Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Telltale Batman's power levels!

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

This is a thread dedicated to show Telltale Batman's power levels, skills and gadgets. I'll be organizing this in a way where I'll put the feats in different sections. It won't be: ''speed, strenght, etc'', it will be: ''episode one, episode two, etc'' where I'll chronologically put up the feats and whatnot for the sake of finding them easier and making this respect thread more organized.

Also, note that the game's canon is driven by what the players choose, so I'll be putting up all the choices, not to show what Batman does if you choose either, but to showcase what he's capable, therefore I'm counting in all the feats as his power levels because that's what he's capable of regardless of what you choose. That is at least what Telltale is implying in their game.

I'm doing this because I really think feats are cool and noteworthy and that it shows how powerful a character is. Plus this game is freaking fantastic (at least episode one), and I really like this Batman and the game's game mechanics and story.

By the way, I'll be updating this as new episodes comes out. If anyone wants to contribute, that's cool, but please keep it organized.

Episode 1:

Batman stealthily took out 4 mercenaries and wasn't seen a single time except for the times when he didn't try to be seen.

• Here he takes out one mercenary by staying in the shadows and using his grappling gun. He took out the mercenary without even stepping out of the shadows.
    • The very second after that, Batman somehow pulls the other mercenary bound to the chair (the first one one he took out with a punch) up in the air and strikes fear into the hearts of the remaining mercenaries, making them very defensive. They had a sight over the entire room by circling up back to back with each other.
    • Even though they circled back to back. Batman found a way to pick them up one after one. He did that by using the 'death from above' tactic, where he stayed above them and released a smoke bomb so they couldn't see, enabling Batman to quickly take them out while they were disoriented.
    • Here is him quickly pulling up and taking out two of them while they were disoriented so they couldn't resist. As seen in the GIF, the third one runs away and is scared to death. He was shooting blind shots in the room since he was terrified.
    • A smart move by Batman. He disarmed the mercenary shooting blind shots by throwing a batarang at it, which shows Batman's accuracy. Even then he wasn't seen or heard.
    • This is how the whole thing looked for the remaining mercenary. He was scared to death, and I don't blame him considering that he just faced off against someone that easily cleared the room without being detected a single time. Not to mention that the majority of his team was hanging up side down.

That is some damn good stealth and also shows how strategically smart Batman is. He wasn't seen a single time and used the shadows to his advantage so he could take them out without being seen. As well as all the other things I just explained and posted.

While running towards the last guy to hit him, Batman reacted to and blocked bullets with his bulletproof gauntlet.

No Caption Provided

It may seem like he already had his gauntlet up since it happened so fast, but that's not the case.

1. The mercenary shot one bullet and Batman lifted his arm up to block it after it had been shot.
    2. Another bullet was shot at Batman, but Batman already had his gauntlet up this time to block the second bullet.

Here's a screenshot showing that Batman didn't have his arm up when the mercenary released fire:

1. The first scan: It shows that the mercenary has pulled the trigger and the bullet is out, but Batman's arm wasn't up, yet he manages to block it. That's because he reacted to the bullet and raised his arm and blocked it, AKA bullet timed.
    2. The second scan shows what I'm talking about. If Batman would have already had his arm up to block the shot, then that's how it would have looked like; his arm already up while the guy pulled the trigger.

Here's Batman taking out the goon, and I have no idea how this guy managed to endure through a beatdown like that for so long. He had his head kicked with a fly kick, head smashed into a thick metal door by Batman (Batman rag-dolled human beings later on in the game, so this is really surprising) and all that so it's surprising that this dude took that many hits. I'm guessing he managed to do that because of his helmet. Also, Batman blocked and dodged way more than he hit here.

• 5. Here's Batman actually landing a powerful hit after putting up swift and weak hits on the guy, and the result is that the guy's helmet (I'm assuming it's made of kevlar since that would make sense) gets cracked.
    • 6. Batman propelled himself with the grappling gun and hit the guy so hard that he flew backwards and his impact dented the thick metal door behind him. Although this door had been weakened due to the sixth mercenary weakening it so they could get entrance to the office, it doesn't matter because the metal got dented.

Again, Batman is really accurate with throwing objects, more specifically with his batarangs as he tossed a pouch a distance away and than quickly followed it up by throwing a batarang at it making it stick to a wall. That was while he was fighting against Catwoman as well, so the fact that he did that while in a motion as fast makes him really accurate with the batarangs.

No Caption Provided

This easily makes him as accurate as 616 Bullseye and Ultimate Hawkeye. Jk, don't freak out :P

He also has tazers that instantaneously incapacitated and knocked out a human being.

