Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

the dark knight returns part 2

• 80 results
    sumafatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sumafatrider

has anybody seen it yet,i am not going to spoil it for anyone who havent seen it yet, but it was GREAT,the trailer really fools you into thinking its going to be this way but then you get something different and even better

Whodid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Whodid

I wasn't aware it was available to watch, well that's tonight's film sorted, thank you.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just found it and i'll be watching it in a bit. Thank you for notifying me lol

ReachDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReachDestroyer

Where can you watch it?

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatihBATMAN

why isnt part one and two coming to Europe..... :(?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did a good job. Very excellent. Michael Emerson killed it as the Joker, and Mark Valley did the same for Superman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@FatihBATMAN: dont know but i can give you a website were you can watch both of them

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FatihBATMAN

that would be cool...

Whodid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Whodid

The Dark Knight Returns Part II in one word..................Striking.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MuyJingo

Awesomeness. Nice to see the Batman/Superman battle on film. How silly it is for people to say Batman didn't win that fight...

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Urban_Ronin

Its not officially out yet so please do not post any links in the thread where it can be viewed. Thanks :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

Awesomeness. Nice to see the Batman/Superman battle on film. How silly it is for people to say Batman didn't win that fight...

Except that he didn't,Superman was holding back and Ollie was instrumental.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MuyJingo

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Yeah, that doesn't mean he didn't win. He had help and advantages, but still beat him. Woudl eh have without help and if Superman wasn't weakened? Nope. But he was and he did.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Yeah, that doesn't mean he didn't win. He had help and advantages, but still beat him. Woudl eh have without help and if Superman wasn't weakened? Nope. But he was and he did.

A fight is not a fight if one of the characters is holding back,especially to the extent that Superman was.Great showing for Batman but he didn't win.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MuyJingo

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

A fight is not a fight if one of the characters is holding back,especially to the extent that Superman was.Great showing for Batman but he didn't win.

Utter nonsense.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Utter nonsense.

Says you,Superman could have destroyed him instead to trying to talk to him.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By havoc1201

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Utter nonsense.

Yes superman was weakened but so was bruce he just had his guts put back into his stomach so they both were not 100% and Batman absolutely won that fight.

sumafatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sumafatrider

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Utter nonsense.

one question what stoped superman from frying batman with his laizer from the sky? ok may be batman thought it through,if you watched it you would see he did something to bring superman down to the ground,so no flight advantage,but he was holding back he didnt want to kill batman

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MuyJingo

OK, let me put it this way. If I am in a fight with the rock, and the rock holds back, and I knock him out by hitting him with a frying pan...I still won the fight.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By RedOwl_1

I didn't knew I could watch it now.... well now I know what I am doing this Friday night.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

OK, let me put it this way. If I am in a fight with the rock, and the rock holds back, and I knock him out by hitting him with a frying pan...I still won the fight.

No you did not,by that logic younger siblings beat their older ones all the time.@havoc1201 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Utter nonsense.

Yes superman was weakened but so was bruce he just had his guts put back into his stomach so they both were not 100% and Batman absolutely won that fight.

There were times in the fight where Supes stopped to talk and reason when he had the advantage,he wasn't even giving 20% of his power to the fight at hand,no Batman did not win.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrShway88

What day does the video come out?

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By JLDoom

Man, I cant wait for this movie to come out!

@MrShway88 said:

What day does the video come out?

January 29

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

It was really great.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

No you did not,by that logic younger siblings beat their older ones all the time.@havoc1201 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

Utter nonsense.

There were times in the fight where Supes stopped to talk and reason when he had the advantage,he wasn't even giving 20% of his power to the fight at hand,no Batman did not win.

Let me just ask, how does a person win the fight when they die and the other person's still alive at the end? In all seriousness, that never made any sense to me. Superman wasn't even knocked out. He was completely conscious and Batman was talking about how he was the one man who'd beaten Superman. That makes absolutely no sense, because Superman was still capable of fighting, and had in fact been capable of crushing Batman at any time throughout the fight, despite the fact he was weakened from tanking a nuke like a week earlier. At best, Batman had the edge against a weakened Superman that was holding back immensely. Not sure how much that really means.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

I liked it. Part 1 was better.

dboy4dashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dboy4dashing

IT WAS GREAT! I love the music and the voice talent! Both of them together rocked!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MuyJingo

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

Let me just ask, how does a person win the fight when they die and the other person's still alive at the end? In all seriousness, that never made any sense to me. Superman wasn't even knocked out. He was completely conscious and Batman was talking about how he was the one man who'd beaten Superman. That makes absolutely no sense, because Superman was still capable of fighting, and had in fact been capable of crushing Batman at any time throughout the fight, despite the fact he was weakened from tanking a nuke like a week earlier. At best, Batman had the edge against a weakened Superman that was holding back immensely. Not sure how much that really means.

As Batman explained, he showed Superman mercy. He could have made the attack fatal. When Superman was gasping for breath on the flaw too weak to get up and had no choice but to listen...that's when he was beat.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuyJingo said:

As Batman explained, he showed Superman mercy. He could have made the attack fatal. When Superman was gasping for breath on the flaw too weak to get up and had no choice but to listen...that's when he was beat.

