Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

THE JOKER HAS SPOKEN! (DCEU's latest news) (feat. Jay Nelson & Mark Hamill)

Avatar image for observcreatsoul
    ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Story: "With all the recent news announcements about the Joker spin-offs (under Todd Phillips, Martie Scorsese potentially producing, and the other two guys doing ‘Harley/Joker: Mad Love’ thing), The Joker himself (featuring the voices of JAY NELSON & MARK HAMILL) decided to share his own thoughts and feelings about his own history in this unusual TV SPECIAL!!!"

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interesting.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_ninja: it's truly fascinating, isn't it? Two separate generations of the same character. Wonder what sort of an exchange they had? Was it about the comics, movies, the animated series or, perhaps, both? Maybe someone will ask Mr. Leto and Mr. Hamill about their chat during their upcoming junkets (be it for Blade Runner 2 or SW: VIII).

edjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That kind of sounds like a good name for a Joker story. "Thus Spoke The Joker."

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Noice.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, guys! Means a lot to all three of us involved!

Most of all, I'm sure that Mr. Nelson is going to appreciate that (he is a very strong, gifted and talented performer/actor from Australia: https://twitter.com/Jay_Nelson). He recently finished doing a production of Chicago in Melbourne, which, interestingly enough, coincided with our release of the Joker TV Special.

He is marvelous at improv, he did it with my 4-page script, all in one take, and I used that very same take in my final released product (he put a lot of little nuances and touches into the way his Joker speaks, laughs, thinks and other aspects of his character that, perhaps, on paper might not work at all).

I am so glad that I got to collaborate with him, thing is, I was posting casting calls everywhere two weeks ago, but no one responded (not even certain 'online celebs' that are doing impressions), with an exception of Mr. Nelson, who turned out to be a true gentleman and a man of his word. So, all of it, really came together only because he was willing to go deeper into the rabbit hole, to delve deeper inside Joker's twisted mind, so to speak.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Usha

@observcreatsoul: Oh cool. Didn't realise you guys did the work. I thought it was an actual thing.

I feel like you should choose an avatar for your profile to promote yourself, and market yourself more effectively.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha: Thank you for your kind words! Yes, indeed, had to be my own writer/director/producer/editor/sound designer.

Fixed my avy, so that's fine now, thank you. Marketing myself more effectively seems really like a tough nut to crack, you see: I'm registered within 10 or more separate forums, approx 50+ something FB communities, did a lot of promotion on Twitter & Instagram services, and yet, despite all the hard work and a high level of craftsmanship, this video project is not getting enough attention as it should. After 9 days of constant promotion and big marketing push, my current result is still only some mere 1,318 views. In the old YouTube days, that could've been considered as a small victory of sorts, but now, we live in a very different age, where it's mostly about provocation and other wild things that are way beyond my understanding.

Which is really sad, because I feel that this project in particular deserves more appreciation (with all of our production values involved), more attention and more coverage from a lot of other comic book communities & websites, but, apparently they do not think the same way and see our efforts as something that has to do with competition, not partnership and a mutual understanding.

You type down the Joker on YouTube and, unfortunately, the first bunch of videos that you are going to get is a loooooooot of lazy people with zero intelligent opinions, creative efforts and thoughts, simple yapping into their microphones and other devices about this and that with their green screens supporting them and lack of camera movements intact. It's insane, really. I think the fact that I am not a brand and don't have a producer behind me (like Collider, for example) seriously affects the way my video project is being promoted, and despite all of my honest efforts and positive approach towards every single viewer and reader that I have a chance to encounter, it's still feels like a war that is far from being truly over (especially with recent changes that happened on YouTube)...

And Patreon... I just cannot do it. I cannot ask people to support me for a fixed price (seems rather strange to do it) or feel like I was forced to do the whole loan-taking thing and then when my product will be finally released, people will ask for their money back.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Usha

@observcreatsoul:

I suppose you can try and advertise over at; https://batman-news.com/. You should use your opportunities and take advantage of the, "25th anniversary Batman TAS" is currently celebrating. Maybe on your facebook page or what-not.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha: Thank you for your suggestions, but the thing about FB is: for example, you spread the word, you let them know you are ready for an intelligent discussion, you hope that amongst 30000 members of one community (just for the sake of it), at least half of them are going to interact with you and let you know what they thought about your latest work, but instead, all that you get is some 5-7 likes at best, which brings into question the rest 20000 + something members that are occupying the group's space.

I am telling you, as a former journalist myself, seeing how everything has transformed over thee last couple of years and became all about brand-marketing and personality-advertising, instead of concentrating on the quality of the released product itself, is very mind-boggling. Then again, Miller's Death of a Salesman never stopped being relevant, so you have to also take that into a consideration.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observcreatsoul:

You're going to have to spot the trends and do some market segmentation. Find a target market and invest in it. Create a logo, have a good easy brand name that's memorable and has people notice it. Create a page and make it look great, or market it in a fun way to get people's attention.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha: Fair enough. Thing is, there's just too much competition on the market right now, and that very competition with its' sponsors, advertisers and business partners makes sure to keep certain young, up-and-coming representatives (new blood), like myself, away from the public eye with their own overload of senseless and primitive content that throughout the years became the norm for 99% of the online crowd.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observcreatsoul: There's a lot of competition concerning Batman, that's just bound to happen. What market you specifically at? You could promote the Joker related stuff.

