Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 701 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Bring back Scarlet Spider?

Avatar image for brandnewday_and_antivenom_fan
    brandnewday and antivenom fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who  wants the Scarlet Spider back? 

I do
    Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By darth_brendroid

xDD

Dredd Judge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Dredd Judge

Sure he's cool

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RedK

Yes times infinity

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By The_Martian

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel tries it. They got that Clone Saga mini series going on and that new villain who thinks Peter Parker is Ben Reily. I also heard that Kaine is supposed to be in an upcoming issue. Clones may be back in.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Ben !
    Ben !

Kaine!
    Kaine!

Gwen Stacy Clone!?
    Gwen Stacy Clone!?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

I wouldn't mind it as long as they didn't just have him pop up as though he never died....I don't want anymore mysterious resurrections due to OMD

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian
    @danhimself: But they have explained the mysterious resurrections?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself
    @Nobody:  was that a question or a statement?  I just want all the mysteries from OMD to be done and over with....I can think of 2 that are left and I don't want anymore added to the list
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Martian
    @danhimself said:
    " @Nobody:  was that a question or a statement?  I just want all the mysteries from OMD to be done and over with....I can think of 2 that are left and I don't want anymore added to the list "
    They sorta explained the MJ thing. Whats the other one?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself
    @Nobody said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Nobody:  was that a question or a statement?  I just want all the mysteries from OMD to be done and over with....I can think of 2 that are left and I don't want anymore added to the list "
    They sorta explained the MJ thing. Whats the other one? "

what Peter believes happened to everyone's memory of his secret identity and what MJ whispered to Mephisto
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian
    @danhimself said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @danhimself said:
    what Peter believes happened to everyone's memory of his secret identity and what MJ whispered to Mephisto "
    Peter knows what happened, to an extent. He explained it to Reed Richards.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself
    @Nobody said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @danhimself said:
    what Peter believes happened to everyone's memory of his secret identity and what MJ whispered to Mephisto "
    Peter knows what happened, to an extent. He explained it to Reed Richards. "

but he doesn't remember the deal with Mephisto he believes that something else happened
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian

Oh I see what you are saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    "I wouldn't mind it as long as they didn't just have him pop up as though he never died....I don't want anymore mysterious resurrections due to OMD "

i agree 100%
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty

I thought he was back... or is this a flashback/alternate-universe series?? :p 

Spider-Man: The Clone Saga #1
    Spider-Man: The Clone Saga #1

Spider-Man: The Clone Saga #4
    Spider-Man: The Clone Saga #4
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Calvin
    @brandnewday and antivenom fan: He'll return with a memory loss due to the Brand New Day! - Fans would love that detail ;P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Calvin said:

"@brandnewday and antivenom fan: He'll return with a memory loss due to the Brand New Day! - Fans would love that detail ;P "

I bloody wouldn't
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Calvin
    @brandnewday and antivenom fan said:
    " @Calvin said:

"@brandnewday and antivenom fan: He'll return with a memory loss due to the Brand New Day! - Fans would love that detail ;P "

I bloody wouldn't "
    It was sarcasm, Mr.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @xerox-kitty: it's a retelling of the original clone saga the way the writers originally intended for it to be before it got dragged out to a 10 year long arc
    maxcarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By maxcarnage

Well, the whole brand new day threw a monkey wrench into the past of spider-man. So, it could be possible that the scarlet spider never died, and maybe he's actuaaly alive and just hasn't assumed the scarlet spider mantle yet, but I'd love to see him in action again!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe BND changed his death and he didn't turn into a pile of dust.
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#23  Edited By EganTheVile1

