Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What would happen if Joker ended up in the Marvel Universe?

• 70 results
    Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
    HauntedGraveyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people die

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By dragonrampage

He would die from a hit from Thor's hammer after being mistaken for loki who could take a hit like that.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would die from a hit from Thor's hammer after being mistaken for loki would could take a hit like that.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how and why, but first thing i get on my mind after read title is picture... Punisher standing above Joker dead body !!!

Rolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher would end him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

He get shot by the Punisher or carved up by a Wolverine.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk Smash

Blood splatter and brain tissue everywhere.

Actually nothing big will happen at all. He can be easely killed in both DC and Marvel, he isn't because he is popular. There are many marvel villains who are still alive because they sell. Otherwise the Hulk or Wolverine would just kill them all and be done with it

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he gets killed.

The Marvels are alot looser with their morals.

Beata

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Moon Knight or Punisher kills him.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thanos gets annoyed by him and deletes him from existence. (Maybe this did happen but we didn't know since he was erased from existence?)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker will steal the power of the Beyonders with his intellect and become the new God of Marvel!!

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlueHope

Knowing Joker he would probably make Punisher kill him in a way it that would cause thousands or millions of civilian deaths making the vigilante responsible for this massacre as well. For the lulz.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd probably make a crazy Marvel villain. I could see him doing something crazy like filling the X mansion with Joker Toxin then waiting for for Wolverine to regenerate only to find a lot of people dead. Wolverine would probably hunt him down but Joker would hide until he had the perfect opportunity to use a Joker Toxin infused with Wolverine's healing factor so it would always be connected to oxygen atoms and multiply.

Heck I could see him stealing the power of Thanos then calling himself "The Mad Titan"

tjd2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tjd2814

Yeah I do think he'd get killed but I really believe he'd leave a good number of the marvel heroes traumatized by his actions

maybe even take some of the more kind hearted ones out

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep I agree. He will die 100%. And everyone of the heroes who met him would be traumatized.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage either gets a new host or joker dies.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would stay alive as long as he made Marvel money just like in the DC Universe.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AbstractRaze

@gazool said:

Carnage either gets a new host or joker dies.

Oh no, I don't want to imagine what a kind of Carnage would come out, the mere thought is terrifying.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher caps him

sup_won_bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sup_won_bat

He'd obviously be deemed worthy to wield Mjolnir and be declared king of Asgard!

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He'd a black, bi, female, protagonist.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lillion1: Yup and even Deathstroke lost to Joker once. If he were to be as profitable to Marvel as he is to DC then he aint dying. I'd argue then that he's more likely to kill Punisher than vice versa.

majinn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By majinn4

@ready_4_madness said:

Joker kills Punisher

LMFAO! I love this thread. Seriously, the only way the Joker is surviving in Marvel U is if he gets locked up in a maximum security cell at the Triskelion. If not, I give him about a week tops. Maybe a month or 2 if he stays relatively low profile. For the sake of arguments lets just say that the Joker somehow consistently manages to avoid Punisher, Moonknight and all other anti- heroes that would certainly kill him. Its still only a matter of time before he pisses off some high profile crime lords. The Joker would probably kill the wrong person and wind up with a hit on him. God knows how many top tier assassins there are in Marvel.......

TheLoneRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Rider will end him with Penance Stare.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Wolverine or Punisher doesn't get to him, then I could see him being a pretty good villain. He'll make a good Daredevil villain imo. Probably would fit nicely in Matt Murdock's rogue's gallery. I don't know if he'll be good with Spider-Man though. Joker is kinda of too dark for Parker storylines.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

He'd a black, bi, female, protagonist.

And amputated.

@majinn4 said:
    @ready_4_madness said:

Joker kills Punisher

LMFAO! I love this thread. Seriously, the only way the Joker is surviving in Marvel U is if he gets locked up in a maximum security cell at the Triskelion. If not, I give him about a week tops. Maybe a month or 2 if he stays relatively low profile. For the sake of arguments lets just say that the Joker somehow consistently manages to avoid Punisher, Moonknight and all other anti- heroes that would certainly kill him. Its still only a matter of time before he pisses off some high profile crime lords. The Joker would probably kill the wrong person and wind up with a hit on him. God knows how many top tier assassins there are in Marvel.......

