Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23636 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Which Batman villain would you want to be featured in Ben Affleck's Batman solo film?

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By daviddv0601
    No Caption Provided

With the DC Extended Universe being created and Ben Affleck's amazing portrayal of Batman in the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad movies, we can't help but feel the hype for his own solo movie. Now that it is confirmed that Ben Affleck will have his own Batman movie in the DC Extended Universe, it would be great to discuss on what villain we would want to appear as the main antagonist in the film. Below is the list of villains I would personally love to see in Ben Affleck's Batman solo film.

5. The Penguin

No Caption Provided

While not my favourite, I have loved his character in shows such as Gotham and The Batman. He can be very dangerous if he wants to be and a very deadly crime boss. While he is also very power hungry and has a little charisma, he can be a pretty sinister antagonist. That's why I wouldn't mind if he played an antagonist in Batman's solo film.

4. Mr Freeze

No Caption Provided

Yes. Mr Freeze would be a great villain to have featured as the main antagonist of Ben Affleck's Batman solo film. He is extremely dangerous and quite strong, yet he is also a sympathetic character. We could see more backstory and maybe a happy ending for this guy? I don't know, but to see how Batman deals with Mr Freeze's obsession to save his wife by any means necessary, even it it means killing people to save his wife, would be great.

3. Poison Ivy

No Caption Provided

Poison Ivy would be a great villain to be featured in the Batman solo film. She is deadly, and also attractive, which is dangerous for the mind of the male. And seeing Gotham turn into a little apocalyptic plant disaster with unbreathable toxic atmosphere that only Batman can stop would be simply cool!

2. The Mad Hatter

No Caption Provided

Now here is a pretty good example of insanity. He is pretty underrated and the only one in this list who never got a chance to be featured in a live action movie which I would most like to see. The Mad Hatter would be trying to get into Batman's head and using mind control as his main weapon. Using mind controlled zombie citizens to attack Batman, and trying to find the perfect Alice for his project, which is to turn Gotham into Wonderland.

1. The Riddler

No Caption Provided

Edward Nygma, aka the Riddler, would be a great main antagonist and perfect intellect match for the Dark Knight. We could have a much darker version of the Riddler, one that actually hacks into Gotham's electronics, places bombs everywhere without anybody noticing, kidnapping innocent victims as tokens for the Dark Knight to win through deadly deathtraps, conundrums, puzzles, riddles, etc. To see him actually getting Batman psychologically and bringing out the real detective work in Batman would be perfect, and to see the Riddler discover his secret identity would be cool. Don't get me wrong, Jim Carrey was great as the Riddler, but only a little too lighthearted and more of a comedic villain. A much darker, plus more characteristics from Batman: The Animated Series, The Batman, Gotham and the Batman Arkham series, Riddler would be great for the solo film.

Comment below on which Batman villains you would want to see in the Batman solo film and why?

LilTWill2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LilTWill2000

1. The Riddler, we need to show Batmans detective now, we mostly saw him being a ninja, I just wanna see some detective exciting **** you know?

2. Hugo Strange

Don't even get me started

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By OrangeBat

Poison Ivy, because sex appeal and superpowers, plus eco-terrorism which hasn't really been properly explored in a superhero film as a concept yet. Plus apocalyptic scenarios, and sexual tension thick enough to cut with a knife, which means they won't have to waste effort casting a love interest. Batman and Ivy already have enough "what if" stories with romantic hints to draw from. Just keep Harley Quinn as far away from her as possible, please.

Hugo Strange, because mad scientist creating crazy superweapons and genius mastermind who is a master of screwing with people's minds, providing fertile ground for a psychological case study of Batman in the story. Plus, he really needs a goddamn movie. The only major exposure thus far he's had is Arkham City, which wasted him in a cowardly lackey role, and Gotham, which is a terrible show.

Gustav DeCobra, because vampire story with a pretty creepy twist.

Clayface, but probably in combination with another, mastermind-type villain. Maybe with Hugo Strange?

Carl Kruger, because mad scientist with a goddamn DEATH RAY.

Dr. Phosphorus, because superpowers and a theme which could be used to explore isolation and the rage resulting from that - pretty relevant considering modern times and troubled, angry, lonely young men shooting up places.

NOT THE FLIPPIN' JOKER OR HARLEY QUINN.

All in all, I think the most likely candidate is Poison Ivy, because DC wants to outdo Marvel somehow and Poison Ivy has the following going for her:

1) She's female, and not a sidekick of some sort - really, this should be a no-brainer.

2) She's a powerhouse in her own right, which means cool action scenes and major threat levels.

3) She has a motive that hasn't really been properly explored in a superhero film yet.

4) She has sex appeal.

5) She has some nice sexual tension with Batman without being outright heroic like Catwoman.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By tparks

Superman

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aahz

Since they already had the Joker appear in Suicide Squad it would be strange if they wouldn't bring him in the Batman solo film.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy, Joker, Penguin.

Keep Ivy FAR AWAY from Harley. I don't want a great female villain being reduced to Harley's kissing dummy. That and I love DCEU's Joker and Harley together.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested in seeing Hush myself, maybe even played by Matt Damon. Alternatively, Matt could be a great Two-Face too I think. I also agree that Poison Ivy would be very interesting. I can imagine some insane fight choreography if Ivy was involved. Just please no Harley, and no Selina.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I feel like Doctor Hurt could work.
    I feel like Doctor Hurt could work.

The_Batmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't have to be in this movie but they got to have Harley and joker as the villain in a batman solo film at some point.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Court of owls

Deathstroke

Riddler

Doctor hurt

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: I would be so sad if they do another Joker movie. Enough ! And please no annoying Harley Quinn either.

@enzo991: If you've read any of the Hush comics. Selina plays a big part in them. It's odd to wish him and not want Selina.

