Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why no new battle armor for Batman?

The_Batman6274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman has used battle armor before in the comics and in the various animated series but why is it his armor is always much weaker than LexLuthor's? Lex can go toe to toe with Superman in his armor! Batman with his technical company behind him and his vast resources should be able to have comparable power armor to Lex and go toe to toe occasionally with the heavy hitters. I get so tired of him being reduced to dodging and running for his life when the heavy hitters start fighting amongst themselves. His is DC's coolest and most profitable character and deserves better!

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does he need it? He mostly deal with street crimes, and he lets the heavy hitters in JL deal with stronger opponents while providing support.

Lex also almost never gone toe to toe with Supe in his armor, despite using kryptonite.

Each JL member have it's roles, and you don't need Batman in a heavy suit when someone can do that job better.

The_Batman6274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex actually does a LOT of stuff in his power armor that is very impressive. See the Forever Evil New 52 storyline. That kind of role for Batman is ok for some of the engagements but occasionally I'd love to see him don some nice power armor and go toe to toe with these people too. He is a much more skilled fighter than them and it is a shame to hold him back simply because he is human.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Batman doesn't battle Superman level characters on a regular basis (unless he is with JL)

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex actually does a LOT of stuff in his power armor that is very impressive. See the Forever Evil New 52 storyline. That kind of role for Batman is ok for some of the engagements but occasionally I'd love to see him don some nice power armor and go toe to toe with these people too. He is a much more skilled fighter than them and it is a shame to hold him back simply because he is human.

Fighting skills doesn't really matter much when you are fighting on Superman's level.

Batman is not being held back, in fact he is the one most depended on plot armor during JL fights.

Characters with different power sets serves different role, Batman doesn't need to hit hard and tank hits, there are other members for that.

The_Batman6274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He fights with the JL all the time. He needs to occasionally be able to do more than run and dodge, distract, do something off-screen.

Serddar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No he really shouldn't, he is detective, tactical master and brain behind JL, if he was able to fight heavy hitters it would be too much. Things Batman dose for JL are as important as fighting itself, you sound like his job is less important.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has used battle armor before in the comics and in the various animated series but why is it his armor is always much weaker than LexLuthor's? Lex can go toe to toe with Superman in his armor! Batman with his technical company behind him and his vast resources should be able to have comparable power armor to Lex and go toe to toe occasionally with the heavy hitters. I get so tired of him being reduced to dodging and running for his life when the heavy hitters start fighting amongst themselves. His is DC's coolest and most profitable character and deserves better!

What? Batman just had an armor not long ago that allowed him to get to Apokolips to face Darkseid and the suit he wore in Endgame let him take on the Justice League and walk away perfectly fine. Granted, it's not like he left any of these people a bloody pulp, but i'd call that fairly impressive and wouldn't describe armors that can do that as being "much weaker than Lex Luthor's".

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that Batman guy is really being held down by editorial. They really should get some top talent on his books and push him more. He could easily be DC's most-used hero. If only someone at DC would just give Batman a chance and MORE armor.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@the_batman6274: I agree but batman's taken on martian Manhunter and green Lantern at once. I admit this fight was PIS as a whole but this portion of it could ACTUALLY happen.

But I do agree, they should put batman on the offense more instead of "Let's run because in a fight, batman's tactical and strategy skills don't work anymore for some reason!"

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_batman6274: I agree but batman's taken on martian Manhunter and green Arrow at once. I admit this fight was PIS as a whole but this portion of it could ACTUALLY happen.

But I do agree, they should put batman on the offense more instead of "Let's run because in a fight, batman's tactical and strategy skills don't work anymore for some reason!"

Batman beating Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter alone? What part of this happens, I'm curious.

And to be fair, do you just expect him to run up and roundhouse kick Darkseid in the shin?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Yes. It happens. Stop acting like batman can't even scratch anyone on the JLA and they're all untouchable to him unless he has Prep. Because that shit CAN happen.

Stop being so dramatic and babying batman like he can't do anything JUST because he's human. I swear I hate when people act so ignorant just because someone "is a human".

I LITERALLY just said most of the fight was PIS except that part.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: Well...I guess if MM doesn't TP, Phase, or try Batman has a chance. Or something like that.

