Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Who is better at portraying the Bruce Wayne persona? Who is better at portraying the Batman persona?

FanFicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By FanFicGuy

Poll Who is better at portraying the Bruce Wayne persona? Who is better at portraying the Batman persona? (15 votes)

Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne 20%
    Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne 47%
    Michael Keaton as Batman 20%
    Christian Bale as Batman 13%

I am curious to know who played the best part of the Bruce Wayne/Batman. Question is basically asking who played the better part of the two halves of the character's two identities. So who do you guys think is better at portraying one of the two halves of the Batman persona?

For those who are saying Kevin Conroy, please know that this poll is for comparing Michael Keaton and Christian Bale only. Also, this poll is excluding Ben Affleck as well. It not that I don't agree with your reasons, I am just trying to focus on the two actors given in the choices. I respect everyone's opinions.

• 
    ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them. Kevin Conroy all the way, at least voice wise. In either role.

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
    HauntedGraveyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HauntedGraveyard

Micheal Keaton all the way. Only liked Bale as the bat in Begins.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Chris was best Bruce Wayne to date in Batman Begins, then he went downhill. Keaton was best overall package but defo the best actual Batman, and that's Batfleck included.

Penguinofsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conroy.

Bolt007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excluding Kevin conroy I personally like Ben affleck as Batman the most.

He plays the dark gritty type very well and I can somehow see him as a real life bat despite some people's dislike for him.

As far as Bruce Wayne... Hmm... I'd probably give it to bale... Somehow he made me dislike his character(which is what I fell Bruce is supposed to be- arrogant womanising personna)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As Bruce Wayne - Bale

As Batman - Keaton

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AssassinB

Kevin Conroy. Lots of people really believe that Batman's personality only consists in a robot inside a costume. And that he is very easy to portray. You just have to grunt and don't say much and say cliché lines. Kevin Conroy on the other hand understands that the character has plenty of hidden depths that are not easily seen. Is not only anger and pain in Batman.

Conroy can make Batman cry, be surprised, concerned, happy, and most importantly he never loses that commanding trait and intelligence while also keeping a very subtle human vulnerability. And that is not easy to portray.

I like that Conroy can make Batman feel and act human with a strong introverted personality. Batman is not a caveman with cliché hero dialogue. Or the cookie monster trying to be super macho monster.

I guess many people just don't like or understand the introverted types.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.