Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23619 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Stephen Amell as Batman, not GA!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GodDamnIronMan
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He is muscular, charming, and his the "look" of a billionaire playboy whom has gone through tragedy...

I seriously hope WB would consider him as the Cape Crusader in coming JLA film.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

He could never be Bruce Wayne. He fits the bill of Oliver Queen perfectly. Jon Hammis more like Bruce Wayne.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@CrimsonAvenger said:

He could never be Bruce Wayne. He fits the bill of Oliver Queen perfectly. Jon Hammis more like Bruce Wayne.

What you mean by " he could never be Batman? ". Its becuz CW makes him Ollie 1st then it gives audience the 1st impression...well, what if CW makes him Batman at 1st, would you think the other way around?

Plus Jon Hamm is 41, and Amell is 31...and he's ripped...if WB wants to make Hamm Batman...They need to spend extra time to train him...

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Crash_Recovery

He's been in 3 episodes of a CW Green Arrow show. Isn't it a little early to make a call like this?

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Crash_Recovery: Prepare it earlier, they can still continue the TV series, and let Amell be GA...

but in JLA film, they can make him the Batman.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Sure, they could make you Batman.

But he's very new and untested. A studio doesn't want a "no name" to play Batman. They took that risk with Brandon Routh in Superman Returns, and while I have no issues with his performance, the film didn't do as well as they'd hoped. They want a name actor for this part.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BatWatch

It would be extremely confusing to fans to make him Batman and Green Arrow. Also, I'm not sure about his acting ability. I have been impressed by his physicality in Arrow though.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrShway88

Didn't you already make this thread before?

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Crash_Recovery said:

Sure, they could make you Batman.

But he's very new and untested. A studio doesn't want a "no name" to play Batman. They took that risk with Brandon Routh in Superman Returns, and while I have no issues with his performance, the film didn't do as well as they'd hoped. They want a name actor for this part.

Well, Robert Downey Jr. did a marvelous job playing Tony Stark...We all remember now. But before he take on this role, Downey was arrested numerous times on drug-related charges and went several times through drug treatment programs. Favreau himself stated that Robert is not his 1st choice, becuz due to...you know. But eventually Downey gets the role becuz Favreau thinks he fits into the character.

So, reputation is really not the biggest problem, Amell still have a chance.

@PsychoKnights said:

It would be extremely confusing to fans to make him Batman and Green Arrow. Also, I'm not sure about his acting ability. I have been impressed by his physicality in Arrow though.

A fansboy don't simply get distracted.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Robert Downey Jr. was also an Oscar and Golden Globe nominee before he played Iron Man.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Crash_Recovery: But he has been through drug abuse...that is the PR nightmare

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Iron Man wasn't a property that anyone (in the public) cared about.

Prior to the movie with RDJ the public at large knew little, if anything, about the character, and had no personal investment.

Batman at this very moment, is hugely iconic and is recognizable across the world. Studios want to associate their big properties with big names that have made lots of money.

Iron Man and Thor were unproven and unknown to the public, so they made riskier choices than will be made with casting of Batman. I don't mean to argue and he may very-well be a great actor for the job: but he won't get it.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Crash_Recovery: I think Amell has earned some reputation when he is doing 'Arrow'...as long as he has been involves in Superheroes TV programs.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Hamm as batman would be hilarious.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By SupBatz

Eh. The only thing he's really got going for him is his muscles. He's not the best actor and he doesn't have much "character" to his appearance aside for "Hot, muscular guy".

If he were actually cast as Batman I'd be disappointed.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@SupBatz: Okay. then who would be your cast, if you get to choose...Don't tell me it's Hamm or fassbender...they already got too many vote.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SupBatz

@GodDamnIronMan: Definitely not Hamm. And I don't think I'd choose Fassbender either (though I'm not 100% opposed to the idea).

But I don't really have anybody in particular who I would choose. It would probably never happen but I'd rather the studio go for a relatively unknown actor to play Batman. As long as the guy can come off as very intelligent and somewhat looks the part I'd be ok with it.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@SupBatz said:

@GodDamnIronMan: Definitely not Hamm. And I don't think I'd choose Fassbender either (though I'm not 100% opposed to the idea).

But I don't really have anybody in particular who I would choose. It would probably never happen but I'd rather the studio go for a relatively unknown actor to play Batman. As long as the guy can come off as very intelligent and somewhat looks the part I'd be ok with it.

So you mean to choose a total new face to act the role? but it seems like @Crash_Recovery: will disagree with you.He wants a well-known actor to pull this off.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SupBatz

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@SupBatz said:

So you mean to choose a total new face to act the role? but it seems like @Crash_Recovery: will disagree with you.He wants a well-known actor to pull this off.

Crash_Recovery is moreso arguing that the studio will almost definitely choose a well known actor because that will be likely to attract a greater audience and because Batman, being a well know and hyped up character, will likely need a well known and hyped up actor to portray him.

