Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why Aren't Riddler and Joker BFFs????

• 54 results
    Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

Conflicting interests ofc

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@modernww2fare said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jayc1324: It's not just Bane imo, Rocksteady doesn't really get any character,AO for all it flaws DID get those characters,little things like Bane trying to overcome his addiction,Deadshot's death wish etc go a long way to prove that WB Montreal did have people who had considerable knowledge. Rocksteady's depictions felt to me they were the handiwork of individuals with limited exposure to these characters. Hugo Strange's characterization just amounted to "HAHA I know you identity" this is something anyone can find in a wiki,same goes for Freeze(MUH WIFE), or sex object Catwoman(she kissed people as part of her move set,that's completely OOC)

Rocksteady was barely scratching the surface of these characters potential,I didn't mind much at first after all it's a video game and things like accuracy and characterization never factored much in to my judgement but AO showed me it's possible to incorporate those elements.

what's OOC?

Out of character,Selina is a woman of class,she wouldn't just kiss a random,dirty thug.

It really depends on what portrayal of the character you choose. In Batman Year one a story that is considered one of the best batman stories, Selina was a prostitute and in some of her appearances she acts too slutty. Also in AO, Black Mask was a punk who has easily beaten and all of his mob was overtaken by the Joker. They also modified some of the things in the Ridler Origin. Death stroke was beaten easily by Batman and Lady Shiva too. Copperhead wasn´t like in the comics. And there are more characters that seem too different. So I think that It is unfair what you are saying, the thing that AO did best was Bane in terms of character.

Year:One has almost elusively been ignored by different Catwoman writes over the years,it's a bit telling really and Frank Miller cant go long without writing his women as hookers, there's much more to Catwoman than T&A, few writers recognize this and IMO Rocksteady didn't. Yes she is slutty after all she's supposed to get under Batman's skin but that doesn't mean she would go around kissing random people,that's Ivy's job.

Black Mask has always been a talent less bully and punk,he was perfectly in character,he got beat because Joker>>>>>>Black Mask.

I dont get the Deathstroke complaint,as a boss he's only as tough as the player wants him to be, story wise the writers didnt want him to have a larger role,that's their decision,he too was perfectly in character,that little chat he had with Batman in Blackgate is proof.

Shiva was there to test him,the financial reward was secondary in her eyes,the fight again only as tough as the players skill levels ,perfectly in character,as Saren asked why are characterization and combat being mixed over?

This Copperhead is a brand new character,who has yet to make her debut

Catwoman kisses the thugs to get them distracted in order to be able to do the counterattack. You could say that she uses it to get under the skin of the criminals.

Well in Batman: Endgame, Black Mask got himself in control of all Gotham and he was very thought during that part of Wargames.

Deathstroke would have escaped the prison, staying in the prison equals no money and that isn't good for business (but he conveniently waited for Amanda Waller to appear). Also he didn't seem like the enhanced mercenary that he is supposed to be.

Actually Lady shiva wasn't testing Batman to see if his skill matched hers, She was testing him to see if he was worthy of helping Ra´s Al Ghul in his mission to purge Gotham of evil, but Batman failed because he would never take a life. In the game, Shiva wanted to purge the evil of Gotham, something that in the comics she wouldn't even bother by that. She was like a random League of assassins ninja and her combat ability only proved that. Sometimes the combat ability of a character is very important to make the character believable, If you make a character the best and most skilled assassin in the world and then she gets beat up like any other thug, I would doubt that the character is an assassin, I would only consider that character as a Joke. This thing happends to both Slade and Lady Shiva.

With that excuse I could say that the Bane in Arkham asylum is a new character because he doesn't resemble anything of the original character. They could have used the original Copperhead but they were lazy and they didn´t wanted to search on him.

She can distract them in other ways,point is they saw her as a sexy cat lady,to them that's ALL she was.

One terrible story,that writers spent years trying to undo.Even then BM didn't display much intelligence or capability,it was just dumb luck.

We never saw him accepting Waller's offer,we dont know what happened,and he was there for just one night. He was enhanced,his bio made it clear and he had a healing factor as a playable character.