Yeah because there aren't any top tier assassins and anti hero vigilantes in DC at all. Joker has survived Deathstroke and Azrael, 2 guys who'd slaughter the likes of Punisher and Moon Knight with in a minute.

Didn't even work on Venom, Joker has survived Spectre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

He'd a black, bi, male-to-female, protagonist.

Fixed.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kgb725

@entropy_aegis: First off np they wouldn't second Venom had a special reason to not be affected

Clamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets capped by the Punisher. Next.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rac95

Moon Knight thinks he is another version of Bushman and cuts his face off

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Him and Deadpool will probably have a crazy adventure that ends with Joker saying something wrong and getting a bullet to the head.

majinn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By majinn4

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah because there aren't any top tier assassins and anti hero vigilantes in DC at all.

No, none that the Joker has consistently done well against in a non-PIS fight. But by all means correct me if I am wrong. I would love to see proof (or reasoning) of Drakon, Shiva, Cain, Natas, Sensei, etc, hell even Deadshot or Red Hood losing to the Joker head 2 head in a serious fight, I'll wait.

@entropy_aegis said:

Joker has survived Deathstroke and Azrael, 2 guys who'd slaughter the likes of Punisher and Moon Knight with in a minute.

Don't act like those are even remotely valid feats for the Joker. But if you want to play that game Punisher has also "survived" the Hulk and Rhino so....

@entropy_aegis said:
    @thelonerider said:

Didn't even work on Venom, Joker has survived Spectre.

Stop..... Just stop...... The reason Penance Stare failed against Venom was because symbiotes "technically" don't have eyes. Joker doesn't fall into that crowd. Granted the Joker's insanity could still protect him anyways since the Penance stare also failed against Madcap due to his craziness/masochism. But even so, its irrelevant since any incarnation of the Ghost Riders don't need the Penance Stare to kill the Joker (with extreme prejudice).

And the joker Surviving Spectre..... Well this has already been covered.

majinn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By majinn4

@ready_4_madness: You're Ignoring the fact that:

:The Punisher is considerably smarter than most people (including many of his writers sadly) give him credit for.

:The Punisher has vastly superior physical stats than the Joker.

: The Punisher has a better arsenal/ range than the Joker.

:The Punisher is a better combatant than the Joker.

:The Punisher (unlike the dark knight) has zero problems using lethal force and a lot of it.

The Joker is in many ways even more overrated/overhyped than Batgod with his PIS. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if there are people who think the Joker could beat Thanos with Prep..........

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people saying Moonknight or Punisher would kill him are missing the fact that Batman; who is leagues ahead of punisher and MK intellectually (and potentially physically) still needs to stay on his toes when dealing with Joker. Only reason Joker doesn't want Batman dead is for two reasons. 1: Joker loves Batman and won't have a purpose to life if Batman dies. 2: He knows Batman won't kill Joker, so he continuously 'plays the game'. Punisher or MK won't last through any of Joker's funhouse if Joker knows they want him dead. only two proper contenders for Joker in this weight class would be Spiderman (it'd be more of a mind game) and Captain America.

majinn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By majinn4

@itouchedtheboat:

ABC Logic isn't going to work. It assumes that the Joker WILL always be prepped for anything (PIS) and that Punisher and all other anti heroes WILL always operate just like Batman. Thus fall for Joker's funhouse/ traps, they won't. It also doesn't take into account that what they may lack in skill they make up for in superior weaponry/ technology, armor (Carbonadium, Vibranium, Adamantium, etc), unpredictability/ insanity (Deadpool, Bullseye etc.) and recovery (healing factors).

Punisher in particular doesn't have to get anywhere near Joker to kill him. He can snipe Joker from a distance or even bomb him. Batman uses Close Combat/ Nonlethal methods so he HAS to endure Joker's torments. it isn't a matter of skill or physical stats, its a difference in methodology. Plus while no Batman or Deathstroke, Punisher isn't exactly weak in prep skills himself. At the very least he isn't stupid enough to walk into a place where Joker has "home field advantage."

