Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 21516 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What Villains Should Be In Batman 3?

• 169 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    With Batman 3 in the pre-production stages, mainly just writing the script that is, a lot of speculation has popped up as to who is the major villain in the film. Many try to pass these simple rumors as fact, and they all eventually get shot down, except for the few that, by coincidence alone, will be correct. So, I decided to take a look at the upcoming film, in relation to where the last one left off, and give some decent reasons as to who would and wouldn't work in the upcoming film. However, ultimately, it's up to Nolan and Goyer to decide who is going to be in this film, so don't take anything I say as rumor. It's all my personal assumptions of who could work in the film. 

Who wouldn't work?

The Riddler
    I hate to say it, and  I love this character, but he just wouldn't fit into the world that this last film leaves off. Batman is wanted for all the murders committed by Harvey "Two-Face" Dent, so Batman is a wanted criminal. The Riddler works best with Bats, in my opinion, when Riddler is trying to one-up Batman on the detective side of things. True, Batman could be trying to solve the Riddler's riddles as he flees the cops, but that may just be a little too much going on.

Any character with super-natural abilities
    No Mr Freeze, Clayface, Killer Croc, and Man-Bat. Poison Ivy could even be pushing it. None of these characters really fit into the world that the Nolans and Goyer have created: Batman in a more realistic world. As cool as it would be to see these guys on the big screen, I just don't see it happening. 

== TEASER ==

Who would work?

Mr. Zsasz 
    He's already been in the first two films, maybe now is the time to bring him to the forefront of the next film. Think about this scenario. Batman is already on the run, but murder after murder is committed in Gotham and Batman is being accused of them. To clear his name, Batman must stop Zsasz from murdering innocents. Works for me. There would definitely have to be more going on in that world, other than just this story though.

Bane
    It may not be as topical as it once was, but steroid use is still a big issue, at least in the world of sports. If you can take a flower and make it into fear gas, and make it seem realistic, then you can develop a super-steroid that really pumps you up. Obviously, not as crazily pumped up as Bane can get in the comic. Why Bane? Well, he's a mercenary. Batman is on the loose and wanted, best way to draw him out would be to have a mercenary hunting him down. Those of you who are familiar with the character, and not the misfire that he was in Batman & Robin, know he is an incredibly intelligent character, and he easily found Bruce/Batman and defeated him. 

Yes, there is no mention of Catwoman. I just personally can't think of a way she would or wouldn't fit into the film. Sorry Catwoman fans. I also think they could easily work back in Joker, Scarecrow, and Ras Al Ghul, but I chose to think about other characters rather than main villains they've already used, but that doesn't mean they couldn't easily be used in a third film, assume Mr Ghul has access to a Lazarus Pit in this universe.
    Again, these are nothing more than my opinions. This is not news. Why do I state this over and over? Because I don't want people taking any of this as fact, just the opinion of a person who not only loves Batman, but as a person who loves what the Nolans and Goyer have done with the film franchise. 

Now who do you think would work in the film and how would you fit them in the world?

~Mat "InferiorEgo" Elfring is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, comic store employee, and BatShark Repellent.~
    KingLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KingLoki

Black Mask w/ Deadshot  as a hired gun
    And maybe Penguin as a crime lord fighting against Black Mask for power

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gawdzilla

I'd like to see Harley Quinn make it into a Batman movie...though it's hard to have her without the joker...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @KingLoki said:
    " Black Mask w/ Deadshot  as a hired gun And maybe Penguin as a crime lord fighting against Black Mask for power "
    Deadshot would be great, and he'd work the same as Bane would as I mentioned.
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

i think the riddler.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goldenkey

Blackmask with Bane,  Penguin could work because he's mobster
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NightFang3

I think it comes down to these villains.

1. BlackMask & Deadshot 
    2. The Penguin & Riddler.

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

I'd watch if Bane was in it.
    btw
    @inferiorego:
    where was Mr Zsasz? can you post pics?

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Bearded Justice

Hush would work well, I think. 
    Maybe stick him with the Zsasz thing?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Deadshot and Lady Shiva, with Ras making an appearance at the end as the villain behind the villains.

Avatar image for deadpool_a_k_a_wade_wilson
    DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Hush

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Argentino_18

Riddler if it's well played...

