Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 957 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Batwoman in Death in the Family?

• 61 results
    wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

@stronger said:

@wessaari said:

@stronger: How is it mocking Batman. She isn't going out and trying to ruin Batman's name. She was inspired by him, and her father chose the name for her. She has saved the city, and deserves the symbol. Besides, DOTF has basically scattered the Bat-fam, so just because they aren't all goody goody with Bruce does that mean they have to turn in their uniforms?

Batwoman serves as a symbol of the Bat, without being tied down by what Batman wants to do. It is exactly what Babs did as Batgirl, but when Batman asked her to join him, she said yes. besides, i dont think he has a huge probem with it

The bat-family isn't tied down to what Batman wants to do.They are free to fight the crime however they want.

Everyone does what he wants to do,Nightwing is in Chigago,Red Hood uses guns Tim Drake goes off with the Titans whenever he wants.While I agree there orders from Batman not to do some particular things,everyone fights the crime the way he wants to.Also they have full support from Waynetech and Batman himself.

I don't why Batwoman isn't free if she alies herself with him,in your opinion.....

Because she is different from the Family. They trained and grew up with Bruce, and are aligned with him due to their loyalty and feelings towards him. Kate has never interacted with Batman past the few conversations she has had with him. She doesn't like the way he is, how his system works, and she doesnt think he trusts her. She sees the flaws that Bruce has, which is why the family is broken following DOTF. Ironically, Kate herself is acting like Batman as she is shutting out anyone she doesnt trust the way Bruce is sometimes. The difference is that Bruce has more experience and takes time for his trust to form. In Kate's situation, where she has acted as a lone agent while using the symbol of the Bat, if she were apart of the Family she would be tied down, because at the end of the day the big orders would come down through Batman. yes i think he would allow her to have her own investigations and what not, but if something big were happening or Batman disapporved of something, she would ahve to answer to him.

Now, this would only work if the Family were intact, and as of now Bruce is pretty much on his own so Batwoman joining him would be pretty out of touch. But as for when he asked her to join him when he did, the way that Kate was brought up in the vigilante's life, it makes sense for her to be on her own. She is very similar to Batman in his early days, and with someone who is as independent and head strong as Kate, it doesn't make sense for her to work "under" batman.

I like the idea of the Family, but I dont like the idea that the heroes have to work under batman, which for Batman Inc means that they would.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@wessaari: Once again....

Noone in the Bat-Family does what he doesn't want to do,because Batman said so.Batman is the leader of the team and so he gives general spesific orders,but everyone is free to fight crime the way he wants to.

Batwoman rejected Batman's offer cause she was blackmailed by DOFT.I think she would get in the team if not.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#53  Edited By Teerack

She has nothing to do with Batman so she doesn't make Batman "weaker" as Joker saw it.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

@wessaari: Once again....

Noone in the Bat-Family does what he doesn't want to do,because Batman said so.Batman is the leader of the team and so he gives general spesific orders,but everyone is free to fight crime the way he wants to.

Batwoman rejected Batman's offer cause she was blackmailed by DOFT.I think she would get in the team if not.

Dude, that is why Batwoman doesn't want to be apart of the family. She doesnt want to take orders, whether general or specific from anyone. Issue 19 is a good example of her explanations. She openly disses Batman and says that she doesn't think he trusts her.

she was blackmailed by the DEO, but she still doesnt trust Batman completely.

Yes the Family does what they want, but it doesnt change that they take orders from batman, and along with how Batman conducts himself, that is why Kate doesn't want to work with or under him.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari: There is no team in the world that can work out without a leader.

If you want to be a part of it,you have to follow a certain ammount of orders.Don't act like it's something bad.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@stronger said:

If you want to be a part of it,you have to follow a certain ammount of orders.Don't act like it's something bad.

She doesn't want to be a part of it though.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

She doesn't want to be a part of it though.

That is correct.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

I am not. I am trying to prove a point. Kate doesn't want to be apart of that. That is the point, that she shouldn't have to be apart of a team to validate herself using the Bat-symbol, and that she is doing great work on her own, which Batman doesn't diapprove of.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Isnt she bruce waynes cousin or something?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Isnt she bruce waynes cousin or something?

I've seen people with theories about it, but I don't think there's been any evidence of such a thing in the comics.

Onyx_Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Onyx_Nine

I think is a good idea she is not part of the batman family. She can be her own woman, without having to live under Batman's shadow (even tho she got her inspiration from him). Look at nightwing for example, after so many years he is still a glorified Batman's sidekick, at least is how i see it.

It also give writers some freedom to write stories without having to worry about batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.