Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Talia Al Ghul(Pre-Morrison) vs Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Talia Al Ghul(Pre-Morrison) vs Catwoman (Selina Kyle) (33 votes)

Catwoman 67%
    Talia 33%

Semi-last of my series of 'who's the girl for Bats' polls. This one is the most popular and I'm sure it's been done but this time, no including Talia after Morrison got his hands her and made her crazy *** who killed her son. That might make it more fair. So, who fits better with Batman - Catwoman or the Bint Al Ghul?

• 
    Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Enzo991

Where is the "neither" option ? Selina might be the lesser evil in this case, but I still hate her guts, so that should tell you what I think of Talia. People always complain about Batman having too many love interests whenever someone proposes a new one, but the way I see it, is that Batman didn't have a single good love interest over the past 75 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both of them and its always hard for me to choose. I'd go with Talia though. She isn't on and off, she pretty much always loves batman, even when he was dating Catwoman.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991: Really? What about Wonder Woman?

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zer0-x: Oh I love Wonder Woman and Batman, but they never really got into a relationship, so I don't consider her a love interest for Batman. Sure there is teasing and flirting, but that could apply to many other characters as well.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zer0-X
    Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like Talia slightly more.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zer0-X

Aw... poor Talia's losing... (Remember, she isn't crazy child killer so she actually loves Brucie)

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@enzo991 said:

Where is the "neither" option ? Selina might be the lesser evil in this case, but I still hate her guts, so that should tell you what I think of Talia. People always complain about Batman having too many love interests whenever someone proposes a new one, but the way I see it, is that Batman didn't have a single good love interest over the past 75 years.

Well, Zatanna was sorta OK...though, that never really got explored properly before DC editorial put the kibosh on it.

Also, what traits would a "good" Batman love interest have to have? Not be evil?

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Zatanna was sorta OK...though, that never really got explored properly before DC editorial put the kibosh on it.

Also, what traits would a "good" Batman love interest have to have? Not be evil?

Zatanna was great. I loved her interactions with Bruce, and the childhood friends angle was very cute. However, just like with Wonder Woman, no relationship was actually formed, so I don't consider her a love interest for Bruce, only a potential one.

Many people say that Bruce shouldn't end up with anyone, because he's married to Gotham, and he's a kill joy, so no super heroine should be in a relationship with him, and you know what ? I find that ridicules. I think that the only times where Bruce showed any different sides to his personality where in his brief interactions with Zatanna and Wonder Woman.

All of Bruce's love interests are either villains (e.g. Catwoman, Talia), or non important women who will inevitably be dropped quickly, for being boring and uninteresting (e.g. Silver, Vesper). Batman needs a good and strong woman, that can stand up to him and take care of herself.

Which is funny considering that I believe Superman (who's pretty much Batman's foil) should never be with any non-human super powered woman, as that detaches him even further from his supposed humanity. Anyway, it's true that by looking at the numbers, it's easy to say that Batman has had a great many "love interests", but are any of them actually good ? I personally don't think so.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThePeaceweapon

I really can't be impartial after she slaughtered Damian right when I was starting to like him, but Talia is the more serious relationship. I always liked the love/hate, "I'm gonna destroy your city" dynamic. Call me sadistic.

At the same time though she's just Ra's little errand girl. Catwoman wins in the lifestyle department. If Talia could only be good and join the batfamily, there could be so much potential there.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't decide, so I made a random selection.

Talia it is.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Catwoman it will always be Catwoman.

Empirical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol catwoman won so easy

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Eto

Hmm

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talia

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
    deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He shares much more with Catwoman than Talia, she's basically a happier version of him.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, when you have Selina you don't have to worry about a friggin League at least.

Lmao

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.