Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Whatever happened to the Dynamic Duo?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

This might seem like a minor gripe and it could be just me. But does it seem odd to anyone that Batman literally never hangs out with Damian except in Batman & Robin? Kinda wish we'd see them in action together in Batman or Detective Comics as well. Dick and Jason went everywhere with Batman.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gotwillpower

Actually, Scott Snyder incorporates the Bat-family quite often. Batman's always consulting with Nightwing (such as in Batman #14), Batman #15 has already shown the entire Bat-family (minus Catwoman), and specifically in Batman #13 we get to see Damian. I don't really read Detective Comics, but it is shown in the preview for #13 that Damian is with Bruce in the Bat-Cave.

But, I do understand your wish for them to be "in action together." I don't think we've seen that yet.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

When people buy the Batman book, they mainly want to see Batman solo.

That's why Batman and Robin is a separate book.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By reignmaker

@gotwillpower said:

Actually, Scott Snyder incorporates the Bat-family quite often. Batman's always consulting with Nightwing (such as in Batman #14), Batman #15 has already shown the entire Bat-family (minus Catwoman), and specifically in Batman #13 we get to see Damian. I don't really read Detective Comics, but it is shown in the preview for #13 that Damian is with Bruce in the Bat-Cave.

But, I do understand your wish for them to be "in action together." I don't think we've seen that yet.

Yeah, I understand that other books have had some dialogue appearances. It just seems strange to me that Batman has three books where he's consistently going out alone. I don't know, maybe Bruce doesn't think Damian is ready for full-time crime fighting. Or maybe he's purposely limiting his involvement because it feels different now that he's dealing with his biological son.

Or on a less story-driven level, it could be that solo-Batman is just more well-received than team-up Batman.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gotwillpower

@InnerVenom123 said:

This is probably the reason. To incorporate Robin, you have to take away something from Batman. There just isn't enough room in one book.

Edit: Still, Reignmaker's point about three solo Bat-books is totally relevant. There should really only be one or two solo Batman books, probably Batman and Detective Comics (I would even get rid of Detective if it wasn't as old as it is). In the Comicvine podcast, Tony and Sarah and the rest talked about how redundant the Batman books are. Tony said that they should get rid of the redundant ones and make a Bat-family book, which focused on different members of the Bat-family every issue or arc or whatever. For example, one arc could be all about Tim Drake, then the next all about (if they introduced her) Cassandra Cain, then Stephanie Brown, etc. By making this book, they can get all the extra Bat stories that DC seems to want to write without three or four extra books.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SupBatz

@InnerVenom123 said:

Most likely this.

Still, I would like to see a bit more of the dynamic duo. Batman and Robin has been sub-par as of late. I think DC needs to get rid of Batman: The Dark Knight and introduce a sort of team-up book which just shows Batman working with other members of the Bat-family. We never see him working with Tim, Dick, or Babs anymore.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gotwillpower

@SupBatz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Most likely this.

Still, I would like to see a bit more of the dynamic duo. Batman and Robin has been sub-par as of late. I think DC needs to get rid of Batman: The Dark Knight and introduce a sort of team-up book which just shows Batman working with other members of the Bat-family. We never see him working with Tim, Dick, or Babs anymore.

Totally agree.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By chocobojam

If you like to see more father and son relationship with Batman and Damian. You should try to check out Batman Incorporated. that's where definitely you can see more Bruce and Damian father and child relationship.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KnightRise

I think Batman & Robin should become a Robin-centric title, but featuring Batman and his relationship, along with his relaationship with the family. Tim Drake got popular because of his solo title (plus Young Justice). I think that would help Damian a lot.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal19

@chocobojam said:

If you like to see more father and son relationship with Batman and Damian. You should try to check out Batman Incorporated. that's where definitely you can see more Bruce and Damian father and child relationship.

this, batman inc focuses a lot on batman and robin.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chocobojam

@Eternal19 said:

@chocobojam said:

this, batman inc focuses a lot on batman and robin.

Its true but maybe that's the closest thing for Bruce and Damian to have a father and son relationship. and besides, in Batman Inc. Bruce as a father, refuses to surrender Damian to his mother. and Damian as a son, will do everything to impress his father. He also go as far as wearing the Red Bird costume because he is worried of his father.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Dark Knight is the book they should kill. Yeah, it's good right now, but it's still unnecessary. They could easily turn that into a Batman Family book and use that to feature constant teamups between the family. One or two arcs could feature Nightwing and Red Hood exclusively and then you could have an arc with Batman and Batgirl, and then Robin and Red Robin and just go from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.