No Caption Provided

He's not only durable enough to land on his feet without being damaged when he fell from what seemed to be four-five stories, but he was also strong enough to catch Selina by her arm without getting pulled down himself or moved at all while he himself hung with one hand only. He caught her while she was falling down from four-five stories.

Right after that, he single-handedly pulled up Selina without much effort while hanging with one hand.

No Caption Provided

He literally hammer curled her up with one arm.

These last three feats I just put up, are more impressive than they seem because Batman was shot earlier and he was in pain. He was shot because he didn't think they'd shoot since Gordon ordered them to not shoot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman jumped down from a good 30 meters and landed just fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is also a good detective (he's not called the world's greatest detective for no reason), as he managed to strike together different parts of a massacre to find out what actually happened. He got results, as shown when he found the gunman and interrogated him.

During the detective work, Batman tried to get inside a container, and he did that by ripping off the thick steel door, meaning that he ripped it off its hinges.

No Caption Provided

Right after having finished up the detective work, he found the gunman and continued to dodge a bullet from less than 5 feet away.

• The gunman pulled the trigger, but Batman moved out of the way right after the shot was fired.
    • Again, this may not seem like the case, but it is irrefutable as the one I showed above, and below is evidence for it.
    No Caption Provided

It may seem like the gunman fired above Batman, but that's just the recoil of the gun. I tried to find the perfect screenshot where it showed the flare of the gun as the gun was aimed towards Batman, but that was impossible due to the recoil of the gun. Instead, I will show how the guy had the gun aimed right against Batman before shooting.

First scan shows that the gunman had the gun aimed straight at Batman. The second scan shows what I'm talking about; the recoil. I couldn't get a clear screenshot at the right time due to the recoil. Either way, who can't aim at someone from less than 5 feet away?

This is an example of how Telltale Batman is a bullet timer. The other bullet timing feat above supports this.

Continuing from that, you could choose between disappearing from Gordon or staying with Gordon. Disappearing from Gordon would have Batman literally vanish from Gordon's sight. As in Gordon was looking at him, but he vanished.

Here it is.

Again, we should (really want to say have to) assume this as a 'canon' feat for Batman, because Telltale games' canon is decided by you, meaning that your choices are what makes the story, but as for the power levels, that's what's shown. That illustrates what the character is capable of. Even if you'd choose another choice, that doesn't change that the character is still capable of doing it. It's just that the other choice shows that he can do it, so we should assume this as part of his power level.

It's the very same case as above and as I explained at the start. We should be able to use either feat because that's what he's capable of according to the game, it's just that the player choose between which one of them to perform.

When heading off to interrogate Falcone, you had to take out the guards with the guns first (which is smart). Before doing so, Batman had to plan his attacks and what move to do.

You could choose between two options against the guards. The first one was simply taking him out. Against the second guard, you could either smash his head into a marble pillar and create big crack, or throw him 10 feet up in the air and then have his impact completely bend and disform some few inches of steel and also dent the railing of the stairs. This was a steel frame staircase as shown here.

Both of these should be counted, IMO, and I've explained why. I think what I'm saying is logical.

Same thing with the third guard; you could choose between two different ways to take out the third guard. You could either smash his head on a wooden table and leave a noticeable crack on it, or rag-doll him by throwing him some few feets away on a folding screen.

Against the fourth one, you could choose between throwing a metal object at him knock him out or take him out by dropping a hanging ceiling light on him, however I can't find a clip of that, though.

He did all of that efficiently without wasting time or be tagged a single time, and they were carrying firearms, by the way.

After finishing that, Batman went up the stairs and took out three of Falcone's thugs without getting tagged himself.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Not an impressive H2H feat , but it's among the few (we're only in episode one) he has and it does indeed show that Batman is capable of taking out multiple people at the same time.

Also, note at the end of the second GIF, Batman tossed one of the guys at the other one and they ended up landing on the counter of the bar. That means that the toss was strong enough to send them both flying to the other side of the room. Althought they went down instead of straight and forward, it still shows that Batman put in enough strenght to send them flying there. If they'd just fly down without much added force, then they'd fly straight down instead of across the room. Here's the distance between the bar and where Batman stood:

No Caption Provided

Batman has EMPs. He uses his gadgets very often in this game, and he uses them smart. One situation is when Falcone could see him through security cameras but Batman couldn't see Falcone, so he made Falcone blind by throwing an EMP in the room he was in to disable his view of Batman, which was smart.