Yet as I pointed out, Superman could've done the exact same thing, at literally any time in the story! Including that fight!!! The entire confrontation was Batman going all out against a man who didn't want to fight him, and then still dying. Again, i'm not sure how much that really means, because people like to act as if Superman was giving it his all during that fight, like it was a fight between Superman and Darkseid or something.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MuyJingo

@MuyJingo said:

Yet as I pointed out, Superman could've done the exact same thing, at literally any time in the story! Including that fight!!! The entire confrontation was Batman going all out against a man who didn't want to fight him, and then still dying. Again, i'm not sure how much that really means, because people like to act as if Superman was giving it his all during that fight, like it was a fight between Superman and Darkseid or something.

I agree Superman was probably holding back and so didn't give it his all. But that doesn't matter. In the fight we saw, Batman won. Discussing the significance of that, if it has any is a different matter.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuyJingo said:

@MuyJingo said:

I agree Superman was probably holding back and so didn't give it his all. But that doesn't matter. In the fight we saw, Batman won. Discussing the significance of that, if it has any is a different matter.

Probably? I think it was pretty clear. You're saying Batman won because he showed mercy. Argument falls apart because Superman did the exact same thing. If showing mercy means you beat someone else then Superman won way before the final confrontation.At best, Batman "won" against a Superman who was weakened at the start, holding back, and with help, and even then he died. So again, i'm not sure how much that really means.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MuyJingo

Probably? I think it was pretty clear. You're saying Batman won because he showed mercy. Argument falls apart because Superman did the exact same thing. If showing mercy means you beat someone else then Superman won way before the final confrontation.At best, Batman "won" against a Superman who was weakened at the start, holding back, and with help, and even then he died. So again, i'm not sure how much that really means.

I have no idea how this is even a point of discussion. What is it with superman fanbois? There is no rule saying that in a fight if one side holds back it doesn't count, or if that someone shows mercy they haven't won.

A fight is a fight...blows were exchanged...theyt were fighting. It doesn't matter how, but Superman was on the ground gasping for air, Batman was over him giving a victory speech. He won.

As I said, it's fine to say it was a meaningless victory because superman was holding back, but it was a victory nonetheless. To dispute that is borderline retarded.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuyJingo said:

I have no idea how this is even a point of discussion. What is it with superman fanbois? There is no rule saying that in a fight if one side holds back it doesn't count, or if that someone shows mercy they haven't won.

A fight is a fight...blows were exchanged...theyt were fighting. It doesn't matter how, but Superman was on the ground gasping for air, Batman was over him giving a victory speech. He fucking won.

As I said, it's fine to say it was a meaningless victory because superman was holding back, but it was a victory nonetheless. To dispute that is borderline retarded.

I mean, I wouldn't say it's important, just pointing it out. And see, why do I have to be a Superman fanboy because I don't agree with you? You're getting angry over nothing. That doesn't make any sense. I'm saying I personally don't believe it counts, but that if you do you have to acknowledge the fact that Superman was holding back and that the fight didn't end with him dying. You can still say he won if you want, but if you're say talking to a random person and don't mention it than you're simply misinforming them. And I was just pointing out that the reasoning that Batman won because he showed mercy doesn't hold up.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MuyJingo

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Because people are saying he didn't win, when he did. If you want to say that the win doesn't count, that is fine. I respect that view and may even agree with it. But that the win does not count it is a separate topic, a topic that is moot unless you first acknowledge that he won.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuyJingo said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Because people are saying he didn't win, when he did. If you want to say that the win doesn't count, that is fine. I respect that view and may even agree with it. But that the win does not count it is a separate topic, a topic that is moot unless you first acknowledge that he won.

Oh i'm not acknowledging that he won. Let's both be very, very clear. I wouldn't call that a win, that's just me. I'm saying that even if you do think he won (Which you of course do) you still have to be clear on the circumstances of the victory. Superman held back, was weakened, and Bruce had prep of course.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MuyJingo

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Sigh. That's what I find so stupid. You ARE acknowledging he won, by making excuses as to why it does not count.

If you have just had major surgery and are in a weakened state and I'm on steroids and we fight and I knock you out. It's fine to say it doesn't count, but it is still a win.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MuyJingo said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Sigh. That's what I find so stupid. You ARE acknowledging he won, by making excuses as to why it does not count.

If you have just had major surgery and are in a weakened state and I'm on steroids and we fight and I knock you out. It's fine to say it doesn't count, but it is still a win.

No, i'm pointing out the reasons he didn't win.

Then call it that, but be specific. Going around saying it's a win paints a different picture in people's minds.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nightwing4

Batman won the fight. Simple minded people think of the fight as the punching through walls and whatnot. That's Superman's "fight." The reality is that Bruce beat Clark on the battlefield of the mind way before the "fight" even happened. It came down to what they were each WILLING TO DO. How far they would go. Bruce knew he had Clark beat there all along.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gracetrack

@entropy_aegis said:

I think perhaps you are being stubborn.

