Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

JH Williams III and Haden Blackmen were in the Wrong

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

At least when it comes to how they handled their departure. It was incredibly stupid to be so public with it and now the fans are going to be the ones who feel the consequences since DC wont be publishing 25 at all even though its already completed.

They showed a complete lack of professionalism with the way they departed and caused DC a tremendous amount of bad press out of spite. If they had just told DC behind closed doors they were done with their BS and wanted out they would have at least been able to finish their story at 26 which it seems like they were originally told, DC would have had time to find a proper replacement and we would have found out about all this mess when solicits for 27 came out just like so many other creative team change ups or cancellations. But instead they took their grievances online. Just because you can share everything online doesn't mean you should.

I have to say before you all bite my head off that I also think DC is in the wrong as well. Having an involved editor is one thing but ordering changes at the LAST minute is where they were in the obvious wrong.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Yeah your right, things are getting worst now that they when online with their complaint. DC needs to be looking into the editors and if their doing their job properly. People on tweeter were going crazing, it's kinda ridiculous.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009

I agree going online is un professional and douchy. After all DC did give them work and put faith in them for 20+ issues. We all have to do things we don't like at work from time to time. But airing the dirty laundry is worst than sudden mandates. After all, you are getting paid. In the end it's the fans who get screwed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Who's to say what kind of conversations they've had behind closed doors for the last two years though? Sometimes $#!@ boils over and frustrations come out, sometimes publicly. They will be fine, DC will certainly be fine. Yes, the fans get the disappointment shaft.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

DC editorial was being a dick. They decided to leave the book. They explained why they left.

I'm not seeing the problem. They weren't being rude or offensive towards DC, they just explained what happened, as opposed to leaving everyone in the dark (and in doing so, highlighted a very serious problem at DC, which is its treatment of creators).

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC editorial was being a dick. They decided to leave the book. They explained why they left.

I'm not seeing the problem. They weren't being rude or offensive towards DC, they just explained what happened, as opposed to leaving everyone in the dark (and in doing so, highlighted a very serious problem at DC, which is its treatment of creators).

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I disagree completely....the fans have a right to know what is going on

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@nico4ever said:

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChiSoxRox

Disagree completely. If a company is treating its employees without respect and forcing them against their will to change their output, those employees should speak up. Whether it's whistleblowers on Wall Street or the whistleblowers here, Williams and Blackman did the right thing by speaking out about this mess. I find it very disappointing that so many responses above me are knee-jerk "agree" comments. DC is the unprofessional ones here, but then the big comic companies have a long history of screwing over writers and artists from the very start.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

QFT.

Maybe if DC weren't utter tools it wouldn't have happened. They deserve bad press because they made bad, stupid decisions.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Disagree completely. If a company is treating its employees without respect and forcing them against their will to change their output, those employees should speak up. Whether it's whistleblowers on Wall Street or the whistleblowers here, Williams and Blackman did the right thing by speaking out about this mess. I find it very disappointing that so many responses above me are knee-jerk "agree" comments. DC is the unprofessional ones here, but then the big comic companies have a long history of screwing over writers and artists from the very start.

This.

I applaud Williams and Blackman for being honest with the reasons for their leaving the title. They handled it tastefully and did not bash on DC. And we are better off for it than we would be going on blissfully unaware of the shameful treatment of writers at DC.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#14 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Cannot agree more. If DC want to treat people that way, then they better be comfortable with the whole world knowing about it. You can't just treat people however you like and get away with it. Big companies think they are immune, that they can just do what they like and it makes me proud to see writers speaking out and holding them accountable for their actions.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am glad that I know what is going on, so I wasn't fooled into buying further issues when the story was going to be derailed.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#16  Edited By knighthood

@celineness: Exactly. The arc was building up and now it just cut short.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.