Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Top 5 Villains I want to see in Batman: The Telltale Series

• 58 results
    shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Edited By shroudofsorrow

So, Season 2 of Batman: The Telltale Series has been announced, and even better, it's coming sooner than I had thought it would! Now, I am an unapologetic fan of the first season. I actually think it's right up there with the Arkhamverse and Nolanverse as one of the best non-comic Batman depictions ever. That in mind, what villains would I most want to see show up, either in Season 2 or in any possible subsequent seasons? Well, here are my choices. Please note that these choices were made through a combination of who I'd really want to see, and also who I think has a legitimately good chance of appearing (as opposed to say, Deathstroke, who I regard as being unlikely to appear):

Number 5: Mr. Freeze

No Caption Provided

One of the many things that Telltale's take on Batman's world did right was in giving us tragic villains; not only was Two-Face the same tragic villain he usually is, but Penguin and Lady Arkham are also not without their own tragic backstories that make their descents into evil more understandable. Well, few Batman villains are as tragic as Mr. Freeze, so he'd be a natural fit for a Batman setting that seems to favor sympathetic and nuanced villains. Not only that, but his ice-gun and his power-set could lead to some cool quick-time events. And given all of the hyper-advanced tech in Season 1, it doesn't strike me as unbelievable to think that they could do Mr. Freeze's cryogenic weaponry easily enough. The trick would be to keep his tragic nature intact without necessarily just rehashing his DCAU origin again without any big differences (remember that though his origins are similar to his comic counterpart's, Telltale Two-Face still had a few things about him unique to that version). Arkham Origin's DLC gave Freeze an origin near-identical to the DCAU and comic versions, but there were still a few subtle differences to make it stand out. Hopefully, if Telltale does Mr. Freeze they can follow that example and do a Freeze who is on the whole the same tragic villain he always is, but with just enough that's different to make him stand out.

Number 4: Deadshot

No Caption Provided

While they could easily bring Deadshot in in his usual "someone's paying me to kill you/someone important" capacity, I feel like Telltale has an opportunity to do more with Deadshot; as much as I've enjoyed the majority of his cartoon and video game depictions (the DCAU and Arkhamverse versions especially), the character actually has a very tragic backstory in the comics that to my knowledge no adaptation has ever really touched on (not even other sympathetic portrayals of the character such as the Arkhamverse, Arrowverse, and DCEU versions). It would be nice to see a version of Deadshot that makes reference to how the accidental death of his brother and his abusive upbringing both drove him to the life of a nihilistic assassin. Telltale made Penguin into much more of a tragic villain then he usually is, and they did right by the tragedy of Two-Face. If anyone can do an adaptation of Deadshot that doesn't forget the tragedy of this hitman, I think it's Telltale.

And yes, I'd love to see some quick-time events featuring Batman dodging Deadshot's gunfire before getting in close for some gun-fu/martial arts combat.

Number 3: Bane

No Caption Provided

No surprises here. As one of Batman's most popular and challenging enemies, Bane is a natural choice for a villain in pretty much any Batman work, and I'd love to see Telltale try their hand. Once again, Bane already being a tragic villain would play to the Telltale Series' clear preference for sympathetic supervillains, and given that they did a beautiful job choreographing the fights between Batman and Lady Arkham, I'd really love to see them give us a similar visual display in a brutal Batman Vs. Bane throw down.

And yes, I wouldn't mind seeing Telltale do a loose adaptation of the Batman: Knightfall story either, where the player maybe has the opportunity to avoid the infamous back-breaking moment if they play their cards right.

Number 2: Scarecrow

No Caption Provided

For all this talk of action and quick-time events, Telltale games are usually much more story and choice-driven than being obsessed with action and set-pieces. So a more cerebral foe that challenges Batman's mind rather than his muscle might be a better choice, or at least as good of one. Well, as we saw in Arkham Asylum in 2009, video games have a lot of potential to go off-kilter with Scarecrow and use his Fear Gas for some truly nightmare-inducing sequences. I'd love to see Telltale try that, and see how they can both evoke those scenes from the 2009 classic, but also do them differently. Now, because the Arkham games did Scarecrow so well, it would be a task to make their version measure up, but I feel like Telltale is up to the challenge. And really, Scarecrow is one of my all-time favorite Batman villains, so I'd love to see him get his due.