Both Superman and Batman were at a disadvantage in several ways, so your point is essentially a wash in my opinion.

Bruce himself wasn't anywhere near 100 percent after his bout with Joker. Not to mention he was like 55-60 years old and most certainly not in his prime during this story, whereas age was not a factor for Superman.

There were times when Bruce also stopped to talk... in particular, at the end when he held a Kryptonite-soaked Superman's life in his hands but didn't kill him.

Batman won. That was always a major part of the story and why it is such a great one. Batman beat Superman not using super powers alone, but primarily using strategy and resourcefulness. Accept it and move on.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@sumafatrider: its amazing its on animeflavor in great quality http://animeflavor.com/cartoon/batman-dark-knight-returns-part-2

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By reignmaker

Anyone that doesn't call Batman the victor in this Superman fight is lying to themselves. Using that same logic would mean Bane never beat Batman since Bats was in a weakened state. Derp. Since when do perfect battle forum rules apply in real life or even comic books for that matter? Batman took Supes down the best way he knew how - He used Clark's "nice guy" persona against him.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Reignmaker said:

Anyone that doesn't call Batman the victor in this Superman fight is lying to themselves. Using that same logic would mean Bane never beat Batman since Bats was in a weakened state. Derp. Since when do perfect battle forum rules apply in real life or even comic books for that matter? Batman took Supes down the best way he knew how - He used Clark's "nice guy" persona against him.

Irrelevant comparison,Bane could've taken him down back in Vengeance of Bane 1,he wanted his victory to be absolute,complete and so thorough that Batman wouldn't even think of coming back.

No Caption Provided

He cant even touch Superman unless Supes lets him.

Batman won because plot demanded it,either way it's a non canon story and this Batman fed Robin rats so not sure why Batfans wanna treat it as gospel.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Omnicrono said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Both Superman and Batman were at a disadvantage in several ways, so your point is essentially a wash in my opinion.

Bruce himself wasn't anywhere near 100 percent after his bout with Joker. Not to mention he was like 55-60 years old and most certainly not in his prime during this story, whereas age was not a factor for Superman.

There were times when Bruce also stopped to talk... in particular, at the end when he held a Kryptonite-soaked Superman's life in his hands but didn't kill him.

Batman won. That was always a major part of the story and why it is such a great one. Batman beat Superman not using super powers alone, but primarily using strategy and resourcefulness. Accept it and move on.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/superman-vs-batman/87-79268/

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By ComicStooge

With a great movie comes great fanwankery.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By reignmaker

Oh no, not the whole "it's not cannon" argument! Have mercy...

DC has rewritten its "cannon" so many times, it's quite pointless to pick and choose what you want to follow as gospel. Besides we're just talking about whether he won for purposes of this story. And he did.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gracetrack

@entropy_aegis said:

@Omnicrono said:

@entropy_aegis said:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/superman-vs-batman/87-79268/

CitizenBane knows his stuff, but he is not the be-all-end-all deciding factor of comic book debates. I don't care who he is or how many followers he has. I've already debated with him on this issue to some extent.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MuyJingo
    Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gracetrack

@MuyJingo said:

@Omnicrono: Besides, that particular post is a poor example, biased, cherry picked and misinforming. It's funny because his Hulk vs Thor is actually objective and very well done. If only he had taken the same approach with his Superman vs Batman article. In the meanwhile, I suggest mine: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/muyjingo/why-it-is-completely-plausible-that-batman-can-beat-superman/87-80187/

Thanks, MuyJingo. I will take a look at it.

Don't get me wrong, I respect that CitizenBane is knowledgeable, and that he seems to form his opinions intelligently (more often than not), but at the end of the day they are still simply that - opinions. Granted, many people do not even seem to know how to form and intelligent opinion.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MuyJingo

@Omnicrono: I agree with you about CB, I respect him and he does know his stuff. But, I don't think he is mature enough (and IIRC he is in high school) to argue his point sometimes. He accuses people of cherrypicking feats and dismissing PIS/CIS stories, yet that's exactly what he does when it comes to Superman. One idiot writer showed Superman as being able to see to the end of the universe, which there was no other example of, yet he then takes that as proof as to the level of his power....

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gracetrack

@MuyJingo said:

@Omnicrono: I agree with you about CB, I respect him and he does know his stuff. But, I don't think he is mature enough (and IIRC he is in high school) to argue his point sometimes. He accuses people of cherrypicking feats and dismissing PIS/CIS stories, yet that's exactly what he does when it comes to Superman. One idiot writer showed Superman as being able to see to the end of the universe, which there was no other example of, yet he then takes that as proof as to the level of his power....

If you are interested, here's a little blog I wrote up (work in progress) addressing the issue of PIS/WIS, which actually sprang from an earlier debate I had with CitizenBane and a few other Viners regarding the plausibility of Batman holding his own (notice, I didn't even say "winning," although I think he could given the right circumstances) against guys like Superman and Spider-man:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/omnicrono/pis-bologna-cheese-if-you-please/87-84193/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.