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Caligula
    Black Mask
    Deadshot
    Calendar Man
    FireFly
    Two-Face (mabye he survived the fall, and Batman and Gordon held a funeral pretending he died a hero even though he survived as a villain.)
    Penguin
    Killer Croc (A man with a skin disease, and filed teeth who is part of a traveling circus, and is somewhat above average strength, nothing supernatural)
    Great White
    Sal Maroni (I wish they hadn't have killed him in DK)
    Hush
    Joker (just get a new actor)
    Zsasz 
    Scarecrow
    Killer Moth
    Mad Hatter
    Maxie Zeus
    Prometheus
    Treason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Treason

red hood
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    " I'd watch if Bane was in it. btw @inferiorego: where was Mr Zsasz? can you post pics? "

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @inferiorego: Oh wow. I did NOT know that. O_O
    Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Neverpraying

I want to see the Riddler, or Mr. Freeze OR Killer Croc. Hmm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Mr.Freeze could work. He deserves a redemption too

ManuelPrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By ManuelPrez

we can have the riddler as a cop, who might know who's batman buts is playing like a "Seven" movie type of game. But we can have also Black Mask or The penguin with Deadshot and Bane as mercenary

jonasLighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jonasLighter
    @CATMANEXE:

Vincent Price as Egg Head
    jonasLighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jonasLighter

Isn't, or wasn't HUSH Jason Todd?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Caligula
    wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By wordchallenge

Deadshot or the idea of Gotham City clandestinely hiring someone to hunt down Batman would be very cool. 

I'd also like to see Selina Kyle in the last one. With Bruce giving up the cowl and just living with her and them being philanthropists after jointly taking down big organized crime in Gotham. Just to make the ending tidy.

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By greenenvy

Harley Quinn is still possible because she gets inspired by joker's  previous crimes then dreams of freeing him but eventually batman stops her making her to be the main villain with a mission to freeing the joker but never does. What I mean is that she is highly in love with him already just by seeing his finished evil so her life long mission would to free him by doing horrible things rather than already being with him as a sidekick or interviewing him. There are villains out there who do evil for there love without teaming with them because there deceased or  locked up so that is the only necessary difference with the film version of Harley Quinn. Agree?  

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Mr Z and Ras

TheAntiVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheAntiVillain

Black Mask
    Death Stroke

didn't we go over this already?

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28  Edited By The Jeff

I still would like to see The Riddler

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @jonasLighter said:
    " Isn't, or wasn't HUSH Jason Todd? "
    Thomas Elliot
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By Dracade102
    @jonasLighter said:
    "@CATMANEXE: Vincent Price as Egg Head "

Egg-cellent idea.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Apparently the original plan was to use the Joker again. I'd like to see that.
    Really wanna see Catwoman in this universe too.

Overguardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Overguardian

So a flower that creates fear gas is realistic, but using artificial pheromones is "pushing it"??  
    And a magical pit that brings people back from the dead is realistic now? 
    I'm sorry but this list is totally arbitrary. You say one thing is unrealistic but then go on to say a Lazarus Pit would be fine.
    And hey, I have a question. If fear gas is realistic, how come a gas that induces violent hysteria before death isn't?
    As for the Riddler, what's so unrealistic about a criminal who leaves clues for the police just to show how dumb they are? Newsflash, THAT HAPPENS. People actually HAVE done that in the real world. 

Avatar image for coldhandofvengeance
    ColdHandOfVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I hate that Nolan went for a more realistic sense. It ruined the Joker, Scarecrow, and Ras.  To me, Gotham has always been a place that isn't SUPPOSED to be realistic. To me, its always seemed to be the place of nightmares. What with Joker, Bane, Killer Croc, Poisn Ivy, Scarface, Clayface, Riddler, etc. It isn't supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be a place of fear.  

So yes, what I am saying is that I am not the BIGGEST fan of what Nolan did to Batman. 

But to make this post related to the topic, I think it should be... Batman, on the run from GCPD. Joker in prison, he hires Bane to kill Batman. And GCPD hires The Riddler (With him being under the disguise of a Private Detective), who stumbles onto Zsasz, maniacally murdering on a whim.

Gizmo_Gia_Gias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gizmo_Gia_Gias

Deathstroke would be cool to see. I imagine him being paid by a mysterious figure who is strongly hinted at the end of the movie to be Mr. Cobblepot. He is doing it for the money and the challenge of fighting the bat.

buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By buns134

Black Mask and Catwoman
    Fuloqwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fuloqwam

I think a lot of villains could work as long as they're tweaked a little.  Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow and Ra's were all modified to suit the screen, why not keep at that?  I think you need to shy away from themed villains; such as your Poison Ivies, Mr Freezies, and Cat Woman-ies, 

King Tut and Egghead FTW.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By Benzo

Catwoman should defiantely be in the next one! that character needs a second chance to be on the big screen!
    I would also love to see Hush or Black Mask as well!!

KattVonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KattVonNoir

yeah I would like to see Ivy in this! they could totally make her Nolan-verse friendly, shes an eco terrorist I'm sure someone could come up with some clever way of adding her. I would LOVEx10000000 to see Harley, but I don't think it's going to happen just because I could see people who know nothing about Batman moaning in the theater over another "clown" type character. I honestly believe Selina is going to be in this one as the love interest, but not a main Villain. I'm so excited for this movie!

KattVonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KattVonNoir
    @ColdHandOfVengeance: 
    PS. I agree with you...I love the movies, but with it having to be so realistic it ruins alot of characters, BUT some characters if done the way they were in the comics/cartoons could come off as really corny.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bruce Vain

Uhhh Killer Croc could work. There are people with reptilian type skin diseases. So that's not far fetched. Plus, he's already kind of been established in the Nolanverse. Since he was in the Batman Gotham Knight dvd which takes place between Batman Begins & Dark Knight. And he worked pretty well in Lee Bermjo's Joker book. 

Freeze isn't too fictional either. I mean Nolan needs to kind of tap into the fictional world of Batman just a little bit. I mean he shouldn't be just dead set on that world being entirely realistic, like bring back Ra's using the Lazarus Pits which was mentioned in the novelization of Batman Begins. And Freeze should get revamped for the way he was butchered in Batman & Robin. Same with Bane. If I was to pick 2 actors Freeze it would Peter Weller aka Robocop or John Malkovich.

I don't believe Two-Face is dead so he should definitely get another shot in the next one. Bring in Black Mask & have him &  Two-Face fight for territory of Gotham. Like the Narrows for example. 

Penguin should have a little cameo with him running his club and secretly being an underground arms dealer. Scarface is another possiblity to have a small cameo maybe. 

Catwoman would be great to see so why not bring her in ? 

And I don't recall seeing Zsaz being in Dark Knight. He might be still running around but last we saw him he was in Begins. 

And I like to add on the right side of the law I would like to see Bullock and Montoya be brought in. I always wanted Michael Chiklis to play Bullock and perhaps someone like Michelle Rodriquez play Montoya.
    Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
    Craig Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Craig Lovecraft

I think Blackmask could work as a villain. They could even include a few other villains as his henchmen, if they could figure out how to do it without screwing it up. Also, Catwoman could be a possibility too, since Bruce needs a new love interest.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By ninjadude853

zsasz already had a cameo as a mob enforcer in batman begins

bane would be awesome to see

what about thalia al ghul?

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Since RACHEL DAWES, Bruce's love interest, was killed by the Joker in the last film, CATWOMAN would be a new option (but for BATMAN; lover & enemy). I still agree that ANGELINA JOLIE would own the part.
    Talia Al Ghul, Ra's daughter, who would want revenge for his death by hunting down his student... love interest as well.

Darth-Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By Darth-Spidey

I'm sorry.  Zsaz?  Zsaz!?  Let me get this straight....the guy who posted this thinks f---ing Zsaz would work as a main villain, but not Riddler?  That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  The rest of his thoughts seem pretty sound, but ZSAZ!? 

Here's who I think should and should not be candidates: 

Riddler: A definite possibility.  This is one that I wouldn't mind seeing. 
    Black Mask: A winner.  This I would love to see.  Black Mask is sure as hell cooler then other more well-known Batman villains like *cough* Penguin, and *cough* Ras al Ghul. 
    Hush: Screw everyone else.  This is who I want to see. 
    Catwoman: This would only work if Hush was the main villain and they used his first appearance story as a reference. (Catwoman's a main character in the story) 
    Mr. Freeze: Nope.  Freeze is a little too sci-fi for movies that lean more towards reality and Batman and Robin simply ruined him. 
    Poison Ivy: Another no-go, and for the exact same reasons as Freeze. 
    Bane: While a little too unrealistic compared to some of the other candidates, I wouldn't mind seeing Bane if he was done right. Batman and Robin may have hurt his chances though. 
    Man-Bat: Unfortunately no. Much too unrealistic.
    The Joker (again): Sorry, but the late and great Heath Ledger defined the role.  I'm afraid that Joker is not a possibility.   
    Firefly: Too minor.  Damn shame. 
    Ras al Ghul (again): NO!  Ok, Ras was OK in Batman Begins but I hate the character for the most part.  Ironically, his daughter and grandson are cooler then he is.  Hmmm...now there's a thought... 
    Talia al Ghul: Now THAT would be interesting.  I wouldn't mind seeing that. 
    Mad Hatter: What a s--tty excuse for a villain.  I'd hate to see this moron in a movie. 
    Penguin: Eh.....Let's just say there are better choices. 
    Clayface: No.  (Thank God‚) 
    Killer Croc: Possibly.  Again though, there are better candidates.  
    Scarecrow (again): No, I don't think he should get to be the main villain again as much as I love the character. 
    Zsaz: I believe I already voiced my thoughts on this one. 
    Deadshot: Too minor, not exclusively a Batman villain, and he already appeared in Batman: Gotham Knight. 
    Maxie Zeus: Too minor, and more to the point, too stupid. 
    Harley Quinn: Unfortunately for poor Harley, she's too much like the Joker and is never seen without him so that wouldn't really work. 
    Jason Todd: I wish. 

