Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What Marvel Character could beat Batman?

• 170 results
    gallagher410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gallagher410

So Batman is considered one of the best DC superheroes ever created. We all know that with his detective,fighting,and gadgetry skills, he could defeat any foe of the DC universe, including Superman. So my question is, do you think that, given Batman's skills, there are any Marvel characters that could over throw the Dark Knight? and please explain why. Oh, and the Batman is Bruce Wayne at his peak.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @gallagher410 said:
    "  he could defeat any foe of the DC universe, including Superman. "
    that is not true.  There are plenty of characters far more powerful then him

@gallagher410 said:
    "  So my question is, do you think that, given Batman's skills, there are any Marvel characters that could over throw the Dark Knight?"
    none at street level, 2 or three might stalemate him. But there are plenty of super-powered ones that could take him.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Most of them could.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Nobody said:
    " Most of them could. "
    depends on what tier of power we're talking about. A street level tier, I can't think of any. At super-powered level, many, many could.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fire-brand

depends on prep and any specific weaknesses. i doubt batman could take on someone like thor because he doesn't reall have any specific weaknesses (like kryptonite or fire or something).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Well off the top of my head, Hulk, Sentry, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thing, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Invisible Woman, the list can go on and on. Batman is just really over glorified

moshimoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moshimoshi
    @reaper2923: I agree to this somewhat, as much as i love him fanboys always quote him beating superman, j'onn, etc. It's not even close to his real power level. Most people with superpowers and an iq over 20 could beat him.

Batman is for punching thugs in the face not fighting the avengers.
    Alpha1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alpha1029

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You guys just don't get it don't you? You guys don't even know who Batman is and start making a stupid list of heroes that you think can beat Batman? LOL, you don't know anything about Batman. Batman is one of the most intelligent heroes in the DC universe, actually the most, not one of the most he is the top mastermind. You actually think Iron Man can defeat Batman??? LOL, this is how Batman works in case you guys don't know, Iron Man wear a robotic machine, so as long as Iron Man don't have a machine his a pussy. Batman found the weakness, there is A LOT of possibilities of how Batman can beat Iron Man with his super genius level, create a device that controls Iron's Man suit and deactivate it.

Batman is not retarded he knows he won't beat Thor, that is why he got soo many allies, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and a lot of others to back him up when things goes ugly. You guys really don't know how Batman works and why his the best, he is a genius and that's enough, he also beat Hulk before -.- Spiderman's weakness? His girlfriend, Invincible woman? Get water all over her or mud or anything, as long as Batman know where she is there is no way she can beat Batman. Thing is soo weak, I can't believe you actually compare thing to Batman, his not over glorified, he IS the BEST.

And by the way Batman is not for punching thugs, Batman beat The Joker, Bane (which would beat up thing), Killer Croc (which would also beat up thing), Poison Ivy (Spiderman, Ironman, Thing and the list goes on which couldn't resist her poisonous kiss), Scarecrow (this is a good one, Batman's only fear is bat, and he overcomes it by being a Bat himself, he have no fear. All the other heroes have fear, yes ALL, they might go insane for ever). You just never understand how good Batman is, his villains are not the ones that got super strenght who can be beaten in a fight, not those boring villains that'll lose as long as you can fight like Superman's one. 

Batman is THE ONE

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By saiyan_earthling

A lot

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
    Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Taskmaster's PHOTOGENIC REFLEXES would be enough to beat the Bat.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By batman_is_god
    @gallagher410:
    Glactus, Living Tribunal, that kind of thing.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By daredevil21134

Maybe Ghost Rider
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @Black Lantern Mar-vell said:

" Taskmaster's PHOTOGENIC REFLEXES would be enough to beat the Bat. "

pho·to·gen·ic   (ft-jnk) adj.
    1. Attractive as a subject for photography.
    2. Biology: Producing or emitting light; phosphorescent.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By daredevil21134