Again the boss fights depend on your skill,Slade could be the toughest S.O.B in the world but he cant beat you if you're too good. She didn't want to purge the evil of Gotham,she was indifferent to it's destruction at Ra's al Ghul hands.

How is it laziness,it's not like the original Copperhead was worth a damn in the first place,eh she's a Johns character now that I remember,blame it on the fanboy.

She lacked the skill and the intelligence to find other ways to beat them.

How convenient that every story that conflicts with what you are saying, is garbage or an extremely bad portrayal of the character . Maybe you should send Rocksteady a list of stories you like about Batman.

You ignored what I was saying. Why didn't he escaped while the joker was rioting, that was the perfect time to escape? Why would Slade want to expend more time in prison? The awnser is because the guys who created AO wanted to make a Suicide Squad teaser. You know that the bio of Bane in Arkham city says that he is a brilliant strategist, right? Does that make him a brilliant strategist? In the game Batman also regenerated his health and armor.

This what Shiva said: "What do you know of justice? Behind bars or beyond them, these people never change. As long as they live, Gotham is stained." She seemed pretty concerned about justice. In comics, Shiva never seemed concern about Justice, She only tells Batman that in order to be a worthy opponent of her, he should kill.

Because you don´t like another character, It doesn't mean that there are no other people who like the character.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep getting mentioned in your comments

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis said:

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@modernww2fare said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jayc1324: It's not just Bane imo, Rocksteady doesn't really get any character,AO for all it flaws DID get those characters,little things like Bane trying to overcome his addiction,Deadshot's death wish etc go a long way to prove that WB Montreal did have people who had considerable knowledge. Rocksteady's depictions felt to me they were the handiwork of individuals with limited exposure to these characters. Hugo Strange's characterization just amounted to "HAHA I know you identity" this is something anyone can find in a wiki,same goes for Freeze(MUH WIFE), or sex object Catwoman(she kissed people as part of her move set,that's completely OOC)

Rocksteady was barely scratching the surface of these characters potential,I didn't mind much at first after all it's a video game and things like accuracy and characterization never factored much in to my judgement but AO showed me it's possible to incorporate those elements.

what's OOC?

Out of character,Selina is a woman of class,she wouldn't just kiss a random,dirty thug.

It really depends on what portrayal of the character you choose. In Batman Year one a story that is considered one of the best batman stories, Selina was a prostitute and in some of her appearances she acts too slutty. Also in AO, Black Mask was a punk who has easily beaten and all of his mob was overtaken by the Joker. They also modified some of the things in the Ridler Origin. Death stroke was beaten easily by Batman and Lady Shiva too. Copperhead wasn´t like in the comics. And there are more characters that seem too different. So I think that It is unfair what you are saying, the thing that AO did best was Bane in terms of character.

Year:One has almost elusively been ignored by different Catwoman writes over the years,it's a bit telling really and Frank Miller cant go long without writing his women as hookers, there's much more to Catwoman than T&A, few writers recognize this and IMO Rocksteady didn't. Yes she is slutty after all she's supposed to get under Batman's skin but that doesn't mean she would go around kissing random people,that's Ivy's job.

Black Mask has always been a talent less bully and punk,he was perfectly in character,he got beat because Joker>>>>>>Black Mask.

I dont get the Deathstroke complaint,as a boss he's only as tough as the player wants him to be, story wise the writers didnt want him to have a larger role,that's their decision,he too was perfectly in character,that little chat he had with Batman in Blackgate is proof.

Shiva was there to test him,the financial reward was secondary in her eyes,the fight again only as tough as the players skill levels ,perfectly in character,as Saren asked why are characterization and combat being mixed over?

This Copperhead is a brand new character,who has yet to make her debut

Catwoman kisses the thugs to get them distracted in order to be able to do the counterattack. You could say that she uses it to get under the skin of the criminals.

Well in Batman: Endgame, Black Mask got himself in control of all Gotham and he was very thought during that part of Wargames.

Deathstroke would have escaped the prison, staying in the prison equals no money and that isn't good for business (but he conveniently waited for Amanda Waller to appear). Also he didn't seem like the enhanced mercenary that he is supposed to be.