And humans have done amazing things in comics. If anything, I'm tired of it. He gets to do everything BECAUSE he's human. To give people the idea they can be Batman.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Well.. I know if MM tries his hardest or even go beyond that batman still has a chance.

And so what? It's COMICS. Know what? I seriously dare you to go and make a human hero full of common sense and real life logic and physics. Watch how fast his weak *** dies off.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Well.. I know if MM tries his hardest or even go beyond that batman still has a chance.

And so what? It's COMICS. Know what? I seriously dare you to go and make a human hero full of common sense and real life logic and physics. Watch how fast his weak *** dies off.

Well, if we count bad writing on the part of MM then yes. If he's trying his hardest, he'd probably erase Batman's brain or something.

And If I were to write a human character, I'm certainly not going to put him against anyone like Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern. If anything, I'd be creating someone like Iron Man who is "just a human" but because of his tech is able to fight on par with characters like Hulk and the like. Or heck, I'd create someone like Black Panther, whose Heart-shaped herb allows him to do things far beyond any human's capabilities. Magic and Tech are where it's at.

Comics are fiction, and I get that. I also know plot-induced stupidity and bad writing when I see it and realize that when Batman is involved with fighting other heroes, those things will always be in abundance. That's why I typically stick to Batmen like Terry or read Silver Age Stories where everyone was doing crazy things on a monthly basis.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: It's the fact that batman's feats prove he could take down MM and Green Lantern.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: Of course. That doesn't mean that a feat isn't bad writing. Like, if Batman leaped from Manhattan to the Golden Gate Bridge, we'd call that bad writing, but also a feat.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Except Batmans feats aren't that far fetched.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Except Batmans feats aren't that far fetched.

Batman beating Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Green Lantern is pretty far fetched.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@scouterv: No, it isn't.

Green lantern isn't hard at all, He's slow, definitely not faster than batman(GL is slow but he's not as dangerously slow as I'm saying, I'm just saying he's nowhere near as fast as b\Batman), his attacks are not slow, but not fast either. And batman could easily use his abilities against him as shown. And batman could just knock him out, Green Lantern isn't hard AT ALL.

To take out MM, simple, get in a CQC with MM, when Green Lantern attacks, just dodge it and he'll hit MM. And if MM dodges that, Batman would already be waiting for him and beat MM up. Batman could drop smoke bombs and then MM would be fighting batman in his world(in the darkness).

Aquaman? That stalemated their first fight, the second Batman won. Batman's just a better fighter. Lol.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@batmanplusjay: a smoke bomb? Against MMH? Are you f***inf serious? That's just sad.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By jumpstart55

Because Batman is generally portrayed as being a Street leveler character with a real feel for the streets, that primarily deals with street level threats. Even though Batman will on occasion don a massively powerful armor like his incredibly ridiculous and overpowered Hellbat suit. But generally Hes not like Lex who has much grander ambitions and is pretty much DCs equivalent of Iron-mans evil twin.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@batmanplusjay: no bro. Just no. Unless the writer is a complete moron there is no way MMH is gonna be offput by a freaking smoke bomb

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Ok, then be the smart guy and tell me how a smoke bomb won't work. And even if it doesn't, which I highly doubt, batman has other things to take MM down.

But go on and explain please.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay:

1.J'onn is a telepath, has hyper senses. He'd still be able to sense Batman. That "fighting Batman in his world" stuff is bull. I don't doubt that Bats has stuff in his arsenal that could take down MMH temporarily at the very least. But to say that he'd be off put by a goddamn smoke bomb is insulting and shows a great ignorance towards Martian Manhunter skills and abilities.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Sensing? Ok I show ignorance toward his abilities.

So.... if smoke bombs don't work, CQC would assuming MM isn't great in CQC like Batman is. Plus, batman has things like freeze grenade, sleep pallets, has chaft(Chatt or something) pallets that redirect laser-like attacks from him, he has lots of things I think would come in handy.(In my next comment, I'll have already done research on his abilities.)

But, just tell me why stuff like Freeze Grenades or CQC(With shock gloves) won't work pls

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@batmanplusjay: martian Manhunter could presumably just phase through all of that. He also has telekinetic abilities and could just redirect them back at Bruce. Anyway as I said before I don't doubt that Batman could beat MMH with enough effort and planning so we don't need to continue this discussion.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.