Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The dark knight has 9 Bafta nominations

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

UK, January 15, 2009 - Award season is now in full swing, with the British Academy of Film Awards nominations announced this morning.

The Dark Knight has been given some recognition from BAFTA voters, scooping nine nominations. However these were mostly in the technical categories (along with a nomination for Ledger's performance), with Christopher Nolan's direction and the film itself missing out.

The BAFTAs -the premiere film award ceremony in the UK - are considered a major indicator for which films will win come Oscar time. With The Dark Knight also mostly missing out at the Golden Globes, with Ledger's win in the Best Supporting Actor category once again the only major award given to the film, is this a clear indication that Nolan's film will be mostly ignored at the Academy Awards?

Christopher Nolan has missed out once again for a big award nomination.

Instead it was business as usual with the rest of the BAFTA nominations, as the 2009 award season favourites all picks up nods. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button leads the way with 11 nominations, whilst the likes of Slumdog Millionaire (which won the Golden Globe for Best Drama Film), Milk, The Reader and Changeling all also doing well.

The BAFTA ceremony gets under way in London on February 8. For a full list of nominations, click here.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

They deserve all nine. and more.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

There is no reason the Dark Knight doesnt deserve best film more than Benjamin Button or any of the other films theyve nominated.

Fastback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Fastback

I don't know, the dark knight is a film that people can actually sit down and watch without it being some profound piece of art and people are actually able to enjoy it. Really it has no chance. That's why I hated the golden globes, 2 freaking regular things, batman and 30 rock(and a couple others but they got no attention) everything else was artsy crap that hardly anyone cares about.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

But the thing is that even though it was enjoyable for everyone it was still deep and meaningful with a lot of social commentary and insight about the way we act as humans.

Fastback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fastback

I didn't mean it wasn't meaningful I just meant it could be good wether or not you want to try and find something deep about it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I know I was agrreeing with you and then expanding upon that....

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

good movies are considered art, I finally saw the curious case of Benjamin Button and think it earned his right to be nominated so many times

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
    Nighthunter said:
    "good movies are considered art, I finally saw the curious case of Benjamin Button and think it earned his right to be nominated so many times"

I wasnt meaning that Benjamin Button wasnt a great movie...I just meant I think Dark Knight should be able to hang with it.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
    Hmmm... well the film deserves all nine nominations...
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nighthunter
    Lunacyde said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "good movies are considered art, I finally saw the curious case of Benjamin Button and think it earned his right to be nominated so many times"

I wasnt meaning that Benjamin Button wasnt a great movie...I just meant I think Dark Knight should be able to hang with it."
    that was actually for fastback's comment
    Fastback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fastback

yes, it's really just my opinion and I'm sure some other movies that I hadn't heard were actually good. I'm was just biased towards batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.