pentent's Betty & Veronica #1 - Why Can't We Be Friends? review

Avatar image for pentent

Probably the best of the Archie reboots.

This first issue of the new Betty and Veronica has Betty rallying the gang to save Pop's from being bought out by a corporate coffee chain, not realizing that Veronica's billionaire father is behind the takeover. The art is so good (easily the best of all the reboots so far) that the story could be complete tripe and I might still recommend it, but instead it has great characterization and dialogue. The old story reprints at the end are also the best chosen so far for the reboots; beautiful Dan DeCarlo art from the late fifties or early sixties. Archie Comics' release schedule has been uneven lately, but I'll wait as long as it takes for the next issue of this.