Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Query To Dark Knight, Batgirl, Animal Man And Swamp Thing Fans.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi Everyone.

I'm wondering if you can help me out. I'm a Batwoman fan, and am trying to collect all of her appearances. She is said to appear in Batman: The Dark Knight #2, Batgirl #11-13, Animal Man #13 and Swamp Thing #17. I'd like to know if she has a significant role in any of these issues, or if she's just in the background, not speaking, etc. I have Batgirl #12, and obviously she has a big part in that. I'd like to know which issues she's in the most so I can decide which ones to get first.

Hope you can help.

Scarlotte.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cap10nate

I just skimmed through Swamp Thing 17 and didn't see her. If ahe was in the book, she was just a background hero who has been turned into a Rot creature attacking the resistance.

She is in only one frame in Animal Man 13 which shows her die.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Cap10nate said:

I just skimmed through Swamp Thing 17 and didn't see her. If ahe was in the book, she was just a background hero who has been turned into a Rot creature attacking the resistance.

She is in only one frame in Animal Man 13 which shows her die.

Swamp thing won't be a priority then.

She dies in Animal Man?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It's in the Rotworld story which is in the future. Just about every hero is dead and used as an agent of the Rot.

No Caption Provided
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Cap10nate:I see. That won't be a priority either then. I'll maybe get these issues at some point if they're really cheap, I'm looking for speaking appearances first.

Thanks for your help. :)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Right, I've done some searching and apparently she's just in one panel of Batgirl #11 saying that she's about to come into contact with Batgirl. I can't find much information about how much she's in Batgirl #13 though, so any knowledge on that would be helpful.

Batman: The Dark Knight #2 apparently features a lot of small cameos from other characters. Can anyone tell me if Batwomans' appearance is worth getting, or is it about as significant as the villains appearances in New 52 Batman #1?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By wessaari

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Right, I've done some searching and apparently she's just in one panel of Batgirl #11 saying that she's about to come into contact with Batgirl. I can't find much information about how much she's in Batgirl #13 though, so any knowledge on that would be helpful.

Batman: The Dark Knight #2 apparently features a lot of small cameos from other characters. Can anyone tell me if Batwomans' appearance is worth getting, or is it about as significant as the villains appearances in New 52 Batman #1?

shes in Batgirl 13 for a little bit but the comic is more focused on Babs

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@wessaari said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Does she speak at all? I might get that.

Thanks. :)

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SupBatz

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@wessaari said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

She does speak but not much. She just sort of comes in at the end to wrap things up. It's mostly just about Babs as wessaari said.

If you're trying to collect all of Kate's speaking appearances then you'll probably want to grab Batgirl 13 eventually - just don't expect her too have a great role. Hope that helps ^^

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SupBatz said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@wessaari said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

She does speak but not much. She just sort of comes in at the end to wrap things up. It's mostly just about Babs as wessaari said.

If you're trying to collect all of Kate's speaking appearances then you'll probably want to grab Batgirl 13 eventually - just don't expect her too have a great role. Hope that helps ^^

It might get it soon then, it's quite cheap on Ebay.

Yeah, I'm going to try and collect all of her appearances, in comics or TPBs. It's mostly about reading all of her stories, but if I can get the original comics for collecting purposes, I will. Appearances with speaking are priority.

Thanks, it does help. :)

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By ChiSoxRox

To give an update on Kate Kane's minor appearances, I flipped through the new Detective Comics 80-pager (#19) since she was listed. She appears in the 900 story for three pages: she meets Batman with two minor characters she captured, the two glower at each other for a moment with an editor's note referencing the current issue of Batwoman and the tensions from her allying with the DEO, she explains who her captives are briefly, and she takes off again. Not much, and the comic is $7.99 so I wouldn't get it, but an interesting cameo nonetheless.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chisoxrox: I think I saw basically her whole appearance in that comic as part of a review of it. I probably would have got it, but $7.99 is a lot to pay for just a little cameo, especially as I hear the issue isn't very good.

Thanks for the info though. :)

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@v_scarlotte_rose:You're welcome. I got into the Batwoman series about two months ago, so I've been tracking down her earlier and other series appearances. I own (besides Elegy and her own series of course) several of her important 52 issues, the Batman, Inc. storyline where she confronts the earlier Batwoman, and the Batgirl issue where she beats up Babs in four panels. I've also tracked down from the library her Final Crisis/Revelations and Cry for Justice appearances. Is there any major appearance beyond those series (i.e. her on multiple pages) I'm missing?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@chisoxrox: I don't have all of her appearances yet, so I'm not totally sure what ones are most important. The 52 issues and Elegy do seem to be the most important pre-New 52 to her story from what I've heard.

She's apparently not important to the plot at all in Cry For Justice. There was 3 issues of Batman And Robin(Dick and Damian), that she was in, but I don't have them yet either.

She was also in a few issues of Countdown, and was in #3 of Crime Bible. There was a three issue arc in Detective Comics after Elegy/Go that focused half and half on her and Batman, and it was pretty good.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@v_scarlotte_rose: In Cry for Justice we see her watching the Justice League from the rooftops several times, but she speaks once, over a telescreen where she describes fighting a minor villain who promptly drops dead so she has the body sent up to the Justice League satellite, and that's it. It's a pretty short, pretty violent cameo, and the book's not worth buying just for her.

The other Detective Comics arc is high on my list, but since they weren't put in Elegy, I'd have to track the individual issues down and that would be kind of expensive. I'll get around to it at some point, but 52/Elegy seems pretty good as is.

Saying hi
    Saying hi

Recounting the fight
    Recounting the fight

Then she has some retort about "Fortunately my boots were insulated" and she agrees to send the body up (I forget which character comes down to collect it). And that's it.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chisoxrox: I heard that was her only important scene in that series, so I just bought that one issue. It's drawn pretty well, and it only cost me £1, so I'm happy enough with it. :)

The three extra Detective Comics are good, but they aren't as important as Elegy and Go. They're worth having, but not really a must-have.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@v_scarlotte_rose: Gotcha. I read it at the library here, which has a pretty nice comics selection. The rest of the story isn't something special and the ending gets pretty bloody too; it literally wipes out an entire city at the end.

Thanks for the tip on Cutter (the other DC arc). I found an article where the writer muses why Cutter was left out, and comes to the same conclusion: they're interesting, but not that important in the long run.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the bookstore today, I flipped through Batman: Battle for the Cowl and since Kate's on the cover, I figured she'd have an important role. Nope. Even though CV has her listed in all three issues, I found her in a grand total of one panel, on the second page, in a line up of the additional heroes in Gotham during Batman's absence. Am I missing something here? (It was a pretty interesting story in its own right, but I'm puzzled over Batwoman being on the cover as many times as she is in the actual story.)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chisoxrox: It's weird how these things happen sometimes. I bought an issue of Gotham Underground because she was on the cover, but it seems that she's not in the series at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.