Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Time For More Batman 3 Rumors

• 138 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

It's been a while since we've had any crazy Batman 3 rumors.  There hasn't been any official word on the next movie.  I often get pm's asking if I know what villains are going to be in, etc.  We don't even know when it will be released, let alone go into production.

The first rumor comes courtesy of Ain't It Cool News.  There's some rumblings that Christopher Nolan will film the next Batman movie entirely in IMAX.  Filming in IMAX (actually IMAX Digital) has its limitations.  That's what makes this a rumor.  There's a bunch of technical reasons that brings this into question.  Even AICN questions the logistics of this possibility.  Basically the IMAX cameras are heavier and normal camera equipment can't hold them.  There is also a limit of two and a half minutes that can be shot with the camera.  Slash Film dug up a round table interview that Nolan did for The Dark Knight and he addresses the load times. He said that the cameras could be switched when one runs out.  Usually you don't film more than ten seconds of action sequences at one time.  It's the dialogue scenes that would be a problem.

The second rumor...well, let's just say it comes from the UK's gossip newspaper The Sun.  You might be aware of their track record.  The only reason I'm posting this bit is because it's hilarious.  They claim that a certain actress has already signed up for Catwoman.  Catwoman seems a likely character to appear in the next film.  The way they present the story is that it's already a done deal.  Not the usual '_____ actor is in talks to play ____.'  Who is the actress they claim has landed the role?  Have you guessed yet?  It's one that will make you either laugh or cringe.  Are you ready?  Megan Fox.  (Check out the mock up image they provided):

No Caption Provided
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

I love rumors!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

It's just funny how the Sun doesn't even try to hide that it's a rumor.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Seriously though Megan Fox as Catwoman would be terrible.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By glforthewin
    @Nobody: agreed. they should have bane. he could be this pro wrestler who uses a new type of steroid and it makes him super strong but he figures that out and becomes a pro criminal instead.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Nobody said:
    " Seriously though Megan Fox as Catwoman would be terrible. "
    It's so bad, that's why I avoided taking the easy way and putting her in the title.  Sure it might bring in more views/comments but I don't want to look like I support it.
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

The horror!

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AngelFrost

Your joking? 
    Tell me your joking G-Man.

Your doing this on purpose because you know we all hate her ... lmao, tell me it aint' so.

The Clock King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Clock King
    @glforthewin said:
    " @Nobody: agreed. they should have bane. he could be this pro wrestler who uses a new type of steroid and it makes him super strong but he figures that out and becomes a pro criminal instead. "
    Nice.    Nice.

I'm still holding out hope that they can do a recent Paul Dini style Penguin (cast with Phillip Seymour Hoffman). Nothing over the top like Devito (holy waa was that an amazing experience), but the arms dealer/ criminal kingpin. Also, wouldn't the Iceberg Lounge make for some fantastic shots?
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glforthewin
    @The Clock King:  yes it would. it would be like the ice palace in die another day but done right. the penguin could be a short flabby bird nosed arms dealer who only eats seafood. he could have this umbrella with a hidden sword in it (it too gimmicky for anything else)
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

I just wish they'd use villains we haven't already seen in the previous movies.  We've already seen Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, etc.  The question is, who else is a big enough villain that wouldn't look cheesey in a live-action movie?  Also, what other female villains are there for Megan Fox to play?  Lady Shiva?  Huntress?  Harley?  (I'd better stop before I start getting hate-pm's).  

ATTENTION ALL BATMAN CASTING DIRECTORS: Please ignore those suggestions!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty

BWHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!  It was the Sun who claimed that Eddie Murphy & Rachel Weiss had been cast last winter.  Don't believe a word they print, it's all a crock of... 

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole film was made to fill those lovey giant IMAX screens.  I was disappointed that it was only 'some' scenes from the last film.   

But since the script and contracts aren't even guaranteed at the moment, I'm still not sure there's even going to be a Batman 3.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondasch

Wonderfully horrible news!  But not worried, as today is comic book day.

csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By csimon

WTF really why do people even talk before there are any facts??????

Deadeyeduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deadeyeduck

After the horror of the last movie..they need to stop. 
    Just let it go.