lol

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RLAAMJR
    @Alpha1029 said:
    " AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  You guys just don't get it don't you? You guys don't even know who Batman is and start making a stupid list of heroes that you think can beat Batman? LOL, you don't know anything about Batman. Batman is one of the most intelligent heroes in the DC universe, actually the most, not one of the most he is the top mastermind. You actually think Iron Man can defeat Batman??? LOL, this is how Batman works in case you guys don't know, Iron Man wear a robotic machine, so as long as Iron Man don't have a machine his a pussy. Batman found the weakness, there is A LOT of possibilities of how Batman can beat Iron Man with his super genius level, create a device that controls Iron's Man suit and deactivate it.  Batman is not retarded he knows he won't beat Thor, that is why he got soo many allies, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and a lot of others to back him up when things goes ugly. You guys really don't know how Batman works and why his the best, he is a genius and that's enough, he also beat Hulk before -.- Spiderman's weakness? His girlfriend, Invincible woman? Get water all over her or mud or anything, as long as Batman know where she is there is no way she can beat Batman. Thing is soo weak, I can't believe you actually compare thing to Batman, his not over glorified, he IS the BEST.  And by the way Batman is not for punching thugs, Batman beat The Joker, Bane (which would beat up thing), Killer Croc (which would also beat up thing), Poison Ivy (Spiderman, Ironman, Thing and the list goes on which couldn't resist her poisonous kiss), Scarecrow (this is a good one, Batman's only fear is bat, and he overcomes it by being a Bat himself, he have no fear. All the other heroes have fear, yes ALL, they might go insane for ever). You just never understand how good Batman is, his villains are not the ones that got super strenght who can be beaten in a fight, not those boring villains that'll lose as long as you can fight like Superman's one.   Batman is THE ONE "
    Sorry but Iron Man can also find Batman's weaknesses faster.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    "  So my question is, do you think that, given Batman's skills, there are any Marvel characters that could over throw the Dark Knight?"
    none at street level, 2 or three might stalemate him. But there are plenty of super-powered ones that could take him. "
    This. Thread over.
    isotope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By isotope

i just love the thought that Bane would stand even a slim chance again Thing. that fight would be over SO fast. and the scarecrow thing is moot because almost all marvel characters have over come their fears, or at least faced them. 

also, ironman doesn't wear the suit, he IS the suit. and even if bruce could control it (very unlikely due to starks technopathy), Stark has a healing factor and was trained in H2H by captain america, i'd bet he could hold his own for a while. 

and i LOVE the notion that invisible womans weakness is to cover her in mud. that made me darn near pass out from laughing. she could just make the mud invisible too, or trap bruce in a force field, or make his head explode (my personal favorite).

all-in-all, the only street levelers i can think of that could best him would be  spidey (dependant on prep and location) or taskmaster. taskmaster's photographic reflexes would work wonders here. it's like fighting 10 people at once, and three of them are ninjas. lol

The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By The Gray Fox

Lord Mar-Vell and The Revengers
    Lord Mar-Vell and The Revengers
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @Alpha1029 said:

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  You guys just don't get it don't you? You guys don't even know who Batman is and start making a stupid list of heroes that you think can beat Batman? LOL, you don't know anything about Batman. "

Yes I do, Batman is on my monthly pull-list.

@Alpha1029 said:

" Batman is one of the most intelligent heroes in the DC universe, actually the most, not one of the most he is the top mastermind. "

He is indeed one of the most intelligent, but I'm pretty sure if we're talking overall IQ, not the most intelligent. However wits and battle-strategy he is a master in.

@Alpha1029 said:

"You actually think Iron Man can defeat Batman??? LOL, this is how Batman works in case you guys don't know, Iron Man wear a robotic machine, so as long as Iron Man don't have a machine his a pussy. Batman found the weakness, there is A LOT of possibilities of how Batman can beat Iron Man with his super genius level, create a device that controls Iron's Man suit and deactivate it. "

You sir, obviously haven't read any Iron Man comics lately. Iron Man doesn't wear the suit anymore, it is a part of him. The new Bleeding Edge suit is inside of his body and controlled telepathically by Stark himself. You also must remember, that technology-wise, few are equal to Tony Stark's genius.

@Alpha1029 said:

"Batman is not retarded he knows he won't beat Thor, that is why he got soo many allies, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and a lot of others to back him up when things goes ugly. "

I'll grant you that he could indeed defeat Thor with the aid of Superman, Green Lantern, etc. But I do believe the topic is on how Batman would beat a single character on his own? Because if you take Batman's alliances as an argument. You should also grant Thor his allies. So this would become Avengers versus the JLA or something, which isn't the topic.

@Alpha1029 said:

"he also beat Hulk before -.-  "

As I stated before: that comic's writing was absurd. There 's no way in hell that Batman could punch the Hulk, who won't go down after several hits of Thor's mjolnir, hard enough to make him gasp for air etc. But OK: you can have this one, seeing as it has been shown in comics ( though by that reasoning, Batman has also been proven to have wet his pants ).

@Alpha1029 said:

"Spiderman's weakness? His girlfriend "

Actually, Spider-Man and MJ ( since I think you're referring to her ) aren't together anymore right now. Besides, I highly doubt that Batman would threaten a man's girlfriend to win. But if he would, than he'd probably be able to make Spider-Man do as he wishes.

@Alpha1029 said:

"Invincible woman? Get water all over her or mud or anything, as long as Batman know where she is there is no way she can beat Batman. "

Agreed. Batman would be able to take on Invisible Woman. Batman is smart enough and skilled enough to get passed her invisibility and probably could deal with her shields etc. too.

