Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 701 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Skarlet Spider Fans

Avatar image for the_metal_messiah
    The_Metal_Messiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Metal_Messiah

Hi, i'm new to this site and this is my first post. :)

I know the Clone Storyline wasn't very popular with alot of readers but I personally thought it was a good story, just dragged on for alot longer than it should of been. Anyway I was just wondering if there aremany diehard Skarlet Spider fans out there. I personally love everything about the character the storyline,costume,name and was kinda dissapointed when they cancelled his series and very dissapointed when they killed off the character. I would of loved to of seen him get his own series seperate from Spiderman, say based in Los Angeles having his own adventures. Despite the controvercial Clone storyline does the Skarlet Spider have much of a fan following?

Jet jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jet jaguar

yes,VERY YES!

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

During the Clone Saga I started liking Scarlet more than regular Spidey. I just hated how they kept surprising us with "wait a minute... Ben might be the real Peter Parker" crap... as much as I'd love for him to be back and have his own series... I'd prefer for him to just stay dead instead of Marvel coming up with a lackluster reason for his return. I already liked the way he went out, died in Peter's arms as he accepted him as his brother.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.