Follow

Batwing

Character » Batwing appears in 245 issues.

Lucas "Luke" Fox was born into a family, of wealth and prestige. He is the son of Wayne Enterprise's president and CEO, Lucius Fox. The accomplished mixed martial artist and MIT graduate takes over the identity of Batwing after David Zavimbe resigns.

Luke Fox Rocks!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batwing issue 20 was amazing! This is everything I wanted. Great job Jimmy Palmiotti!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain13

Batwing issue 20 was amazing! This is everything I wanted. Great job Jimmy Palmiotti!

I totally agree! I love the Batman Beyond relationship. I'm hoping that Luscious or Tam starts doing that at some point.

It's funny though. With all the tech in this book, I don't want a Cyborg series anymore. This is everything I wanted from that:

• A handsome lead
    • Great writing
    • a tumultuous father/son relationship
    • A hero with initiative and a fun-loving, adventurous personality
    • Lots and lots of cool gadgets, enemies, and locales

I want Luke to stick around for a long, long time. We need lighter-but-still-cool books like this instead of all the other GrimDark stuff DC likes doing.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdork said:

@superdork said:

I totally agree! I love the Batman Beyond relationship. I'm hoping that Luscious or Tam starts doing that at some point.

It's funny though. With all the tech in this book, I don't want a Cyborg series anymore. This is everything I wanted from that:

• A handsome lead
    • Great writing

I want Luke to stick around for a long, long time. We need lighter-but-still-cool books like this instead of all the other GrimDark stuff DC likes doing.

I have not read the book and I believe you guys, but he looks like a Black Panther rip -off.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never read, but I like his costume. Maybe I'll give it a read.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Captain13

@evilvegeta74 said:

@captain13 said:

@superdork said:

@superdork said:

• A handsome lead
    • Great writing

I have not read the book and I believe you guys, but he looks like a Black Panther rip -off.

David was more of a Black Panther ripoff. Luke is a global hero who differentiates himself from the rest of the Batfamily with his cool gadgets and engineering background. Personality-wise, I would compare him to... Well, it's hard to say. He's kinda like Spider-man but with none of the personal problems (besides his dad) or Terry McGinnis without the GrimEdge or Hawkeye but with more intelligence. He's a happy go lucky guy with a lot of talent, humor, and initiative. He LIKES being a hero. His biggest flaw is that he over reaches sometimes.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@captain13 said:

@superdork said:

@superdork said:

• A handsome lead
    • Great writing

David was more of a Black Panther ripoff. Luke is a global hero who differentiates himself from the rest of the Batfamily with his cool gadgets and engineering background. Personality-wise, I would compare him to... Well, it's hard to say. He's kinda like Spider-man but with none of the personal problems (besides his dad) or Terry McGinnis without the GrimEdge or Hawkeye but with more intelligence. He's a happy go lucky guy with a lot of talent, humor, and initiative. He LIKES being a hero. His biggest flaw is that he over reaches sometimes.

Well I was actually talking about his look!

Avatar image for thegoldenemperor
    TheGoldenEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: The comparison is honestly just reaching. Bat suits have looked like that for some time, and he's closer to a mix of the old Batwing and Terry if anything. I don't know why people have to make these kinds of comparisons with new heroes. There are a LOT of characters out there, and given this follows a formula he's going to look like someone. Geez.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman beyond ripoff.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i feel like Batwing's gonna face the chopping block pretty soon anyways... sales are bad, so i'd assume that'll prompt DC to do such a thing.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Ryonslaught

@baberaham_lincoln: Sales are dismal but DC has decided to stick it out apparently. They have plans for Luke right back to 2014.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David >

Baptimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really do hope to stick it out, I really enjoy this series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.