Also there are waaaaayyyyyyyy, more street levelers in Marvel who can take the Joker than that. I don't see how Spiderman even counts as a street leveler.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy answer: The Punisher would have killed him in their first encounter.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@majinn4 said:

@itouchedtheboat:

ABC Logic isn't going to work. It assumes that the Joker WILL always be prepped for anything (PIS) and that Punisher and all other anti heroes WILL always operate just like Batman, thus fall for Joker's funhouse/ traps, they won't. It also doesn't take into account that what they may lack in skill they make up for in superior weaponry/ technology, armor (Carbonadium, Vibranium, Adamantium, etc), and/ or recovery (healing factors like Deadpool).

Punisher/MK are much physically and intellectually obsolete to Batman, and Batman has trouble (at times) against Joker's traps, that isn't even ABC logic, there is little to nothing Punisher brings to the table against Joker that Batman hasn't aside from actual weaponry and even with that, others have failed just like Punisher would. Also, I'm not saying Punisher is going to operate like Batman does, my first post I even say that Joker won't treat any of the anti-heores the same as he would with Batman because they won't operate like Batman does. He would make traps specifically for Punisher or MK, just like he made traps specifically for Jason Todd, Jim Gordon, Nightwing, etc. And in all those people I've listed he simply didn't kill them (aside from Jason Todd) because he knew that even if they escaped they'd never return to kill him (or be able to kill him at all). What tech does Punisher or MK have that is superior to Batman's?

Punisher in particular doesn't have to get anywhere near Joker to kill him. He can snipe Joker from a distance or even bomb him. Batman uses Close Combat/ Nonlethal methods so he HAS to endure Joker's torments. it isn't a matter of skill or physical stats, its a difference in methodology. Plus while no Batman or Deathstroke, Punisher isn't exactly weak in prep skills himself. If either one is going to know about the others capabilities first it's probably going to be him.

Punisher is nothing compared to Deathstroke or Batman in prep, how dare you insult the prep Gods. But in all seriousness, he isn't. We're setting Joker in the Marvel universe meaning for the sake of argument; he'd be equally obsessed with Punisher like he is with Batman. That means he'll know how Punisher operates. Batman has to constantly think 'outside the box' when dealing with the Joker because The Joker strategically plans his attacks according to how Batman operates, he can easily do that with Punisher, except he'll only have to do that once because his plan would be to kill Punisher.

Also there are waaaaayyyyyyyy, more street levelers in Marvel who can take the Joker than that. I don't see how Spiderman even counts as a street leveler.

whoops I didn't mean to count Spiderman as a street leveler, I must've worded it wrongly. Anyways Daredevil, MK and Punisher all take L's. Read Batman Endgame and understand that if any of these three in replaced with Bruce, they would never survive. Hell, even Bruce wouldn't survive unless he got help from others.

it's easy to believe that Punisher just unloads a clip in his head because it kind of makes sense, but it just plain out isn't true if Joker was completely based in the Marvel universe like he is in the DCU

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if he dropped in New York he would have to face all those epic street level heroes and anti heroes i.e spidey, Punisher, Luke cage etc but man he would make their lives miserable they really may have to call the avengers for all the chaos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
    deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much all the anti heroes would kill him wolverine punisher (definitely) deadpool

marvel has better antiheroes so he wouldnt last

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@farkam said:
    @eto said:

Fixed.

agreed

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
    @farkam said:
    @eto said:

Fixed.

agreed

you win this Thread LOLOL

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinn4: Take the battle forum mentality elsewhere. There are no rules, no stand in 2 oppsosite corners with as many weapons.

He'd kill every single one of those characters you mentioned, Lady Shiva literally got beaten by poisoned chocolates and poisoned air from vents.

Red Hood only wins when Winick writes them.

Deadshot could do it because he's virtually as crazy and unpredictable as the clown.

Point is that Joker isn't going to challenge them in a gun fight or a martial arts contest.

Not even remotely valid? The Deathstroke feat was written by MARV WOLFMAN himself.

I brought up street level anti heroes not Superman or Flash.So yes they're valid.

Yeah and Spectre can kill Joker just like GR so what? Why the hell have they not killed Purple Man, Kingpin, Bullseye and all those hordes of villains running around equally vulnerable to gun shots.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is with the Punisher answers? It's not like Punisher kills every criminal in MU. Also Joker would destroy Punisher, he routinely tricks Batman.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: That is exactly the thing that would make the difference. Joker knows Batmans mind set in general, on a random encounter he would just suddenly meet a highly trained killer with a lot of experience

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Marvel heroes will kill him. Then argue about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.