Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Batwoman #26 solicit change

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

Update: DC Comics has released a new solicitation for "Batwoman" #26:

BATWOMAN #26
    Written by MARC ANDREYKO
    Art by JEREMY HAUN
    Cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    1:25 Variant cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    On sale DECEMBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Kate Kane's life has always been one of intrigue and adventure, but since she took on the mantle of Batwoman, things have been in overdrive with no sign of slowing down! Join us as Batwoman starts her next chapter and faces a threat that might just have her rethinking her career as a hero!

Original story: Despite confirmation earlier on Monday that Marc Andreyko will take over as the writer of "Batwoman" as of November's issue #25, DC Comics' December 2013 solicitations list J.H. Williams and W. Haden Blackman as the writer of "Batwoman" #26, with no updated information provided to press. The solicitation, offering readers a look at what Williams and Blackman had planned for what they originally announced to be their last issue of the series, reads as follows:

BATWOMAN #26
    Written by J.H. WILLIAMS III and W. HADEN BLACKMAN
    Art by TREVOR McCARTHY and JEREMY HAUN
    Cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    1:25 B&W Variant cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    On sale DECEMBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    Family secrets continue to threaten the recently reunited Kane family as Batwoman delves deeper into the mysteries of both friends and enemies. Guest-starring Batman and Bones!
    No Caption Provided

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2 Icarusflies  Moderator

D:

Aww....

I thought this was saying that DC would have Williams and Blackman on 26 after all...

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

D:

Aww....

I thought this was saying that DC would have Williams and Blackman on 26 after all...

Same :/

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

So there's 2 lost issues now?

:(

Wait, the cover is still by J.H. Williams?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kraya

Well then. #24 shall be my last Batwoman issue.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Kate's got our reaction. "You kept my arc finale locked up in a hard drive?!"

@kraya: I get how frustrating this all is, but I'm still going to check out the new writer. If we all boycott the title, then Kate Kane gets axed, period, and we're back to yellow spandex 50s Batwoman. This change is very disappointing, but at least we still have her around.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.