Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23807 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

***SPOILERS*** Earth 2 Batman's Origin

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HushoftheWind

Just got finished reading the Earth 2 annual and i gotta say im shocked that Earth 2 Batman is essentially Hourman. Im also partial to the Earth 2 relationship origin of Martha and Thomas(Tommy) Wayne. You gotta feel for the old guy(Thomas Wayne), going under the radar to save his son and to have his son still dead in his eye's. Hopefully Helena Wayne comes back to Earth 2 and they'll have an interaction between granddaughter and grandpa. On a side note, i like the red herring they threw in there make us think that Alfred's ripped dad, Jarvis Pennyworth was actually Earth 2 Bats lol, i would have been up for it.

No Caption Provided

Anybody found this new take on Thomas Wayne interesting?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LordoftheNorth

lol refreshed the page to find i made the same post

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I guess it's ok...it would have been better if DC hadn't spoiled it months ago in the solicitations....still with Flashpoint still pretty fresh it seems like they could have gone with someone else

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By scouts1998

So if he is Hourman on the wiki do we list hourman or batman?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: yeah, i saw that great minds i guess lol

i saw your post though and I see we disagree, but i respect your perspective. I like the idea of Thomas Wayne not being the perfect role model before he and Martha birth Bruce, it adds another or different taste to the Batman mythos. Its almost like Flashpoint Batman but tone down some notches. As far as him taking and being addicted to the medical drug miraclo to become "HourBat" i can live with that seeing how his life was taken from him by his own sins I honestly hope Rex Mason shows up as Metamorpho since he was mentioned and im still hoping we do get an actual Hourman.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I was honestly hoping they would go with Thomas Wayne's butler and Alfred's father, Jarvis. That man was jacked, he looked like he could crush some skulls with his bare hands.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@hushofthewind: my problem was more that it didnt really add up when we have seen Thomas before like when he talking to Superman's father

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lamenoire

@lordofthenorth: I may be wrong, but we never saw Earth 2 Thomas Wayne before this annual...

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamenoire: ... you might be right i could be thinking of something else

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lamenoire

I totally tought Batman would end up being Jarvis.

Is Thomas actually a revamped Hourman ? After all, the use of Miraclo is probably the most important element in Hourman's mytholgy
    There was no mention about Rex TYLER creating Miraclo and we already know that Tylerchem bought Waynetech... so I wonder if Thomas isn't CEO of Tylerchem (It would make sense that Thomas bought the company)

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By the_tree

Weird but interesting.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do i get this feeling if it wasn't for his dad coming back Bruce would had nvr gotten married to Selena and had a family of his own

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The old man should have stayed dead, there are some people you should never bring back, Martha and Thomas Wayne are at the Top of that chart.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why not just give us Hourman?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping for something more interesting than Bruce's senoir citizen dad to be Batman. Hopefully his age will come into play when the miracullo wares off. Though I do like they broke the mould by portraying Thomas Wayne as a former drug peddler, usually the batparents are presented as flawless saints.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after reading this issue of the origin again i honestly think the writer goofed up the name of the person Thomas Wayne stole the Miraclo from. I think the writer mean to say Rex Taylor who is actually Hourman and not Rex Mason who's actually Metamorpho.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.