I highly suggest asking the team at Batman_News to see if they can advertise your video. It be a good way for the 25th Anniversary of Batman TAS.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha: Thank you! Already did that (fingers crossed). And thank you for engaging in a very interesting and thought-provoking conversation with me, I really appreciate that, man.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha: I wanted to thank you for your recommendations and support once again! We (myself, Jay Nelson & Mr. Mark Hamill) just got a fantastic bit of viral promotion and inventive, creative marketing, thanks to perfect, priceless and unbelievable help from an incredible @DailyPlanetDC (on Twitter; make sure to follow this amazing person and community!!!)

New e-edition! Joker TV Special by @ObservofCreativ featuring @HamillHimself and @jay_nelson. Check it out here!

Video project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA

No Caption Provided
    ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha:

Guys! We finally did it! Mr. Mark Hamill (https://twitter.com/DailyPlanetDC/status/909527447657418754) put a love sign for our finalized video project on Twitter, so it's all full-circle now:

No Caption Provided

Thank you all so much for your support!

Please make sure to RT, repost and share our VIDEO PROJECT WITH MANY OTHERS!!!

LOVE ON YA,

YAN EDEN.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Usha

@observcreatsoul: Absolute terrific job man! Keep up the good work. Having Mark Hamill himself like your work is a definite big step in the right direction. Stay consistent and never milk your brand, if there are opportunities concerning Joker take advantage of it and be creative with it.

Great job dude and your team!

No Caption Provided

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Thank you & god bless! We worked extra hard to get it all right and to make one of the best Joker projects we possibly could!

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observcreatsoul: Thank you! God bless you too! You really did an excellent job.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha: Update #1: Mr. Hamill unexpectedly (just like the Joker himself) showed up during our #BatmanDay-related discussion of the Joker TV Special project on Twitter and wrote the following: "Like all great actors @JaredLeto made the part his own! #Respect"

No Caption Provided

Link: https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/911686675096518656

Update #2: Mr. Hamill just told us (myself & Mr. Nelson): "Well done, but WB wouldn't appreciate me weighing in on their plans. Much too controversial at this point. #NoJoke"https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/911716023543271424

And Mr. Hamill also liked the following reply o'mine: "We respect all the Jokers, from all mediums, in all shapes and sizes)))"https://twitter.com/ObservofCreativ/status/911684641014390784

It's been a wild ride, dear ladies & gents of ComicVine community! Thank you all for your active support and understanding! Wish we could've gone viral with his video project, but at least we have made a small difference and created something truly different, fresh and special. And so our great crusade comes to its natural conclusion.

Goodbye & sweet dreams! I would like to leave everyone with this beautiful, touching and poignant melody (that, like our video project, captures the essence and the nature of the character perfectly)...

Loading Video...

Best wishes,

Yan Eden & Jay Nelson.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha:

No Caption Provided

https://i.imgur.com/d3Ih6ib.jpg

Thank you very much, man! In other amazing news, Mr. Jared Leto himself just visited our Twitter page and loved Mr. Mark Hamill's #Respect post (regarding the Joker TV Special discussion that we had on #BatmanDay, featuring Mr. Hamill & Jay Nelson on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA )

Original link: https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/911686675096518656

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Since we are receiving so much active support and encouragement for our Joker TV Special (feat. Jay Nelson & Mark Hamill), I decided that the time has come to finally share this personal footage of mine with all of you.

It was the first time in my life when I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Jerry Robinson (January 1, 1922 – December 7, 2011; an American comic book artist known for his work on DC Comics' Batman line of comics during the 1940s. He is also best known as the co-creator of Robin and the Joker and for his work on behalf of creators' rights) and interview him at great length for the Hollywood Reporter Magazine (International Edition) about the origins and the history of the Clown Prince of Crime at San Diego Comic-Con (July, 2011).

As far as I am aware, this was one of the last interviews that Mr. Robinson gave in his life. Unfortunately, Mr. Jerry Robinson passed away on the 7th of December, 2011 (five months after we had our wonderful, in-depth discussion of the Joker and how he was interpreted in a variety of creative mediums). Without him, there would be no Joker admirers all over the world, there would be no animated or live action versions of him, and of course, there would be no wonderful musical compositions by such giants of the industry as Shirley Walker, Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observcreatsoul: Jesus dude, you've accomplished a lot of things already! Impressive stuff man.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ObservCreatSoul

@usha: Thank you once again, man) Yeah, who would've thought, huh?!!

We also got supported by Will Friedle (Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond), Alex Maleev, Paul Gulacy, Wesley Burt (Arkham Origins concept artist), Dan Jurgens, Walt Simonson, Jerry Ordway, J. M. DeMatteis, Mico Suayan, Paul Gulacy, Dan Mora, David Michelinie, Patrick Zircher, John Semper Jr. (Spider-Man: The Animated Series creator & Cyborg writer), Charlie Schlatter (the voice of the Flash in a lot of WB shows, including Justice League Action), James Tucker (of the Brave & The Bold Fame) and many other talented and well-respected creators & artists.

Oh, and add Chris McKay (Lego Batman director to that list).

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Usha

@observcreatsoul: Keep doing what you're doing man! Every successful person started small somewhere. But you've already got a lot of support from many haha.

ObservCreatSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.