Number 1: The Court of Owls

No Caption Provided

One of the things about Batman: The Telltale Series' story is that it gave us a sort of "Gotham Conspiracy"; the idea that the Waynes were in fact corrupt, and that Lady Arkham is the legacy of the wronged Arkham family and is out for blood regarding the sins of the past perpetrated by the Waynes, the Mayor, and Falcone. The thing is, the Court of Owls are the ultimate Gotham conspiracy, and so a perfect fit for a series that has already shown they can do well with that kind of story. And really, Thomas Wayne, Hill, and Falcone as their own little trio running Gotham City as their own private kingdom has shades of the Court of Owls and what they've always done in the comics, so it wouldn't be too hard to suggest that those three were themselves part of an even bigger conspiracy.

The Court of Owls would be perfect as arc villains; they've got the resources, they've got the secrecy, they've got the Talons for quick-time fight events, they've got everything the writers would need to have compelling villains for a whole season of Batman: The Telltale Series. And besides that, given that so far the only adaptations of the Court have been their sub-par depictions in both Gotham and Batman Vs. Robin, they could really do to have a non-comic version that does them right. And if anyone can do it, I think it's Telltale Games.

And those are my choices. I hope you agree with them and my given reasons for them.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@black_arrow: I know. Hence why he's not on this list. This is my wishlist for villains not yet confirmed. Had Riddler not yet been confirmed, he'd have been #1 on my list instead of the Court.

Anyone else here a fan of the Telltale Series? Because I think it's awesome.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Eto

Cool list

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Thank you, I do my best. :)

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By OrangeBat

I gotta admit, I'm not a fan of Telltale "games" though I enjoyed some of the story, except for the whole Lady Arkham business.

Personally, I was kinda hoping for Poison Ivy or Hugo Strange. The former because you could really play up the "tragic crusader for the environment" angle with her and the latter because when written well, Hugo Strange can mind-f**k Batman better than anyone else in his rogues' gallery. And with all of the revelations of Season One, he could really break Bruce morally.

I personally am not a fan of what I've seen of the Riddler. It looks like yet another attempt to "badass"-ify him, which never ends well. If anything, among Batman's rogues, Nygma is the one who should stay as the slightly comedic loser with a genius mind and a heavily exaggerated sense of self-belief.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta admit, I'm not a fan of Telltale "games" though I enjoyed some of the story, except for the whole Lady Arkham business.

Personally, I was kinda hoping for Poison Ivy or Hugo Strange. The former because you could really play up the "tragic crusader for the environment" angle with her and the latter because when written well, Hugo Strange can mind-f**k Batman better than anyone else in his rogues' gallery. And with all of the revelations of Season One, he could really break Bruce psychologically.

I could not disagree more with the underlined. Lady Arkham was an excellent villain, the best depiction of that character by a lightyear, and a far more compelling villain to me than Poison Ivy has ever been. Honestly, I regard Lady Arkham as one of the finest female villains I've ever seen. I know that may seem like high praise, but it's my honest opinion. I'd take her over a deranged and overly extreme and sadistic eco-terrorist any day unless it's my MU's Ultron.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Specifically, I'd say Lady Arkham is my 7th favorite female villain of all time. Yup. 7th.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

@orangebat said:

Personally, I was kinda hoping for Poison Ivy or Hugo Strange. The former because you could really play up the "tragic crusader for the environment" angle with her and the latter because when written well, Hugo Strange can mind-f**k Batman better than anyone else in his rogues' gallery. And with all of the revelations of Season One, he could really break Bruce psychologically.

I could not disagree more with the underlined. Lady Arkham was an excellent villain, the best depiction of that character by a lightyear, and a far more compelling villain to me than Poison Ivy has ever been. Honestly, I regard Lady Arkham as one of the finest female villains I've ever seen. I know that may seem like high praise, but it's my honest opinion. I'd take her over a deranged and overly extreme and sadistic eco-terrorist any day unless it's my MU's Ultron.

That's the thing, though, Poison Ivy is not sadistic. That label actually fits Lady Arkham to a tee, because even in her backstory she gives off heavy "generic psycho" vibes and a lot of her actions seem extreme just for the hell of it.

Poison Ivy, on the other hand, has a lot of potential with the eco-terrorist angle mainly because of how little her particular brand of eco-terrorism is explored. Ultron wants to kill everyone - Ivy just wants humanity to leave nature the hell alone. There's definitely something there.

