What are the best Lady Shiva stories?

#1 Posted by Replicant0658 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys! I've always heard Lady Shiva was the best martial artist of the DCU second only to Batman, and have lately been pretty interested to read some of her best stories. Do you guys have any you'd recommend?

#2 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys! I've always heard Lady Shiva was the best martial artist of the DCU second only to Batman, and have lately been pretty interested to read some of her best stories. Do you guys have any you'd recommend?

As a pure martial artist I'd say she's actually better than the bat himself. As for good stories featuring her;

Dennis O Neil's The Question

Robin: A Hero Reborn

Brotherhood of the Fist

I'd also recommend the Batgirl(Cass Cain) series. She showed up frequently in that.

Hope that helps.

#3 Edited by Replicant0658 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeonardoTMNT: Awesome! Thanks for the recommends, I'm excited to start reading!!

#4 Edited by LeonardoTMNT (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@replicant0658 said:

@LeonardoTMNT: Awesome! Thanks for the recommends, I'm excited to start reading!!

No problem

@replicant0658 said:

No problem. She also had a couple nice appearances in the Pre-52 Birds of Prey. Can't remember the name of the arc at the top of my head. She also helped train Bruce(Batman) in KnightsEnd

#5 Posted by jb681131 (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

@replicant0658 said:

As a pure martial artist I'd say she's actually better than the bat himself. As for good stories featuring her;

Dennis O Neil's The Question

Robin: A Hero Reborn

Brotherhood of the Fist

I'd also recommend the Batgirl(Cass Cain) series. She showed up frequently in that.

Hope that helps.

Nice list.

She also appears in KnightsEnd, the third part of the Knightfall Saga.

#6 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (5904 posts) - - Show Bio

To add to what other posters have already mentioned, you also have the Chuck Dixon Richard Dragon series, also some of her older appearences on Detective Comics, and her feud with Katana.

But really, you should take a look to Detective Comics #950 and keep from there until the current story-arc ends, because i can smell i very good Lady Shiva story in the air.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.