Follow

Beast

Character » Beast appears in 9612 issues.

A founding member of the X-Men, Dr. Hank McCoy is a mutant possessing animal-like strength and agility. Despite being covered in blue fur and resembling a ferocious beast, Hank possesses an astounding intellect and a superb wit. He is currently a key member of X-Force.

Question???

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By papad1992

If Beast left the X-Men in Uncanny a while in back because he was at odds with Cyclops... Then why is he with the team in Astonishing X-Men??!! 

ME CONFUZED!!

Avatar image for deactivated-59acec0996df7
    deactivated-59acec0996df7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who knows. All the canonicity is just too much.

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By eldestrisk

Astonishing has always had a little continuity problems. I remeber even people who thought it was not main continuity.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By papad1992
    @eldestrisk:
    It's just... how can marvel say one thing in one title and then it's there in the next title at the same time!!!!?? ARRRGGGG!!!
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iLLituracy

Because Astonishing, for what seems to be creative issues, has never been subjected to main continuity. If there's a major change in one of the other books it's safest to assume that Astonishing takes place before that book.

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eldestrisk
    @iLLituracy: That is what I always assume.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papad1992

I just find Astonishing X-Men pointless!!!

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Astonishing X-Men takes place a bit before Uncanny X-Men due to release problems.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

After Whedon finished with Astonishing, it never really fit into the main continuity.  The funny thing is that when Marvel re-started Astonishing they acknowledged the complaints everyone had about where it fit into the cannon and they assured everyone that the new Astonishing would fit clearly into the main Marvel Universe.

That clearly hasn't happened.  Not only does it not fit in the current events in the Marvel U, but it's art is atrocious and it's writing mediocre at best.  It it truthfully a waste of a book and and the re-vamp might has well have never happened.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By papad1992
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows:  
    I agree with you 100%!!! Ever since the arc when Kitty was shot into space in a bullet... Astonishing lost it's touch and relationship with the other titles!! Now it's more like a slack-off wanna-be in the front lines type of book!!! I just don't see what Astonishing X-Men brings to the table.... Ooohhh, the supposed death of the long-time X-Man mechanic Forge!! How exciting!!! (Sarcasm runs through my blood)!!! I'm done ranting!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.