@Alpha1029 said:

"Thing is soo weak, I can't believe you actually compare thing to Batman, his not over glorified, he IS the BEST.  "

Thing isn't exactly what I'd call weak. Thing actually has gone toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk etc. before. But I guess Batman would be able to trap him or something like that.

@Alpha1029 said:

"And by the way Batman is not for punching thugs, Batman beat The Joker, Bane (which would beat up thing), Killer Croc (which would also beat up thing), Poison Ivy (Spiderman, Ironman, Thing and the list goes on which couldn't resist her poisonous kiss), Scarecrow (this is a good one, Batman's only fear is bat, and he overcomes it by being a Bat himself, he have no fear. All the other heroes have fear, yes ALL, they might go insane for ever). You just never understand how good Batman is, his villains are not the ones that got super strenght who can be beaten in a fight, not those boring villains that'll lose as long as you can fight like Superman's one.   Batman is THE ONE "

I'm not sure who'd win in a fight between Thing versus Croc /  Bane. You can't possibly know who'd be able to resist Poison Ivy's kiss. Iron Man arguably now has a brain that functions more as a computer, so perhaps this also means that he has a different or even no reaction to her pheromones and kiss. And it is true about Batman's lack of fear, but there are also quite a few Marvel 's out there who have enough will-power and self-control to break lose of the Scarecrow's fear gas. 

Anyway: I agree that Batman could easily beat the street-level heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe. However once you enter the leagues of Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc. I believe that Batman would have more than his hands full and could even be beaten. A lot would depend on under what circumstances the fight would take place.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batman_is_god
    @Nobody said:
    "Most of them could. "
    -chapel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By -chapel-

I think most of the X-men could beat him, like Cyclops or Wolvie. Daredevil and Bats would have a pretty good fight. Iron Fist  would destroy Bats.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Most of the x-men for sure. I'm sure Jean Grey would pulverize him

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @-chapel- said:

" I think most of the X-men could beat him, like Cyclops or Wolvie. Daredevil and Bats would have a pretty good fight. Iron Fist  would destroy Bats. " 

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

" Most of the x-men for sure. I'm sure Jean Grey would pulverize him "

I disagree. I think Batman can defeat quite a lot of the X-Men.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @ShirEPanjshir: Like which ones?
    Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Full_Spectrum
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:  cyclops would go down in a good fight. x-23 would probably go down too. i don't really follow x-men, but those two are off the top of my head.
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: I can see Batman beating Beast, Iceman, possibly Cyclops. Don't know about Wolverine, they're both very skilled martial artists. Batman has the benefit that he doesn't have to hold back, since he can't kill the guy, so we might see a more savage Batman in this. But when Wolverine goes feral he's near unstoppable, and I don't know if Batman could hold his own. Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm would certainly beat Batman. Angel, depends on his form, I think Batman 'd be no match for the Arcangel persona. Jubilee, Gambit and several others could be defeated by Batman. 

But a lot would depend on the situation. For example: if Cyclops 'd get a clear shot on Batman, he'd surely take out Batman with one shot. But Batman is known to be able to stay in the shadows and remain unseen. Which means that he could take out Cyclops before Cyclops sees him.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @ShirEPanjshir: Lol to be honest i have to agree with that. Though now that Jubilee is a vampire she might be a bit more of a challenge for him.
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Loki9876
    @ShirEPanjshir: He can't win against iceman now he is omega level
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @Loki9876:  He is? I wasn't aware. To be honest I'm not a 100% up-to-date with all things X-Men. I am reading the current X-Men main title, but other than that ..

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: True. Though they ( unless I'm not entirely caught up yet ) haven't shown Jubilee's current potential as a mutant vampire yet. So we can't know 'till we see some action.
    robokungfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By robokungfu

Omega level schmega level.  Batman once took apart the core of the Justice League.  With maybe a little preparation for some heavy hitters Batman is about the toughest there is to beat.  I think psychics like Jean Grey or Professor X would be a serious issue, though.  But don't forget Batman isn't afraid to use more clandestine methods for victory.  A few of the regenerative characters like Wolverine or Deadpool may be tough at first but Bats would persevere.  Since Batman usually doesn't have to maim his foes to win.  If for instance Batman went head to head with Deadpool, a second-rate Deathstroke, it would take less effort to subdue the Merc with a Mouth than the superior original.  