You're welcome to like Lady Arkham, but I really wasn't all that invested in "angry mistake from Bruce's past comes back to haunt him". That's the one Batman story that's truly been done to death and I didn't really appreciate how they made Bruce a moron so frequently when it came to the Children of Arkham.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Riddler has already been confirmed for S2 I believe. Would love Bane but it should be down the road and with him as the main villain not playing second string to anyone else. Freeze and Lawton could work though, cant say I care about the Court, never did but for once I'm actually open to them. They could work in this format.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eto
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am Suicide and I am Bane have a great premise. Under someone else an adaptation could be terrific.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the the things I didn't like about season one was how penguin ended up.May be then can bring him back?

Also am I the only one who would like to see Deathstroke?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

@orangebat said:

That's the thing, though, Poison Ivy is not sadistic. That label actually fits Lady Arkham to a tee, because even in her backstory she gives off heavy "generic psycho" vibes and a lot of her actions seem extreme just for the hell of it.

Poison Ivy, on the other hand, has a lot of potential with the eco-terrorist angle mainly because of how little her particular brand of eco-terrorism is explored. Ultron wants to kill everyone - Ivy just wants humanity to leave nature the hell alone. There's definitely something there.

False statements. Poison Ivy is extremely sadistic. She revels in taunting Batman and other enemies, she loves tormenting humans and making men her mindless slaves, and just revels in her eco-terrorism in general, always clearly enjoying getting to punish destroyers of plants. What do you mean she's "not sadistic"? That's completely wrong. Have you ever seen any cartoon she's ever been in? Or her in Injustice 2 for that matter?

You also didn't pay attention when I said my MU's Ultron, who does want to kill humanity, but for the sake of Earth as a whole...which is exactly Poison Ivy's goal. You seem to forget that she has throughout her career and across multiple adaptations proactively attacked destroyers of plant life (no matter how small scale or justified) with lethal, murderous intent, and again, revels in it and taunts the heroes all the way. She doesn't "just want humanity to leave nature alone". That's text-book whitewashing. If that were true, Ivy would not go out of her way to sadistically and disproportionately punish any and all destroyers of plant life. She does not just want humanity to respect nature; she wants to punish humanity. All of humanity. How is that more sympathetic than MCU Ultron? He also believed humans were evil, and thought that it would be to the benefit of Earth as a whole to kill off all humans. Far as I can tell, he and Poison Ivy are just as bad, but one gets whitewashed and leather-pantsed and the other doesn't. In fact, that's always been my least favorite thing about Ivy; the undeserved sympathy she gets.

Lady Arkham is sadistic and brutal yes, but her backstory is to me far more sympathetic, and so are her goals; she desires revenge against those she feels have wronged her and others like her and wants Bruce to experience the kind of horrors that he technically owes his family fortune to, which to me is something I'm more invested in than "You stepped on flowers, I'LL KILL YOU!"

And as for her being "a mistake from Bruce's past" that is not entirely accurate; she's a living manifestation of his parent's sins, and that story has not been "done to death". She is someone who was wronged by the Wayne family as a whole out for blood, something that no major Batman story has really done to my knowledge, and certainly not with the frequency you are suggesting.

And finally, I disagree that they made Bruce a moron. He's just not infallible, which isn't something he should be. Remember also that this a Batman who's only a few years into his career. I don't think it unbelievable that he could make mistakes or get outsmarted at this point in time.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gazool said:

One of the the things I didn't like about season one was how penguin ended up.May be then can bring him back?

Also am I the only one who would like to see Deathstroke?

I'd love to see DS too, but he didn't make the list because I thought it unlikely that they'd do him, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Riddler has already been confirmed for S2 I believe. Would love Bane but it should be down the road and with him as the main villain not playing second string to anyone else. Freeze and Lawton could work though, cant say I care about the Court, never did but for once I'm actually open to them. They could work in this format.

I know that Riddler's been confirmed (as I've already said). I personally love the Court of Owls as a villain concept; they were something different but still feeling like a logical fit for Gotham City and Batman's world, plus allowing mainstream DC to get it's own Owlman/Thomas Wayne Jr. Yes, their Gotham and Batman Vs. Robin iterations were poor, but all the more reason for Telltale to do a better take on them.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: If anyone is going to pull of a better fight than the Arkham origins one, it's going to be telltale.

Sigh, but we can only hope.

Also, since we are going to play as Bruce for a significant amount of time, how about his training with Ra's as a nod to his past?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gazool: I hate to say it, but the LoA also seem unlikely to me, at least for a Season 2 appearance. Though, I could see them being the main villains in a subsequent season (Season 3 perhaps?)

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: At least they could introduce them like they did with joker in episode 4.

