Battle was a weekly British publication for boys with stories about war. There were 664* weekly issues (from 1975 to 1988) until the title merged with Eagle (issue 306).
Battle went through several different title changes. Its most radical name change was Battle Action Force, when the comic ran stories featuring the Action Force action figure toy line.
Battle's title changes are:
- Battle Picture Weekly (From 8 March 1975 to 16 October 1976 - Numbers 1-85)
- Battle Picture Weekly and Valiant (From 23 October 1976 to 12 November 1977 - Numbers 86-141)
- Battle Action (From 19 November 1977 to 20 February 1982 - Numbers 142-363)
- Battle (From 27 February 1982 to 1 October 1983 - Numbers 364-447)
- Battle Action Force (From 8 October 1983 to 29 November 1986 - Numbers 448-612)
- Battle (From 6 December 1986 to 17 January 1987 - Numbers 613-619)
- Battle Storm Force (From 24 January 1987 to 23 January 1988 - Numbers 620-672)
* Editors might want to note that there was no issue on 30th December 1978 and issue 200 was issued a week later (6th January) potentially confusing people over the numbering if care isn't taken. Furthermore, there were two periods of industrial action that meant issues were delayed (issues from 19th January 1980 and 17th May 1980 were delayed, 8 issues being missed). This site has the correct number of issues - most other sources do not, including Wikipedia!