-chapel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By -chapel-

Magneto would own Batman.... 
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @ShirEPanjshir: True that lol
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @reaper2923 said:
    " Well off the top of my head, Hulk, Sentry, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thing, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Invisible Woman, the list can go on and on. Batman is just really over glorified "
    not over glorified he is a badass, in both looks and strengths.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34  Edited By The_Martian
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @Nobody said:
    "Most of them could. "
    "
    This is based upon Batman as he is standard. The original post does not state what knowledge he is granted about the characters or if he has time to prepare or even what resources he would have if he could prepare. Preparation could very which characters  he could and couldn't beat, but at his standard equipment, Batman would lose to most after he gets past street levelers.
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Loki9876
    @Nobody: this is very true you most know the conditions of the battle.
    alpha43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By alpha43

guys lets put away the pride of our superheros and lets be real bat is go hero but like every superhero has itz weakness personally i think captain america can beat batman on a street level fight i mean read the jla/avengrs comic if captain america didnt agree 2 come with him then he would beat batman even in the comic batman said itz very possible you could beat me avenger and when it comes 2 being a genius lol marvel has tony stark, mr.fantastic and so goes tha list so stop trying 2 make batman look a god cuz he is not sadly he is just a human being

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Characters who could beat Batman:
    Spider-Man
    Daredevil
    Taskmaster 
    Wolverine
    Spider-Woman 
    Shadowcat
    ...to name a few of Marvel's less powerful.  Now for the powerhouses:
    Iron Man--yes, thats right, Iron Man creams Batman
    Thor 
    Hulk
    Skaar
    Hercules 
    War Machine
    The Ghost Riders
    Hope Summers

To his credit, there are a few significant characters i think batman can beat:
    Deadpool
    Punisher
    Moon Knight
    Captain America

Garfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Garfield

No Caption Provided
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sydpart2

http://seekersofthebat.com/wp-content/uploads/BatmanWins.jpg

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By PowerHerc

Captain America is the man for the job, and he'd get the job done.
    novakidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By novakidx

good point,but now I just wanna see batman jump down on cyclops.crack his lens with a punch and get a blast strait to his face and watch his head melt away
    lol

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Alpha1029 said:

"And by the way Batman is not for punching thugs, Batman beat The Joker, Bane (which would beat up thing), Killer Croc (which would also beat up thing), Poison Ivy (Spiderman, Ironman, Thing and the list goes on which couldn't resist her poisonous kiss), Scarecrow (this is a good one, Batman's only fear is bat, and he overcomes it by being a Bat himself, he have no fear. All the other heroes have fear, yes ALL, they might go insane for ever). You just never understand how good Batman is, his villains are not the ones that got super strenght who can be beaten in a fight, not those boring villains that'll lose as long as you can fight like Superman's one.   Batman is THE ONE "

1. Umm, how? Bane can lift MAYBE 5 tons, Thing can lift 100. Thing can fight pretty well and if his fighting isn't enough, he has durability on his side. Same for Croc.
    2. Neo is "The One"
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceIMC

I could see a situation where Batman takes on the Fantastic Four and takes out the boys but then gets taken down by Sue and her invisible force fields.
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By VampireSelektor

Two words: Iron Fist.
    Nessima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nessima

Batman has the ability to pull plot devices out of his ass remember? he will come up with some weird technology just in case lol

Foolkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Foolkiller
    @Nessima said:
    " Batman has the ability to pull plot devices out of his ass remember? he will come up with some weird technology just in case lol "
    lol.

this thread is over. we have a lot of batman fanboys on here who are not thinking logically at all. batman fanboys are some of the worst fanboys out there. it is true that batman is over glorified. many many people from marvel could beat batman: a lot of x-men, a lot of avengers, a lot of people who aren't on a team.
    Foolkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Foolkiller

batman should be called PIS-man

Terrareus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Terrareus

Moon Knight

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By not2baad

I think Batman would beat most of them. Batman think a week ahead compared to most of them thinking a day ahead.

Avatar image for forgottenzeroes
    ForgottenZeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ForgottenZeroes

I never really understood the hero vs hero debates?  Wouldnt there always be the Buster Douglas scenario anyway? 

As for the question though, when there are company crossovers, Batman is usually pitted against the non powered or lesser powered characters.  I think in the Amalgam series Batman came up against Bullseye and caught something he threw out of the air.  Correct me if I am wrong, but not even Daredevil can do that..  Therefore I think on the somewhat mutual understanding of the two companies Batman is considered best of the mortals (keep in mind most writers will for both companies at some point.)  When the question comes to stronger characters I think that Bat fans look at what Batman did in TDKR, but I think Miller was trying to make an analogy with this was he not, not that Batman can actually beat Superman but rather that there are incorruptible things and they always win? 

I liked the treatment of Batman vs Superman in the Hush storyline.  Batman was severely outmatched and knew it, and without Catwoman probably wouldnt have made it out alive.  Maybe with planning Batman could take down someone like Iron Man, but Stark isnt a dummy either.  I think Batman could take down anyone up to Captain America and Spider-Man, but it wouldnt be an easy fight on either.  Maybe even Wolverine, but he would have to end it quickly.   

There was an article in Wizard about JLA vs Avengers sometime in the mid 90s, and basically it came down to Batman being one of the last ones standing, but this meant all the heavies were taken out by one another (the JLA won in the end btw)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.