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By burr787
    @glforthewin said:
    " @Nobody: agreed. they should have bane. he could be this pro wrestler who uses a new type of steroid and it makes him super strong but he figures that out and becomes a pro criminal instead. " 

No disrespect but if they did that, then it takes away almost all of the richness and interesting parts of his character, not to mention that's mostly Killer Croc's origin. For Bane to be done right then the movie would have to show his childhood of growing up in prison and how he grew to become as powerful and intelligent as he is. If they made him a pro wrestler than him fighting Batman is pointless (since he had nightmares of Batman in prison) and the tradgity of his upbringing is gone. But that's just me.
    @G-Man said:
    "I just wish they'd use villains we haven't already seen in the previous movies.  We've already seen Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, etc.  The question is, who else is a big enough villain that wouldn't look cheesey in a live-action movie?  Also, what other female villains are there for Megan Fox to play?  Lady Shiva?  Huntress?  Harley?  (I'd better stop before I start getting hate-pm's).    ATTENTION ALL BATMAN CASTING DIRECTORS: Please ignore those suggestions! "

I would kill for Harley. It sucks though, on one hand I don't want anyone to replace Ledger for this series of Batman movies but on the other if he is replaced Harley will almost definatly be in this( the Joker has to escape some way). 

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WonderBoy1132

Hahaha, omg i hate megan fox. Rumors are hilarious

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Green ankh

I hope both are wrong.
    LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LastSon1027

O man that belongs in the future roles of Megan Fox thread. and I would pay good money to watch Megan Fox in a leather skintight outfit, hell I'm gonna pay to go see Jennifer's Body! Seriously though they should stay away from villains that have been done, I would like to see the Black Mask or even Scarface but not another Penguin or Catwoman story. But if Megan wants to galavant around in a leather suit I still want to watch. :)

vuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vuki

When Dark Knight got out, I read that Nolan said he'd want Cher to play Catwoman. I was stunned by that. It wasn't a joke or anything...anyone know something about that ?!
    I mean, she's kinda old :S

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @Deadeyeduck said:
    "After the horror of the last movie..they need to stop. Just let it go. "

what are you talking about?!
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By glforthewin
    @burr787:  that's a good point dude. maybye he could be a convict that has 2 try out a new type of steroid (since that's pretty much his origin anyway) 
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Yes more Megan Fox please if they don't do this I am boycotting the movie.

;)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

if megan fox is cat woman they might as well give it back to shumacher for all i care cause i wont watch

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Decept-O

@G-Man:  I can partly understand why you don't want the well known Batman villains in the next movie like Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, etc. and I ALMOST agree with you but I'd like to at least have Catwoman. 

We can have this guy show up:

Klingon Batman for the win. 

Regarding this Megan Fox rumor started by the Brits---let's leave it at that, a rumor started by the Brits.  Gotta love 'em. 
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Ravn
      The thing I love about rumors is how quickly they can sprend if they're written the right way, like the Sun article is! (Do a Google News search of Megan Fox and you'll see what I mean! LOL) 

@G-Man
    said:

" I just wish they'd use villains we haven't already seen in the previous movies.  We've already seen Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, etc.  The question is, who else is a big enough villain that wouldn't look cheesey in a live-action movie?  Also, what other female villains are there for Megan Fox to play?  Lady Shiva?  Huntress?  Harley?  (I'd better stop before I start getting hate-pm's).    ATTENTION ALL BATMAN CASTING DIRECTORS: Please ignore those suggestions! "

I have absolutely no problem with Nolan putting The Riddler in the third movie IF they did him right!! Jim Carrey was the WORST casting choice for the WORST rendition of the Riddler!! At best, he did a mediocre imitation of Frank Gorshin's Riddler from the Batman series, and at hit worse, it was like watching Mark Hamill's Joker on speed!! Jim Carrey wasn't trying to be the Riddler, he was trying to be another Joker! I think if they did him right, made him the calm, calculating genius that he is in the comics, or was in the animted series, it would make for a very interesting movie! 

And as far as Megan Fox goes, she's a terrible actress, but I got used to the terrible acting from Holmes and Gyllenhaal (and Bale when he was running around AS BATMAN! That voice? Really?! LOL), so what one more? Just as long as she's in the black catsuit and goggle! LOL 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelFrost

They should bring Harley Quinn into it, played by Kristen Bell 

as a psychologist who fell in with Joker, and after hearing about his death, she turnes psycho herself and takes revenge on Batman.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for batarrowlantern
    batarrowlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By batarrowlantern
    @Nobody: At least it is better than Cher as Catwoman or Eddie Murphy as the Ridler
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ravn
    @AngelFrost said:
    " They should bring Harley Quinn into it, played by Kristen Bell 

as a psychologist who fell in with Joker, and after hearing about his death, she turnes psycho herself and takes revenge on Batman.

No Caption Provided
    "
    I like the idea of Kristin Bell as Harley.... but technically the Joker isn't dead.... right?! :)
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Being from Liverpool I naturally hate the Sun for what it said about Liverpool Fans. So screw them! I'd never buy the Sun, never have! Justice for the 96! Death to the Sun!!

Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Raia

That's funny. I doubt that since Christian didn't want to be apart of anything if Robin was added, that he'd allow Megan to be Catwoman
    Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raia
    @G-Man said:
    "I just wish they'd use villains we haven't already seen in the previous movies.  We've already seen Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, etc.  The question is, who else is a big enough villain that wouldn't look cheesey in a live-action movie?  Also, what other female villains are there for Megan Fox to play?  Lady Shiva?  Huntress?  Harley?  (I'd better stop before I start getting hate-pm's).    ATTENTION ALL BATMAN CASTING DIRECTORS: Please ignore those suggestions! "

OMG I totally agree. They could put in Hush or the The Black Glove Hand whatever, or Damien (his supoosed son or whatever) And don't apologize tell the batman casting directors NOT to listen, they need to see this
    Niolani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Niolani

Megan Fox as Catwoman!?

I've just choked on my cereals...

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#33  Edited By HaloKing343

This might be suprising, but I actually didn't see the Megan Fox thing coming. Go figure.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jamiracles

Will if its Chris Nolan directing then they can cast Wheezy from the Jeffersons as Vicky Vale and the movie would still rock.

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ravn
    @Raia said:
    "...They could put in Hush or the The Black Glove Hand whatever, ..."
     OMG YES!! I just finished reading Hush yesterday, and that would be an AWESOME idea!!!! LOL
    SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By SuperXAsh

Apparently Megan Fox is destined to be in EVERYTHING. :P
    cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cadaver

make it stop.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Bergquist

no  i want angelina jolie!
    kittenpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kittenpride

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Catwoman should just be let go.... Halle Berry did enough! (Well the writers did, love her though...)

DenebAltair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DenebAltair

As long as they don't get Halle Berry to play Catwoman again, I'm fine with anybody playing the role.

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ravn

They need to go younger than Jolie, and prettier than Fox! If I didn't already think she should play Wonder Woman, they should get Olivia Wilde... or Mila Kunis...

....OR BABS!!! Just have Babs plays catwoman!! LOL

Avatar image for therichestmanintown
    TheRichestManinTown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan's directing again and Megan Fox is Catwoman.  I am not an amused Batman.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By Moomin123

MEGAN FOX?! Why has she got all the roles for herself. She's Leila in Jonah Hex and Catwoman? Why not have someone like Kate Beckinsale? She'd be a good Catwoman...or Jennifer Connelly? 
    I'd like to see David Tennant or Johnny Depp as the Riddler and Vin Diesel as Bane. Also I'd like to see a third return of Scarecrow, the best Batman villain...EVER!

Fake Shemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fake Shemp

What ever happened to those Cher as Catwoman rumors?  Because I'd rather see her in the role than Megan Fox.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By Moomin123
    @Ravn said:
    "They need to go younger than Jolie, and prettier than Fox! If I didn't already think she should play Wonder Woman, they should get Olivia Wilde... or Mila Kunis... ....OR BABS!!! Just have Babs plays catwoman!! LOL "

Yeah and R.E.D L.A.M.P as Batman. Then out of the blue, G-Man walks on the scene with some Heath Ledger-style Joker make-up. 
    "WHY SO SERIOUS?" "MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Ravn said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " They should bring Harley Quinn into it, played by Kristen Bell 

No Caption Provided
    "
    I like the idea of Kristin Bell as Harley.... but technically the Joker isn't dead.... right?! :) "
    Well they can't use another actor to replace Heath as Joker ... so they'll have to make him dead. Or Missing or something. I just want to see Harley Quinn, as more darker and calculising aswell as her humour of course. I think she'll fit perfectly in the Noal series. And Krsiten Bell would do her justicee.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#47  Edited By No_Name_

Oh dear...

No Caption Provided
    Pez85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pez85

Maybe if Nolan made her keep her mouth shut through the entire film, it'd work. I mean, she looks smokin' hot in that outfit (even if it is just a mock-up). Megan Fox and skin-tight leather? Mmmm

Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

megan fox as catwoman ????? as poison ivy it was better

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jefprice

CN talked about doing anther Batman shooting mostly in iMax after TDK, not surprising to hear this rumor at all.  

The Fox one is old it's been going around forums and blogs for months and she's said at least twice she has no interest in that role, and I really don't think it would be that bad if she decided to do it. It would at the very worst case be better then the Catwoman film DC and WB put out not long ago. 

Also CN has said he had no plans to use Catwoman or Robin or anyone else like them, so I very much doubt there's anything to this. And you know what, CN knows what he's doing, if he does decide to go this way, how can any of us, who DO NOT know how to make a film like he does question it until after we've seen it. I love how fans are quick to condemn or hate without any ability to do better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.