Also, a brawl with bane or a tactical takedown with freeze sounds equally exciting to me.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gazool: Indeed. Like I said, Bane and Freeze would be good fits for Telltale, both as tragic villains, and for fun QTEs.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gazool

@shroudofsorrow: Actually ,they can tease LoA via a dialogue between Batman and Bane.

That would certainly set up a whole new season.

Like ,in the final showdown, after his defeat if Bane goes something like" I'm not the only one Batman.There is something very big coming.Something That will cripple you and bring you to your knees.That moment you will realize you are truly BROKEN."it'd be pretty cool.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Arrow

The thing with the villains of the first season is that they were all connected to Wayne, so you had a reason to engage them both as Batman and as Bruce which was one of the main things from the game (Heck they even revealed Bruce's identity to Selina and they made a connection between Bruce Wayne and the Joker for this same reason). Now with Riddler they seem to be having a departure from that or maybe they chose the Snyder origin for Riddler. So that's what you have to consider is that, they have to modify the villains so they all have a relationship with Wayne. On this regards Snyder's Gotham fits perfectly for this games, considering that everything is related to Bruce one way or another. With that in mind, It seems that the Court of Owls would be perfect on this setting, you can have Bruce befriending Lincoln March and being invited to the Court by the rich people you meet on S1, while Batman investigates the Court. While I dislike the Court in the comics, I actually think that the guys of Telltale could do a great job with it.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Snyder's Gotham? Do you mean that Snyder is involved in the show Gotham? Or that Riddler is in the DCCU? I'm a bit confused by what you said.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By TenEyedMen
    Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Snyder's Gotham? Do you mean that Snyder is involved in the show Gotham? Or that Riddler is in the DCCU? I'm a bit confused by what you said.

I meant Scott Snyder (the comic book writer) not Zack. I meant that the Telltale games should take inspiration by the version of Gotham he created in the comics (basically the New 52 version of Gotham), since every villain in that Gotham is connected to Bruce Wayne. Since the games want you to balance your life as Bruce Wayne and as Batman, having villains related to both really helps the narrative and It gives you optionions to tackle things as Batman or Bruce.

@black_arrow: Actually, as revealed in this video (around 3:34), Riddler in Telltale is connected to Bruce's parents.

Then they are doing things as expected. (I don't want to watch the video to avoid spoilers)

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope they don't end up focusing on the Joker. He's gotten enough exposure in movies and the Arkham games, not to mention he's one DC's most overrated villains.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope they don't end up focusing on the Joker. He's gotten enough exposure in movies and the Arkham games, not to mention he's one DC's most overrated villains.

I completely disagree; I think Joker is rated just fine. He's my favorite DC villain, having some of the best lines, the best schemes, and an interesting relationship with Batman. I don't always like the pure evil psychopaths, but Joker is one of the best examples of such a character (if not thebest).

Also, like it or not, he is Batman's arch-enemy, so to underuse him would not make any sense. I think Telltale has been pretty restrained concerning Joker so far, and I don't think it would be wrong of them to use him more heavily in Season 2. And even then, he'll be sharing screen-time with Riddler, (and Waller and possibly Catwoman, if you count them as villains). I think Joker's being handled and used just fine, personally.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conradoaccorsi said:

Nice list, although I disliked the first season of Telltale Batman. Sure, it had some great moments but it had some really awful moments. Lady Arkham was the worst character in the run with some forced backstory, the main villain could've been Scarecrow instead. You had the fear toxin there, you had the Arkham Asylum connection but I recognize that the timing wasn't that good (just had Scarecrow as the main villain in Arkham Knight at the time). Penguin, on the other hand, was great and so was Catwoman.

I would love to see Mr. Freeze, Bane and Deadshot, but Court of Owls is just an uninspired concept created by Snyder that just resembles much more interesting concepts from the Batman Universe. It's a mix of Black Glove from Morrison's run with the Order of St. Dumas with an owl-themed atmosphere. (They even got their Jean Paul Valley, Calvin Rose). So, no, I would rather have better Batman villains than this already over used concept of owl conspirators.

Disagree with all underlined. Lady Arkham was a fantastic villain and by far the best take on that character ever (badass tragic villain beats a shameless Lois Lane clone any day in my book). Cool design, cool fighter, I could actually understand where she was coming from in her villainy, the VAs did a good job, etc. I think Lady Arkham is an awesome villain. Much better than the guy who flies a kite or the one who shoots ketchup and mustard out of guns. Or, honestly, the idiot with a tally marked torso -_-

As for the Court of Owls, I disagree with your assessment. Their status as a Gotham secret society is not identical to either the Order of St. Dumas OR Black Glove. And honestly, I think they're much more well-fleshed out and well-thought out than either, and I thoroughly enjoyed Snyder's Court of Owls story. The concept of "owl conspirators" was not used at all before Snyder thought it up either, making the claim that they're "overused" ridiculous.