But I agree that a movie with unseen vilain(s) could rock:

* Hugo Strange

* Clayface

* Hush

* Black Mask

* Solomon Grundy

* The Ventriloquist

They could adapt to start:

* Hush/Heart of Hush/Streets of Gotham - we could have good Bruce-Selina relationship. And maybe see Zatana.

* Robin/Batgirl Year Ones - Could be a great Ganster/Detective movie

* Truelly adapt The Long Halloween/Dark Victory - Lots of villains could be seen - a good detective story

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ezekael

Someone actually playing Batman. Plot: Real Batman criticizes Gun-toting Batfleck, explains to him why Zack Snyder is a moron.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@enzo991: If you've read any of the Hush comics. Selina plays a big part in them. It's odd to wish him and not want Selina.

No not really. During "Hush", Selina's relationship with Bruce was explored, but it was pretty much a subplot that had nothing to do with Hush himself. The same is true for Hush Money, and House of Hush. The only story where Selina featured prominently is in Heart of Hush, and her sole point in the story was to give Bruce a personal stake because he loved her, and she was nothing more than a plot device. She can easily be replaced by a different character.

Also, I don't expect the Batman movie to be a perfect adaptation of a single story, so just because I want Hush in the story, doesn't mean I want an adaptation of one of his story arcs. I'd argue that Zatanna makes more sense, as she actually knew Hush "Thomas" personally when they were little. Hush only targeted Selina because of her closeness to Bruce, not for any personal reason.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daviddv0601 I'd honestly say that the 5 you chose are great candidates.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler, Joker, Ivy

In this order

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BANE!!!

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

All of them.

Arkham Asylum style.

SolidWall211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5. A beginning batman vs penguin.

4. Deathstroke

3. The whole league of assassins. Not just Ra's and Talia.

2. Riddler

1. Posion Ivy. Too big of a villian, and has a very good back story. Her character needs justice.

Joker and Harley would make for a good Batman, and Robin film, later on, but right now we need a new, or a yet to be fleshed out villan for Batman.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Red Hood (Jason Todd), Ra's al Ghul, Penguin, Poison Ivy or Riddler.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Riddler.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

YES!!! THE RIDDLER!!! PLEASE!!! NEED TO MAKE UP FOR CARREY!!!!!

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
    FlashofTommorow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Conceptual Condiment King

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I indeed think Riddler would be the best. Bane is awesome, but we have had him recently. Joker is playing it safe, and they can not do that atm, since they screwing up. Only way they can use him is if they use the Under the Red Hood storyline, which would be awesome. Actually if they do that they already will have given some foreshadowwing in Batman v Superman.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wrucebayne

The five you chose would be great. We've gotten piss poor adaptations of those characters, so it'd be nice to see them done right. As much as I love Morrison's Batman and Dr. Hurt, I doubt that he'd be done justice in a movie.

It'd be nice to have Ra's done more closely to the comics and actually have Talia done right. Talia was definitely one of the worst parts of Rises. Courts of Owls be great as well, and probably the villain I'd like to see most.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We absolutely need a good Batman film featuring Riddler.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently chances are rising Deathstroke will be the main villain. Which is awesome.

KingTheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between Hugo Strange, Riddler, and Mr. Freeze

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By _Gaff_

Wow, didn't realize Riddler had this much love.

Riddler

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as i hate Poison Ivy would be good or Court of Owls.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a Bane fanboy, so I want more Bane, but Riddler would be best. We need to see Batman use his intellect more. It hasn't been explored that much on film. The man is a genius.

Elpizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hush or Wrath, heck maybe the Victim Syndicate just to capture the dark atmosphere

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Bane, the intelligent Bane we saw when he broke the Bat, the one that plans a large part of the break outs from Arkham, not the brainless musclehead we saw in Batman & Robin.

Or Solomon Grundy, alá The Last Halloween. It could be an introduction to the character, allowing for them to use the more powerful version of him in a later JLA movie a swell.

Or finally, Deathstroke, like Bane, he is someone that can challenge the Bat both physically and mentally.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DrArcania
    • Man-Bat
    • Red Claw
    • KGBeast (to back as cyborg :P)
    • Anthony Romulus
    • Monk
    Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Court of Owls

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange paired with either hush or Man-bat. Cause it HAS to be in pairs.

Beata

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Riddler for sure. Would have been cool if they did KGBeast right and used him.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By force_echo

@sirmethos said:

Either Bane, the intelligent Bane we saw when he broke the Bat, the one that plans a large part of the break outs from Arkham, not the brainless musclehead we saw in Batman & Robin.

Or Solomon Grundy, alá The Last Halloween. It could be an introduction to the character, allowing for them to use the more powerful version of him in a later JLA movie a swell.

Or finally, Deathstroke, like Bane, he is someone that can challenge the Bat both physically and mentally.

Yoooooo Methos. Long time no see huh?

I would personally love for them to do a Grant Morrison-esque storyline and use some pretty ridiculous characters like Dr. Hurt, Joker, Prof. Pyg, etc. Yet I'm not sure the general public would be able to handle that, and there's no way the people in charge of DC movies would greenlight something that was actually creative or unique. So, we're probably gonna get a merc-like character like Deathstroke.

EDIT: Upon further research, it appears they actually are going to use Deathstroke.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of want Clayface. Have him use his detective skills to find someone who can transform into anybody and was an actor.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDIT: Upon further research, it appears they actually are going to use Deathstroke.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@usha: Ben Affleck already leaked footage of Deathstroke

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Usha

@prezilla said:

@usha: Ben Affleck already leaked footage of Deathstroke

Y'know that Matt Reeves said he scrapped Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck's scrip right? He's making his film, his way and starting from scratch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.