Follow

Beast Boy

Character » Beast Boy appears in 1994 issues.

The classically green-skinned member of the Doom Patrol and later the Teen Titans, Beast Boy has the power to transform into any creature of any size.

Concept missed

Jabor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jabor

If beast boy can transform in any kind of animal... Why he don´t tries to change into a kryptonian?

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Beast Boy can only transform into earth animals. He turned into an alien creature once in a story many years ago, but that was a way of filling a plot whole and has since been ignored as part of his power set.  Also he is only meant to be anle to turn into real, natural earth creatures (except for when he was being possesed by demon powers).  However a smattering of different authors have had him transforming into mythical creatures in certain instances.  This isn't part of his official abilities however, just people writing him and not researching what he is supposed to be able to do.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jotham
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows: What about dinosaurs? Is it any animal that ever lived on Earth?
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Magian
    @Jotham: I think he has transformed into dinosaurs before.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jotham
    @ComicMan24: Yeah, I think I've seen it. I really don't see what the difference would be between an extinct animal and one that is from a different planet. And what if he's never seen an Earth animal, can he still transform into it? I don't expect it to be realistic, but it should at least be well-defined and consistent.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian
    @Jotham: I don't know about an animal from a different. As for the second question, even if he hasn't seen it before, nowdays it is easy to find information.
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jotham: The difference is that different planet means different gene poole.  extinct animals works because they still share common origin with living animals.  As for animals he's never seen, yes he can turn into them, but he never will as he doesn't know about them and there for can't command his powers to do it.  Thats why he watches nature documentaries all the time to learn about as many animals as he can and what they can do.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jotham
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows: That's actually a pretty good explanation.
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jotham: Thank you, he is one of my favorite comic book characters, so I've done my research lol
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jotham
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows: Yeah, I like him too, I just don't know much about him.
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jotham: cool. well if you got any questions, just ask me and I'll do my best
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Zoom
    @Jabor said:

" If beast boy can transform in any kind of animal... Why he don´t tries to change into a kryptonian? "

Comic answer?  Because Sakutia and the experimental cure for it that gave beast boy his powers don't work that way. 

Real answer?  Because it would be stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.