OK, in all, I think the top 3 candidates are: Riddler, Black Mask, and Hush.  I personally think Catwoman could fit, maybe as a friend/foe/love interest.  Other possibilities include Bane and Talia (well, I think that would be a clever idea, but that's just me.)  Well, I can safely say that it would be better then Zsaz (sorry, I still can't get over that.)

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Oh man! I think this is the one and only time I've strongly disagreed with you, Inferior. I'm heavily pushing for Riddler and I’ve really got to disagree that he doesn’t work here. I’m fairly sure he’s safely the front runner.  I think he’s the best unused villain for Nolan’s psychology or realism shtick. I just can’t see characters like Zsasz, Bane, and Black Mask carrying a film. For starters, Mr. Zsasz has nothing inherently special about him. He’s a dime-a-dozen comic book serial killer, that’s quite bland in my opinion. He does nothing we haven’t seen 100 times over in films. I’ve never much liked Bane and though I can see an argument that he could hold his own plot, he’s not the Schumacher meathead he’d appear to be, I just can’t see him being enough of a face villain for the film to bank off of. The same applies to Black Mask. They’re not classic foes; they’re unrecognizable (to outside comic book reading audiences) or fairly one-dimensional. I wouldn’t mind cameos of any of the above, but to me if you’re aiming to give a modern Bat rival some deserved screen-time, I’d go Ventriloquist. He’s always felt the most “classic batman” of the contemporary villains in my opinion, but even then he wouldn’t be someone I’m begging to see. Plus I imagine he’d be incredibly difficult to not accidentally portray as comical.  But at least there's a lot more psychology going on with Scarface.     

For me, Riddler and Mad Hatter would make ideal choices - one re-used villain and one all-new.  

Also there are ways of getting around Poison Ivy being too fantastical. It seems to vary from writer to writer just how fantasy-based she is. For starters, make her more like the original BTAS Ivy. She didn't really have much in the way of super-human abilities and a rabid eco-terrorism is very relevant to  today’s green hyped world. A sultry seductress that genetically engineers plant compounds for terroristic purposes, immunizing herself, would work perfectly.     

I've also read that Nolan's already ruled out Penguin because he's "too unrealistic," which makes zero sense to me. Unless he's watching Batman Returns, hardly at all what the Penguin has been in comics for decades, the Penguin is one of the most realistic villains Batman has. He's basically become nothing but a glorified mob boss. Even the umbrella gimmick...well...they do have weapon-concealing ones in real-life.

PhantomAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By PhantomAres

Well I think there are a few good possibilities, like mentioned Zsasz and Bane would be really good to see and I agree with the people who have already mentioned Black Mask, but I would like a combo of Deadshot and Hugo Strange, Deadshot hunting Batman for the sheer fun of it and Hugo Strange as the kind of 'behind the scenes' villain who is hired to assess Batman and help track him down eventually leading into his obsession with him.

jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#48  Edited By jlat89

why do so many people want the riddler? He's been done before, how about a character that hasn't been used in any batman film before, something that Begins excelled in, focusing on Scarecrow, Ra's and Falcone.
    The Batman's Rogue Gallery is not limited to the Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, and Penguin.
    I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to see these characters used, it just seems that everyone defaults with Riddler and Penguin.

couzinit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By couzinit99

i'd like to see a sort of motely crew of villains, briefly mentioned of course, lead by one Big Bad, mayb Zsasz and have a lil romantic involvement with Talia Al Ghul, which would of course cause the return of Ra's, which would be cool too :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.