striven on occasion to be both mankind's greatest savior and threat, in a quest to better understand human nature.

Is Pre-Retcon Beyonder more powerful than The One Above All?

• 57 results
    Avatar image for poisononousvenom
    PoisononousVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PoisononousVenom

Pre-Retcon Beyonder was not omniscient. Considering that he had to learn by experience and was unaware of "good", "evil", and other human emotions. So, he clearly and quite obviously was not omniscient(knowing everything), nor is he omnipresent(As he had never visited the mainstream marvel universe before). He "may" be nigh-omnipotent(very powerful but not all powerful), considering Dr Doom was able to steal his powers for a time, and how ending Death took a toll on his powers, he clearly isn't fully omnipotent either.

TOAA is fully omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent.(Which are the 3 characteristics that make up God) PR Beyonder could be compared somewhat to HOTU Thanos, though seeing that he lacks omniscience, etc HOTU Thanos is also, obviously more powerful than him. All in all, PR Beyonder was never god as some fanboys like to spout, he was simply "very powerful".

And for people saying how he was omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, in his home universe. Sure, but then so are A LOT of characters. Mephisto, Shuma, Dormmamu, etc, are all basically omnipotent within their home dimensions, just like the Pre-Retcon Beyonder. But within the Marvel comics as a whole, they're basically ants compared to TOAA.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, TOAA is much more powerful for two reasons. Let me try to explain, correct me if I am wrong

No Caption Provided

1) TOAA appeared to the fantastic four as Jack Kirby, so its safe to assume that TOAA is the manifestation of the writer in the comics, which means he can do whatever he wants.

2) TOAA can never be ret-conned, obviously because he is the writer

PR beyonder was retconned twice or thrice ( I don't remember properly ), by obviously the writers and artists working on that particular comic. Since TOAA IS the writer, we can say that it was TOAA who retconned the PR beyonder

Other reasons are that TOAA recreated the multiverse but that is debatable by saying that Beyonder's realm is much more complex

However this is why I think that the one above all is much more powerful than the beyonder

Avatar image for divinepixelbook
    DivinePixelBook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love of God, why must we do this? People will have their interpretations of what is written, and it becomes an endless cycle of nonsense. As a consequence of this, I will speak on Beyonder's part because that is what I am 100% familiar with. Anywho, we know that the Beyonder encompassed everything outside of the multiverse( what' lies outside the multiverse? Ask yourself that), and Toaa created the Marvel multiverse. (Beyonder was millions more powerful than that of the Marvel multiverse) Having said this, my interpretation would be Beyonder was the manifestation of the writers, and once Shooter made his exit so did Beyonder. Having said this, The Beyonder came from nothing and was God before Genesis(Infinite multiverse). Beyonder was what Toaa is now, and TOAA is what Beyonder was then. Who was the writer then? Jim Shooter. Take that up with him or ask him that very question.... or read the Marvel age .

What did we learn?

1. Beyonder was God before Genesis ..n =o end and beginning
    2. The Beyonder was everything outside the multiverse, and millions of times more powerful than Marvel (which was an infinite multiverse)
    3. Beyonder created a larger multiverse on panel that was an ocean and the marvel prime multiverse was a droplet next to it.
    4. Beyonder, in the end, did not wish to destroy the Marvel multiverse, Molecule man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc5c929240b2
    deactivated-5dc5c929240b2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MiketheOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MiketheOne

As enough people mentioned. Beyonder has repeatedly been mentioned in writing and by Jim Shooter/ Stan Lee on how powerful he is. The character is beyond Marvel multiverse while TOAA is God for Marvel multiverse. Plus all this information on TOAA is speculation , there is no concrete information that associates him with marvel writers or Jack Kirby. This is all educated guesses while Beyonders feats are repeatedly mentioned in comics and by his creater Jim Shooter. No brainer that Beyonder is beyond Marvels TOAA. By reading the posts I take it some people don't want to really dig into it and find the truth behind all this and just say toaa.

JayBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JayBlack

PR Beyonder is more powerful than TOAA/AAO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.