So, as of now, I've seen people lowball Lady Arkham, the Court of Owls, and Joker here. Geez. What's next? Someone to dump on Bane and Deathstroke too?

Hooray! One fan who doesn't complain about Lady Arkham!

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:

I completely disagree; I think Joker is rated just fine. He's my favorite DC villain, having some of the best lines, the best schemes, and an interesting relationship with Batman. I don't always like the pure evil psychopaths, but Joker is one of the best examples of such a character (if not thebest).

Also, like it or not, he is Batman's arch-enemy, so to underuse him would not make any sense. I think Telltale has been pretty restrained concerning Joker so far, and I don't think it would be wrong of them to use him more heavily in Season 2. And even then, he'll be sharing screen-time with Riddler, (and Waller and possibly Catwoman, if you count them as villains). I think Joker's being handled and used just fine, personally.

It's just my opinion. I don't like psychopath villains with little substance besides wanting to kill people out of their insanity. I favor villains who have defined reasons to hate the protagonist, and can match them intellectually. Bane is one of my favorite foes: he's actually intelligent and truly Batman's equal in all areas. Joker is just... crazy. There's not much to his character other than that.

I hope he's not in this game as much to give other villains the spotlight. Based off what I saw with the first Telltale game, they did pretty well with not over saturating him. Hopefully they do the same here.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: agreed. Joker is cool, but he's in everything. Enough is enough.

Joker isn't the only Batman villain.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: i agree that joker is in everything, and he doesn't need to be in the game. Joker is my favorite villain though (rivaled only by DOOM and vader for me), and I just want to point out that only recently has joker started hating batman, and that led to Endgame. Traditionally, Joker aboslutely loves batman, at least in whatever way he is capable. Just like guys like Ra's and Bane are awesome because their equals and very similar in terms of skill set to Batman, Joker is awesome because he's he opposite. The man of absolute control, discipline, will, versus the embodiment of chaos and randomness. Bruce uses logic and reasoning to figure out his foes, but you can't do that with Joker.

Oh and just my two scents about I am Bane. The ending of it was ridiculous ( a head butt, really, that's all? whatever). But the lead up was fantastic. Bane hasn't been that imposing and that much of a threat in a very long time. Every line he said was bad ass. I AM NOT A JOKE! and the reverse Knightfall aspect of it was great too.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And on topic, for the villains, I agree, do not use Joker, he is a bit overexposed. I would have loved to see Bane and Ra's as the main villains. But if there's going to be multiple villains in the game, don't use Ra's, he doesnt play well with others and Bane better be the head hancho, not just brute muscle. Riddler is also a great great choice for a telltale game, think of all the riddles/puzzles that could be incorporated into gameplay. Actually as I was writing this, I think for the Telltale games, riddler fits their mode perfectly, and he'd be my number one choice (combining gameplay and story).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@scott_summers52: agreed. Joker is cool, but he's in everything. Enough is enough.

Joker isn't the only Batman villain.

Yeah. You can make a Batman game/movie/tv show without using the Joker. I'm not saying that Joker is the worst villain ever or anything, but I think that avoiding using him can lead to some really good results.

@scott_summers52: i agree that joker is in everything, and he doesn't need to be in the game. Joker is my favorite villain though (rivaled only by DOOM and vader for me), and I just want to point out that only recently has joker started hating batman, and that led to Endgame. Traditionally, Joker aboslutely loves batman, at least in whatever way he is capable. Just like guys like Ra's and Bane are awesome because their equals and very similar in terms of skill set to Batman, Joker is awesome because he's he opposite. The man of absolute control, discipline, will, versus the embodiment of chaos and randomness. Bruce uses logic and reasoning to figure out his foes, but you can't do that with Joker.

Oh and just my two scents about I am Bane. The ending of it was ridiculous ( a head butt, really, that's all? whatever). But the lead up was fantastic. Bane hasn't been that imposing and that much of a threat in a very long time. Every line he said was bad ass. I AM NOT A JOKE! and the reverse Knightfall aspect of it was great too.