Actually Lady shiva wasn't testing Batman to see if his skill matched hers, She was testing him to see if he was worthy of helping Ra´s Al Ghul in his mission to purge Gotham of evil, but Batman failed because he would never take a life. In the game, Shiva wanted to purge the evil of Gotham, something that in the comics she wouldn't even bother by that. She was like a random League of assassins ninja and her combat ability only proved that. Sometimes the combat ability of a character is very important to make the character believable, If you make a character the best and most skilled assassin in the world and then she gets beat up like any other thug, I would doubt that the character is an assassin, I would only consider that character as a Joke. This thing happends to both Slade and Lady Shiva.

With that excuse I could say that the Bane in Arkham asylum is a new character because he doesn't resemble anything of the original character. They could have used the original Copperhead but they were lazy and they didn´t wanted to search on him.

She can distract them in other ways,point is they saw her as a sexy cat lady,to them that's ALL she was.

One terrible story,that writers spent years trying to undo.Even then BM didn't display much intelligence or capability,it was just dumb luck.

We never saw him accepting Waller's offer,we dont know what happened,and he was there for just one night. He was enhanced,his bio made it clear and he had a healing factor as a playable character.

Again the boss fights depend on your skill,Slade could be the toughest S.O.B in the world but he cant beat you if you're too good. She didn't want to purge the evil of Gotham,she was indifferent to it's destruction at Ra's al Ghul hands.

How is it laziness,it's not like the original Copperhead was worth a damn in the first place,eh she's a Johns character now that I remember,blame it on the fanboy.

She lacked the skill and the intelligence to find other ways to beat them.

How convenient that every story that conflicts with what you are saying, is garbage or an extremely bad portrayal of the character . Maybe you should send Rocksteady a list of stories you like about Batman.

You ignored what I was saying. Why didn't he escaped while the joker was rioting, that was the perfect time to escape? Why would Slade want to expend more time in prison? The awnser is because the guys who created AO wanted to make a Suicide Squad teaser. You know that the bio of Bane in Arkham city says that he is a brilliant strategist, right? Does that make him a brilliant strategist? In the game Batman also regenerated his health and armor.

This what Shiva said: "What do you know of justice? Behind bars or beyond them, these people never change. As long as they live, Gotham is stained." She seemed pretty concerned about justice. In comics, Shiva never seemed concern about Justice, She only tells Batman that in order to be a worthy opponent of her, he should kill.

Because you don´t like another character, It doesn't mean that there are no other people who like the character.

No she doesn't, now I'm getting the impression you dont get her either. How much skill and intelligence does it take to own random thugs?

Yes it was garbage,garbage because they killed off BM a year after it was written so much for big villain,garbage because it destroyed Batman's relationship with Leslie,garbage because it tried to destroy Stephanie and both were undone fairly quickly,garbage because it tried to create conflict between Batman and the GCPD but this plot line was put to the back burner and dropped without notice. No one mentions War Games and good story in the same breath,like I said writers spent every story trying to undo it immediately after it was published.

That's plot buddy,plot required that Slade not escape,and again he was there for just one night,he didn't escape during the riots because JOKER MADE SURE HE COULDN'T ESCAPE,that's actually complimenting the character. I dont hate AC Bane because he lost,or because he wasn't a big part of the story,that's what you're doing for Deathstroke. Slade's healing wasn't like Batman's healing,c'mon.

Lets say I'm willing to concede on Shiva,so what? she still displayed much more personality than Two-Face for instance and he's supposed to be a top Batman rogue unlike her,even AO Bane wasn't 100% accurate to the source material. I'll make my point clear,Rocksteady displays only surface level knowledge of their characters,they have shown that they are either incapable or unable to show more.

Tell me who cares about Copperhead? name one solo story in the last twenty years and you conveniently ignored my point about the new character having yet to be formally introduced in the comics,she actually exists in the and has been mentioned and now that Copperhead is dead she'll show up. This no different from D-list characters having their mantles passed along,it's been happening for years.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Come to think of it, I really don't see Joker and Riddler together quite often. They both want to get a Batman their own way but Riddler doesn't like Joker's methods of killing and just choose to stay away from him, I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.