Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I know her art wasn't the most well received in Batwoman #6, but she did have the unfortunate task of following J.H. Williams III which is a pretty tough act to follow. After issue 8 though it appears she won't be on the book.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/09/amy-reeder-leaves-batwoman-trevor-mccarthy/

More at the link. Some people should be happy. Just hope she gets another good project, I do like her art, but again, following Williams is not desirable for anyone.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I thought she was very much J.H. Williams' equal. Her art on #6 was great, and now #7.... She is TALENTED. After seeing what she did on Batwoman, I'm convinced nobody BUT her could've followed Williams. Such a shame she's leaving.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

I liked her art and felt it was a good transition from JH Williams. Let's be completely honest, though. His art was art. I could take literally any panel in that book and frame it as a work of art, it was that high grade. Amy Reeder's a good artist, even a really good one, but anybody coming onto this book after JH was going to be living up to huge expectations.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RoboShark

@The Mighty Monarch said:

I thought she was very much J.H. Williams' equal. Her art on #6 was great, and now #7.... She is TALENTED. After seeing what she did on Batwoman, I'm convinced nobody BUT her could've followed Williams. Such a shame she's leaving.

I feel the same.

rawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By rawr

This is totally posting on an old ass thread but I just recently reread the latest issue of Batwoman and if Trevor stays on the book much longer I might have to start reading it with one eye closed or something.

Amy drew a fantastic HUMAN Kate Kane and really gave character to each side character. I think her art in the "Batwoman" panels was getting better with each issue. Also a lot of the flack she got I think could be attributed to also changing colors at the same time. The colors were so-so. I thought the pencils were fantastic, IMHO.

However this new gentleman seems to be homogenizing Batwoman into the new52 style and it really lacks the quirk that JHW3 gave it and that Amy put her own special touches on.

I am hoping for a miracle with the next arc because the time-shifting storytelling and the lackluster art in the last few issues really dumped cold water on how much I loved this series when it started.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.