I agree with him - it's amost definite that a more well known actor will be chosen.

That being said, I think a breakout star would be a better choice but I doubt it'll actually happen. As a side note, being that Justice League is slated for release in 2015, I imagine we'll start hearing casting rumors very soon.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal19

He isnt the best actor. just because he looks like the charecter doesnt mean he could play the charecter well

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only one that belive Green Arrow act to much like Batman in this show?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SupBatz

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Agreed. They're trying far too hard to make Ollie badass.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jack Donaghy

I always expect Green Arrow to break into a Bale growl when interrogating with a criminal.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gotwillpower

@PsychoKnights said:

That's the problem with playing Batman. You have to be great at acting and incredibly ripped. I doubt they'll get both, so I would rather have good acting. I think it's critical to have good acting when Batman (or Green Arrow) is pretending to be the playboy persona. Stephen Amell is unconvincing. Half of the time, Ollie is acting serious and concerned, the other half uncaring and pretentious.

I liked Bale's acting for Bruce much better. The dinner scene in Batman Begins? I really felt the effect of Bruce's impoliteness.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mpierce2690

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

He is Batman on this show. The show is perfectly fine, but it's not Oliver Queen. It's Bruce Wayne as Green Arrow. Oliver Queen is far more Tony Stark than he is Bruce Wayne. Like I said, it's fine, I'm enjoying the show, but I'm not oblivious to a serious lack of Oliver Queen on this show. As for who should play the new Batman, my vote is Matt Bomer with Kevin Conroy providing the in-cowl voice via a voice changer.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I like him better as Oliver Queen

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@gotwillpower said:

@PsychoKnights said:

That's the problem with playing Batman. You have to be great at acting and incredibly ripped. I doubt they'll get both, so I would rather have good acting. I think it's critical to have good acting when Batman (or Green Arrow) is pretending to be the playboy persona. Stephen Amell is unconvincing. Half of the time, Ollie is acting serious and concerned, the other half uncaring and pretentious.

I liked Bale's acting for Bruce much better. The dinner scene in Batman Begins? I really felt the effect of Bruce's impoliteness.

Well, Amell can be the breakout star...he can definitely do alot of action stuff, and he looked very depressed also , like Batman... I know what you said that he maybe not as giod as Hamm or Fassbender in acting skills, but honestly , in a film like JLA which will involves that much casts and actuon scenes... Acting skills is not the priority , Film set and storyline is more important. Would you want to seat at theatre for 2 and a half hours just to watch Bruce Wayne 's charater development? ( it's like Batman Trilogy all over again)...

@mpierce2690: Matt Bomer looks great...but not sure how is his acting skills.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mpierce2690

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@mpierce2690: Matt Bomer looks great...but not sure how is his acting skills.

He's pretty good, I loved him on Chuck and now on White Collar. I've yet to see him in anything that would make me think he didn't have the chops for the role. The one thing that might hurt him, is he is that he's only like 5'11" and of course Batman is a bit taller. But he was set to play Superman for Brett Ratner, so I guess it can't be that big of a deal.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@mpierce2690: Well, I think Height is not the main concern ...he can always wear a lift in the movie( like all actors does )

you just put him as another strong candidates to take the role.Thanks man.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mpierce2690

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@mpierce2690: Well, I think Height is not the main concern ...he can always wear a lift in the movie( like all actors does )

Height isn't a huge issue for me either. One thing I like about him is that he shows a keen detective skill on White Collar, and that is the most important thing going forward for Batman because we need a World's Greatest Detective focus going forward. The best Batman stories are told as detective stories. But yeah, no problem, glad to help.

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By geoff2005

for the batman argument, I would say Christian Bale wasnt a big actor, he was an up and coming actor. I think with Batman, they prefer to cast somewhere in the middle

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@mpierce2690 said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Height isn't a huge issue for me either. One thing I like about him is that he shows a keen detective skill on White Collar, and that is the most important thing going forward for Batman because we need a World's Greatest Detective focus going forward. The best Batman stories are told as detective stories. But yeah, no problem, glad to help.

Ya. But I prefer Batman not to show too much of his detective skills in JLA movie, He can just show it in his own reboot series.

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

You're not alone :)

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gotwillpower

@GodDamnIronMan: Completely true, in the Justice League movie acting really won't matter. In that case I'll be fine with someone like Stephen Amell. But if they do a Batman reboot afterwards, I'd like some top notch acting.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@SupBatz: Thank you, you understood my argument perfectly.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@gotwillpower said:

@GodDamnIronMan: Completely true, in the Justice League movie acting really won't matter. In that case I'll be fine with someone like Stephen Amell. But if they do a Batman reboot afterwards, I'd like some top notch acting.

Ya, Exactly my point. I'm glad you get my point^^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.