Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 701 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Scarlet spider # 05: nick fury

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Surkit

Why is Nick fury black and why is there an agent coulson, is it just a joke on the movie, or is SS outside of continuity?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

@Surkit said:

Why is Nick fury black and why is there an agent coulson, is it just a joke on the movie, or is SS outside of continuity?

I did see some scans of Marvel actually bringing in somehow a black version of Nick Fury but I'm pretty sure his name was different. Could be wrong but no I don't think its a joke.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

In a mini-series called Battle Scars, they introduced Nick Fury's son who looks just like Samuel L. Jackson. They also introduced an Agent Coulson. It's not a joke. It's not out of continuity. Marvel seriously thinks that we want this.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Surkit

@Gambit1024: I'm black and I wanted it for the ultimate U, but come on that's just ridiculous.

no panels for spoiler reasons, but he is clearly addressed as fury and he's Coulson
    no panels for spoiler reasons, but he is clearly addressed as fury and he's Coulson

I'm going to the shop again later to pick that up

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

@Surkit: It really is. I liked Ultimate Fury in the Ultimate Universe, but I don't want him in 616.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

Le sigh.

It's Nick Fury Jr.; Nick Fury's son (whose actual name was not Nick Fury). It is Marvel's blatant attempt to capitalize on the success of movie-verse Nick Fury and it's fcking annoying.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Surkit

@Gambit1024: Exactly. A different universe is one thing but come on...

@Mercy_: Looked him up, so far it just seems like a stupid forced agenda from the movies, there is no reason for him to exist. It's probably because they wanted to have a reason to introduce a 616 villain in the credits of the avengers film, make seem like the midway point between ultimate and original...just flat out stupid to mesh in things from a ten year old verse into a what, 50 year old one that it was based on? just annoying and confusing.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@Surkit: The thing about the movies is that it takes aspects from both universes and kind of meshes them, although it does draw pretty heavily on Ultimate.

This was absolutely contrived and incredibly forced for the sole reason of cashing in on the movies. It's sad and stupid.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Surkit

@Mercy_: And the story for battle scars (Just read it) He goes from getting a$$ handed to him literally through the whole series, BURNS HIMSELF, because he's a soldier and he doesn't know the blast radius of a grenade, and then gets asked to be an operative for the most secrective law enforcement agency in the world. just because "his dad owns it." GD Quesada

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.