Follow

Beast Boy

Character » Beast Boy appears in 2006 issues.

The classically green-skinned member of the Doom Patrol and later the Teen Titans, Beast Boy has the power to transform into any creature of any size.

whats all this talk about beast boy dying during the re-boot

the #1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the #1man

Ive been reading around and people keep saying that beast boy wont make the dc re-boot, wat makes people say that?

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

He won't die, but it doesn't appear like he will get much focus at all either.  With all likelyhood, Gar will simply slip into limbo until someone wants to write him and DC allows it. 

The main problem is that Gar has been pushed aside so DC can focus on more "marketable" characters. It really was a suprise to me that not only was he kept out of the team books he could have fit in, but at the same time far less popular characters got thei own solos.  I mean My Terriffic and O.M.A.C. both have their own titles (doomed to fail if you ask me) 

Sure a BB solo probably wouldn't seel better, but a few more team books to accomodate the countless characters who have been over looked would have been better than several solo titles with limited appeal at best. 

There are rumors that there are still memebers of the JLA that weren't revealed on the first cover, so there is a chance he is there.  The only problem with that, tho, is that in a book with a large team (The current 7 and the rumored 6-8 additions) Gar wouldn't get much focus at all especially when compeating with the likes of Clark and Bruce for page time. 

There is a chance he could end up in the new Teen Titans book, but as that seems to be one of the titles that will have the most altered past from FP, there's no garauntee. Besides depending how they alter the past for the new TT, we might not want him around. 

There are suppossed to be other new titles in the following months after the relaunch in September, but we can't really say one way or the other if he will find a home then. 

Right now I'd say our best bet for seeing Gar in the future will be in a one shot in DCU Presents.  That titles will be a series of one-shot focus stories which if DC has any class will be used to display all their forgotten characters. 
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By labarith

A DC reboot is a signal for you to come over to the Marvel side. 

Avatar image for metallicmercury
    MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MetallicMercury

Well, he exists anyway. In Outlaws #1, he was mentioned along with some of the other original Titans. However, that does leave a lot to be desired...

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By greencrapweasel

OOO i swear they better not get rid of BB he is the entire reason of why and hoe i got into comics!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.