Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Batman (Animated Series)

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

Did anyone else really enjoy the character designs for the villains in this show? I just thought they all looked great. I know it's not as iconic as BTAS but it's still pretty up there for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMiRb54fiU

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kmb501

They were okay. I was a little disappointed that Joker wasn't voiced by a reasonable facsimile to Mark Hamill, but it did present some interesting stories and made the characters seem different. I would like to see a cartoon that incorporated elements of Brave and the Bold / The Batman / Batman the Animated Series. Brave and Bold explored fun comic story arcs, like Game Over for Owlman and Emperor Joker, while BTAS was probably the darkest and never gave the impression that Batman and Joker could work together, although there were some cute stories, like when Joker accidentally created The Creeper while trying to kill Jack Ryder, a BTAS meets The Mask would have been awesome, but they didn't do that. The Batman was in between; it gave us a younger more light-hearted Batman who was able to go on wackier adventures, such as meeting Dracula and such, but it wasn't as campy as Brave and Bold. Brave and Bold had such good humor, though, that it didn't seem super campy.

I really wish BTAS would have explored some of the crazier story arcs and not taken its characters' roles too seriously. Joker could have teamed up with Batman. We could have met Owlman. We could have gotten the opportunity to explore some Elseworlds.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the character designs were particularly ugly, if you want me to be honest.

AckRecky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman was powerful as hell in this.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman was powerful as hell in this.

true

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.