Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Poll: Will You read "Batwoman" Williams & Blackman leave?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Poll: Will You read "Batwoman" Williams & Blackman leave? (22 votes)

Yes 18%
    Yes, to see if it's worth the read, then decide if I carry on 32%
    Maybe, depends on what the reviews and other readers say 14%
    No 36%
     • 
    Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I love Batwoman as a character, but to be honest, I did choose the second option. I don't want to give up on her, but if DC are willing to interfere so much, there's a chance they could change her too much.

I'll continue buying, and hope for the best.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not abandoning Batwoman, but if DC makes her merely a Robinesque assistant to Batman, or if they split her and Maggie up for some BS reason (i.e. anything short of a huge betrayal), I'm gone.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

I'll buy an issue or two, but honestly I feel like it won't continue much longer than that. I've watch DC ruin book after book and I have a feeling Batwoman is next. If Nocenti's name get attached I'll drop this book in a heart beat. Lemire and Rucka are the only two people I'd like to see write this book.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who would handle it

WildCatSammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely to see what things are gonna be like. Part of the reason(s) I didn't like the creative team on it until now. Mostly out of personal taste really, so I figure it's worth a shot at reading now.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

Depends.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I'll be looking at reviews from other fans before I give issue 27 a chance. I don't want to be biased against the book but I have a very sick feeling that DC will put Nocenti in charge (then she can have Batwoman, Catwoman, and Katana). And if that is the case, I don't think I want to give it a chance. I also think that it's a possibility that Simone might take the book. She's pretty vocal of Twitter about how much she loves Batwoman. And she has a history of "elevating" female characters. If she takes over, I'll give it a fair chance. Simone's work has been like-it or hate-it for me in the past.

By the way, is there any confirmation that Batwoman will continue after issue 26? There is the possibility that DC will just cancel it because of Williams' and Blackman's departure. With all of the bad press going around, I'm not sure if DC wants the title to stick around as a reminder of their ineptitude. And if it is cancelled, I fear Batwoman as a character may fade into obscurity in the next few years.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

@supbatz said:

I'll be looking at reviews from other fans before I give issue 27 a chance. I don't want to be biased against the book but I have a very sick feeling that DC will put Nocenti in charge (then she can have Batwoman, Catwoman, and Katana). And if that is the case, I don't think I want to give it a chance. I also think that it's a possibility that Simone might take the book. She's pretty vocal of Twitter about how much she loves Batwoman. And she has a history of "elevating" female characters. If she takes over, I'll give it a fair chance. Simone's work has been like-it or hate-it for me in the past.

By the way, is there any confirmation that Batwoman will continue after issue 26? There is the possibility that DC will just cancel it because of Williams' and Blackman's departure. With all of the bad press going around, I'm not sure if DC wants the title to stick around as a reminder of their ineptitude. And if it is cancelled, I fear Batwoman as a character may fade into obscurity in the next few years.

Yeah I'm far from a Simone fan, but I'd give her a decent shot.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@supbatz: There hasn't been any confirmation on the future of the series yet. The only thing DC have said is that it wasn't an anti-gay decision that they made.

But yeah, if the series does get cancelled, she could easily disappear, seeing as she's quite independent and doesn't have strong links to characters outside of her own series. If it got cancelled, I imagine there would be even more backlash than has just happened.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Celineness

As far as I'm concerned, it has been cancelled. All the plans and plot points that logically follow on from the past 23 issues are going to be thrown in the trash, and the new writer (who will be a good boy and do exactly what the editors say) will take her in an entirely new direction.

It's like someone just launched a new title "the Amazing Batwoman", and just happened to cancel the existing title at the exact same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.