Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Why's it so short!?

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've just started reading new 52 Batwoman and I enjoy the story and I love the art but my only frustration/complaint is why is it only 15 pages? Why's it so short? Does this annoy anyone else?

Also with the new creative change do you think the book will be longer?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you reading digitally? I ask because BW has more 2 page spreads than any other comic out today (IMO). So, the book actually is the full 22 pages, but it seems short if you look at digital page count because many of those pages are spreads.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@rdclip said:

Are you reading digitally? I ask because BW has more 2 page spreads than any other comic out today (IMO). So, the book actually is the full 22 pages, but it seems short if you look at digital page count because many of those pages are spreads.

Pretty much this. J.H. Williams and Trevor McCarthy tend to spread out action across two pages more frequently than other artists. So in a digital comic, a Batwoman issue will likely appear shorter than your typical comic where most of the pages are self-contained and don't bleed into the adjacent page.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.