I am Bane had good build-up, but a sloppy ending. I doubt Batman could take Bane down that easily. The same goes for how Catwoman broke his back in the I am Suicide arc (I mean, really??).

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: Yeah I completely agree about the ending. It's a constant thing with King imo. Not always the ending, but he has kick ass ideas, actually unique introspective takes on Bruce, he lays out his story. Then he goes back and realizes he only has like 5 issues for a 6-7 issue story, or has to stretch a shorter story into a longer one. Basically I'm saying his writing and ideas are great, his pacing is not so great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: Yeah I completely agree about the ending. It's a constant thing with King imo. Not always the ending, but he has kick ass ideas, actually unique introspective takes on Bruce, he lays out his story. Then he goes back and realizes he only has like 5 issues for a 6-7 issue story, or has to stretch a shorter story into a longer one. Basically I'm saying his writing and ideas are great, his pacing is not so great.

I love a lot of King's work. Vision was amazing, and Mr. Miracle looks like it's going to be really good. It's strange that some of his Batman work has fell flat lately. Maybe it's the pressure of trying to live up to the Snyder and Morrison runs, or just a pacing problem like you said.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@scott_summers52: Normally, I would agree with you regarding what kinds of villains I prefer, but every now and then I think a pure evil psychopath works as a villain, and Joker is an example (Carnage is another). Because with Joker there issubstance to him, in the form of his warped sense of humor and the nature of his relationship with Batman. Those things, and the fact that he is much more intelligent, eloquent, and darkly entertaining than your average homicidal psychopath, makes him a better villain IMO.

And besides that, people treat Jessica Jones as the greatest thing ever made by human hands, and you can't say Kilgrave is any more sympathetic or nuanced as a villain than Joker. In fact, he's more boring to me, due to lacking Joker's wit, intelligence, or even remotely memorable dialogue or sense of fun. And yet, people love Jessica Jones anyway. Sometimes, a pure evil psycho works better for one's narrative.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: joker is awesome but really he's been over saturated lately IMO

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler is an aged criminal in this one, he operated well before Batman and was captured. Now here's where it gets interesting, he was held prisoner in Pena Duro, Santa Prisca and its implied there's much more to his plans.

Bane incoming

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By entropy_aegis

Episode 2 teaser that I screenshotted

No Caption Provided

The guy on the left is definitely Bane, the woman in the middle is Harley I think and the man on the far right is probably Hugo Strange.

For Bane:

I like his pose and realistic proportions, these seemingly a cerebral villain as opposed to a generic brute.

The downside however is that presence of Riddler and Hugo(?) could be used to establish Bane as just a muscle bound assassin. They could use Hugo and Nygma to play up Bane's intelligence too but honestly keeping in view how Bane is used in the past I wouldn't get my hopes up. I pray we get a deadly anti-Batman, a deadly foe but with Joker and Riddler the chance of this being another wasted use of Bane is damn high, fingers crossed this ends up with Arkham Origins and TKDR not Batman & Robin and Rocksteady's Arkham games.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a closer inspection I say the guy on the far right is Mr Freeze not Hugo Strange.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OrangeBat

@entropy_aegis said:

On a closer inspection I say the guy on the far right is Mr Freeze not Hugo Strange.

No, I'm pretty sure it's Hugo. If you look a bit closer, he appears to be wearing some kind of lab coat and lab gloves. Plus, Mr. Freeze would or should have a helmet or some kind of protective cover because of his condition.

Also, since in the actual episode it's revealed that Riddler was part of some international group of criminal masterminds, Hugo fits that profile far more than Mr. Freeze, who's never really been portrayed as a diabolical mastermind of any sort.

Also, I was kinda surprised when they killed off Lucius and Riddler just like that, but it makes me worried that the actual overarching story will suck and they're relying on important character deaths as a shock factor.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

No, I'm pretty sure it's Hugo. If you look a bit closer, he appears to be wearing some kind of lab coat and lab gloves. Plus, Mr. Freeze would or should have a helmet or some kind of protective cover because of his condition.

Also, since in the actual episode it's revealed that Riddler was part of some international group of criminal masterminds, Hugo fits that profile far more than Mr. Freeze, who's never really been portrayed as a diabolical mastermind of any sort.

Also, I was kinda surprised when they killed off Lucius and Riddler just like that, but it makes me worried that the actual overarching story will suck and they're relying on important character deaths as a shock factor.

So much for Riddler lol, Harley a part of international group of masterminds? choke, retch. Well I'm glad that Bane does't appear to be throwaway fodder...yet.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane ftw

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.