Ben's back... (yes Brand New Day continues the whole "he never died now" thing)and apparently is a murdering villain.... Hmmm maybe the Carnage symbiote should come back and rejoin with Ben
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danhimself
    @eganthevile1 said:
    "Ben's back... (yes Brand New Day continues the whole "he never died now" thing)and apparently is a murdering villain.... Hmmm maybe the Carnage symbiote should come back and rejoin with Ben "

where did you hear that?
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Andferne
    @eganthevile1 said:
    "Hmmm maybe the Carnage symbiote should come back and rejoin with Ben "
    A world of no. I really do hope this never happens.
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EganTheVile1
    @danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "Ben's back... (yes Brand New Day continues the whole "he never died now" thing)and apparently is a murdering villain.... Hmmm maybe the Carnage symbiote should come back and rejoin with Ben "
    where did you hear that? "

In ASM 605 Raptor's inner monologue reveals that Ben killed his family (also shown in ASM annual 36), and he thinks Peter is Ben... Ben has also shown up in issues 308 and 309
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EganTheVile1
    @eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    In ASM 605 Raptor's inner monologue reveals that Ben killed his family (also shown in ASM annual 36), and he thinks Peter is Ben... Ben has also shown up in issues 308 and 309 "

*meant 608 and 609
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danhimself
    @eganthevile1 said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    In ASM 605 Raptor's inner monologue reveals that Ben killed his family (also shown in ASM annual 36), and he thinks Peter is Ben... Ben has also shown up in issues 308 and 309 "
    *meant 608 and 609 "

those were only flashbacks and I really doubt that Ben killed Raptor's family...he's obviously crazy and is wrong about what happened
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EganTheVile1
    @danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    *meant 608 and 609 "
    those were only flashbacks and I really doubt that Ben killed Raptor's family...he's obviously crazy and is wrong about what happened "

could have been Kaine or Spidercide who killed his family for that matter... not many with motive to frame the clone after all... but I seriously bet they are paving the way for his return... probably as a bad guy (who better remember who Peter is since he is a clone of Peter with all his old memories and has spider powers geez just looking in the mirror should undo Mephisto's memory erasing)
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By danhimself
    @eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    *meant 608 and 609 "
    those were only flashbacks and I really doubt that Ben killed Raptor's family...he's obviously crazy and is wrong about what happened "
    could have been Kaine or Spidercide who killed his family for that matter... not many with motive to frame the clone after all... but I seriously bet they are paving the way for his return... probably as a bad guy (who better remember who Peter is since he is a clone of Peter with all his old memories and has spider powers geez just looking in the mirror should undo Mephisto's memory erasing) "

I really doubt that he'll be coming back...several ASM writers have said in interviews that there are no plans to bring him back
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EganTheVile1
    @danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@eganthevile1 said:
    *meant 608 and 609 "
    could have been Kaine or Spidercide who killed his family for that matter... not many with motive to frame the clone after all... but I seriously bet they are paving the way for his return... probably as a bad guy (who better remember who Peter is since he is a clone of Peter with all his old memories and has spider powers geez just looking in the mirror should undo Mephisto's memory erasing) "
    I really doubt that he'll be coming back...several ASM writers have said in interviews that there are no plans to bring him back "
    yeah but you think they would have said Spidey and Black Cat would hook up if you asked them a few months ago?
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Much as I would like to see Ben back, I don't see it happening.

And Ben obviously was not the murderer of Raptor's family (Raptor himself did it); that was bound to be a misleading point, from the start.

rothfus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rothfus7

Here's a thought...and I don't know a LOT about the symbiotes, but I'm going on what I heard.  I heart that the Carnage and the Anti-Venom symbiotes bonded to the host's blood.  If the Venom symbiote were able to do the same, then Peter could possibly have some "left-over" symbiote still in his blood, which would have been there while being cloned, and possibly could cause side-effects during the cloning process (could possibly help to further explain the physical effects of Kaine and/or Spidercide).  This MAY be able to have enough of an effect on Ben that when he supposedly was disentigrated that the pieces of symbiote that had bonded with his blood coupled with the DNA manipulation could cause him to reassemble.  Just a thought.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By skaarason

just clone him again !!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.