Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why Legends of the Dark Knight is probably the Best Batman comic book series

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

For a title with about 214 issues, it's amazing to see how many good stories came out of it. The first arc is already one of the greatest Batman stories, Shaman, and the follow ups are as great: Gothic (by Grant Morrison), Prey (with Paul Gulacy) and Venom. There are some pretty amazing single issues (Terminus, probably one of the best single issues ever), and despite the drop of quality sometimes and interruption by the crossover arcs (Knightfall and No Man's Land), it remains one of the best Batman series to date.

Some arcs I recommend:

Blades (Tim Sale's art is at it's top here), Faith (Mark Barr writes a great story with the effects of Batman in the people of Gotham), Turf (with Shawn McManus art), Tao (by Alan Grant, one of Batman's best writers), Going Sane (this is one of Joker essential stories), Criminals (Mike Zeck's art is brilliant), Engines (Ted McKeever delivers a very intimate story), Freakout (I wish Garth Ennis had written more Batman), Siege (although I recognize it's not that good, I think it's a great Wayne family tale and I love Marshall Rogers), Terror (Paul Gulacy is back), Blink (and it's second part, Don't Blink, are among one of my favorite Batman stories, Dwayne McDuffie is a genius), Irresistible (I'm more a fan of Tony Harris art rather than the writing), Testament (John Wagner writing Batman, that's it), Snow (Seth Fischer art was so good I didn't even want J.H. Williams to drop the writing to take over the art, and I love the man) and finally, Blaze of the Glory (Will Pfeifer delivers a great story).

And I haven't read all of the issues yet, so there are probably more great issues. And what do you think? Am I the only one to think it's the best batman title?

I think this is also a very very great serie, with some of my favorit Batman stories.

Have you read the New52 issues/tpb ? I wonder if they're any good: Legends of the Dark Knigthh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.