No Caption Provided

Another point in the game where the player has to choose between two moves is when Batman lifted up Falcone with one arm. You could choose between throwing Falcone 20 feet away to the right, which had Falcone flying upwards in a straight line, and the only thing stopping Falcone from flying even further was the screens and the wall. The other thing you could choose was to throw Falcone 15 feet to the left with one arm.

No Caption Provided

Either way, Telltale Batman can rag-doll human beings as big as him.

He aim dodged this automatic turret:

No Caption Provided

Batman also has this cool and small drone that can scan whatever place he wants to and it also shoots missiles that can make huge and wide holes in thick and reinforce concrete (that's what they use for skyscrapers):

No Caption Provided

Basically, Telltale Batman is cool and badass as hell.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@captain_batman_ftw: I am, thanks for tagging me. Awesome respect thread, I love that you took the time to put the context to some of this feats to show how impressive they are. This Batman seems to be a really great fighter, the only things he needs is to fight another skilled fighter to solidify that fact but I am sure we will get that in one of the upcoming episodes (or seasons). I think that the henchman that took that beating by Batman, needs his own respect thread, He was getting up after being kicked so hard to a metal door that he dented it.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

good job putting this together

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WastelandMan

Well-made thread. And I was thinking about picking this game up and now I may definitely.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: I am, thanks for tagging me. Awesome respect thread, I love that you took the time to put the context to some of this feats to show how impressive they are. This Batman seems to be a really great fighter, the only things he needs is to fight another skilled fighter to solidify that fact but I am sure we will get that in one of the upcoming episodes (or seasons). I think that the henchman that took that beating by Batman, needs his own respect thread, He was getting up after being kicked so hard to a metal door that he dented it.

No problem.

Thank you.

This Batman seems to be a really great fighter, the only things he needs is to fight another skilled fighter to solidify that fact but I am sure we will get that in one of the upcoming episodes (or seasons)

The synopsis of season three or four is that supervillains will be on the rise, so perhaps we'll see Batman use his skills against superhumans. I hope we see more of Batman's fighting style and skills.

good job putting this together

Thank you.

Well-made thread. And I was thinking about picking this game up and now I may definitely.

Thank you.

I recommend doing it. The game was a blast and it was intense at some parts due to the fact that you had to choose between two options quickly. Plus, it's within the Batman lore, meaning that you can choose how the story plays out, and that's very fun considering that the story will be unpredictable and very exciting. This game actually had me feeling like I was Batman.

bighero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great job on the Telltale Batman power levels.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Nice. I remember he tore off a massive steel door at one point too, I'll see if I can find the bit when I get home.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Nice. I remember he tore off a massive steel door at one point too, I'll see if I can find the bit when I get home.

Is that during the warehouse investigation chapter? I think I saw it happen there.

Also I had no idea Batman could throw Falcone across the room like a ragdoll, that's pretty impressive.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lvenger: @rogueshadow: Here it is the gif:

No Caption Provided

Yeah that was it. Nice one. This Batman is pretty damn strong, plus the way he ragdolled Falcone like lvenger said. I look forward to seeing what more he can do.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @rogueshadow: @black_arrow: I didn't notice that one, though I won't say 'here he ripped off parts of a steel door' because he ripped the door of the hinges. I'll make sure to do it when I get internet again. Currently I'm moving in to a new house so all I can use is my cellphone's internet.

Also, this Batman is pretty damn strong, fast and intelligent. I'm glad Telltale did him justice, AS WELL as a great story. However I wouldn't exactly say he's on his comic counter part's level yet. I honestly hope he isn't stronger than comic Batman. Close to it? Yes. As powerful? No. I just don't like it when other incarnations of a character is more powerful than it's original incarnation.

Btw, If you didn't get it with you, I will be updating this thread as each episode comes out, and there will be supervillains coming up in the next few episodes according to one of episode's synopsis.

One more thing, this is just episode one where we're introduced to the basics of Batman and whatnot, I can't imagine how great he will be in the next few episodes where basically everything will be expanded.

Can't wait! So hyped!

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more day to go and it's here!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching a playthrough of Episode 2 now.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I finished the episode four hours ago. Really short episode, TBH. Not a great episode either, so it felt like a waste of money. However I will put up all the feats.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: It did seem a bit of a let down from what I watched and I'm not sure about some of the story choices. But it was shorter? Didn't notice that.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@captain_batman_ftw: It did seem a bit of a let down from what I watched and I'm not sure about some of the story choices. But it was shorter? Didn't notice that.

40 minutes shorter than the last episode. Felt very short. Not to mention that the episode wasn't as good as the last one story-wise. The tension didn't feel so good either.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be updating this as soon as I get the chance.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.