Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Selina Kyle OR Talia al Ghul Who Should Bruce Marry?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GWHH

Selina Kyle OR Talia al Ghul Who Should Bruce Marry?

Pro and cons of each women on who Bruce should marry and why!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is Bruce is only interested in sex and not marriage. Talia and Bruce are not compatible bec. both are fanatical in different ways like fundamentalists belonging to different religions.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Bruce should never marry, but if he had to for story's sake Selina has always been the obvious choice for me.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tupiaz

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Bruce should never marry, but if he had to for story's sake Selina has always been the obvious choice for me.

This.

@colonyofcells said:

My guess is Bruce is only interested in sex and not marriage. Talia and Bruce are not compatible bec. both are fanatical in different ways like fundamentalists belonging to different religions.

Bruce is a man of serious relationship this is clearly seen in for instance Hush. where he thinks about what Selina can do for him in a relationship matter and not only for his ego, being a playboy or getting sex. It is more than that,

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatihBATMAN

no marriage for bruce right now!

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gettogaara

I don't think Bruce will ever get married tbh. Whenever he starts to mature and build a relationship it's thrown by the wayside for some reason or another. I would think Talia would make sense due to Damian but then again they're on completely opposite sides. At least Catwoman's more like an antihero than a villain.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Restricting batman's manliness to a single woman would put the world in peril.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tupiaz

@gettogaara said:

I don't think Bruce will ever get married tbh. Whenever he starts to mature and build a relationship it's thrown by the wayside for some reason or another. I would think Talia would make sense due to Damian but then again they're on completely opposite sides. At least Catwoman's more like an antihero than a villain.

Talia hasn't exactly shown interest in raising Damian with Bruce.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@tupiaz said:

@gettogaara said:

I don't think Bruce will ever get married tbh. Whenever he starts to mature and build a relationship it's thrown by the wayside for some reason or another. I would think Talia would make sense due to Damian but then again they're on completely opposite sides.

Talia hasn't exactly shown interest in raising Damian with Bruce.

Is anyone reading Batman Incorporated? Talia is literally trying to kill Damian and has a hit out on his head. Of course Talia wouldn't be the wisest choice over Selina. She's a terrible mother...she hasn't shown an interest in raising Damian with Bruce since Grant Morrison first introduced the character in the Batman and Son story arc.

@gettogaara said:

At least Catwoman's more like an antihero than a villain.

I wouldn't even go that far...she really hasn't done anything in the least bit villainous in the New 52, and she's been an established part of the Bat-Family ever since Batman: Hush back in 2006. She has her own title, and Joker even came after her in the Death of the Family arc which consisted of two issues of her own tie-ins. Jason Todd/Red Hood is way more of an antihero than Catwoman is and he still abstains from killing when teaming up with other members of the Bat-Family.

Just look at how good they are together!
    Just look at how good they are together!
    And don't forget what they're marriage produces...
    And don't forget what they're marriage produces...
    BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#10  Edited By BatWatch

I don't really care for either in the romance department because they are both criminals. If we were talking about pre-Flashpoint Selinal, then I can see that one working. I would say Bats has more chemistry with Catwoman.

@JakeN7:

Regarding Talia putting a hit out on Damian, sure that might be a tad harsh, but it's Damian. How would you discipline him. (tongue in cheek)

Regarding Catwoman, what the heck are you talking about. Selina has been stealing things all throughout the DCNU. Theft it a criminal act!

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JakeN7

@BatWatch said:

I don't really care for either in the romance department because they are both criminals. If we were talking about pre-Flashpoint Selinal, then I can see that one working. I would say Bats has more chemistry with Catwoman.

@JakeN7:

Regarding Talia putting a hit out on Damian, sure that might be a tad harsh, but it's Damian. How would you discipline him. (tongue in cheek)

Regarding Catwoman, what the heck are you talking about. Selina has been stealing things all throughout the DCNU. Theft it a criminal act!

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

Yeah it's a street level, humanly possible, criminal act. But I wouldn't say it's villainous especially in Comic Book terms. She is definitely a hero and not an antihero. Has everyone forgot she's going to be a member of the Justice League!?

Yeah...just look at what an evil villain Catwoman is
    Yeah...just look at what an evil villain Catwoman is
    redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By redhoodnet

Selina....

Read Batman:Hush...

Drops mic and walks away

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RustyRoy

None of them....... He needs someone to make him sane not drive him mad. If he had to marry someone then it should be Zatanna or any normal girl with no criminal record.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mega_spidey01
    @RustyRoy said:

None of them....... He needs someone to make him sane not drive him mad. If he had to marry someone then it should be Zatanna or any normal girl with no criminal record.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darkman61288

Most likely Catwoman but I Zatanna or Black Canary or Wonder Woman would better for him. The New 52 Selina is unappealing to me so is Talia

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RustyRoy said:

As much as i like Zatanna, she loves Bruce Wayne not Batman.

Talia loves Batman not Bruce Wayne.

Selina is the only one that is in love of Bruce Wayne and Batman, that means is the only one that loves him as a complete person and not only parts of him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackWind

Bruce's true love is Gotham City. Not Selina. Not Talia. And for damn sure not Wonder Woman.

/thread.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@RustyRoy said:

Selina is the only one that is in love of Bruce Wayne and Batman, that means is the only one that loves him as a complete person and not only parts of him.

What are you saying? Zatanna's one few who knows who the actual Bruce is and she can actually make him come out of his shell not to mention they've known each other from the childhood. And Selina seems too much unstable. If not Zatanna then any superhero or normal girl who can make him a little bit sane and trusting,someone like Mary Jane(To bad she's in Marvel). In my opinion,if Clark was a girl then he'd be perfect for Bruce.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RustyRoy: They know each other from childhood, before he was Batman, their relationship start as Bruce Wayne, not as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

And Batman is sane, he as sane as a fireman or a cop, and less insane that other heroes that people belive are sane.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustyRoy

@DeathpooltheT1000: I know he's sane,don't know why I said that.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By wessaari

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@RustyRoy said:

this

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal19

Selina Kyle. Bruce said that he doesnt love Talia anymore

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#23  Edited By utkanflash

I dont like Thalia..Selina more matchfull for Bruce...They look good together but..Actually ı want Zatanna with Batsy

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CalebHara

Selina would be the better in my opinion. Batman and Catwoman have just always seemed like a great match.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gettogaara

@tupiaz: Well yeah, she's even got that hit out on him now lol. I was just saying that maybe he would be able to bring them together but now that I had some time to think about it, there's too much bad blood between the two at this point.

@JakeN7: I was mostly thinking of Catwoman from pre new 52 but it's true, other than stealing she hasn't really done anything wrong. I've got to be honest though that last issue made very little sense to me.

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mhanuroth

In Batman inc 6, batman says that he loved Talia but now she is a villian and he says that she is not been herself

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By TDK_1997

Bruce shouldn't get married but if he has to date someone the obvious choice is Selina.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sungod1988

I think Selina would be the most probable option because they seem to give eachother balance. I think wonder women, while not likely would be a good fit for him in both lives. I could see the 2 of them in love and being healthy together. Talia is just plan fucking crazy and to much like her father so no not at all. Zatanna I feel that relationship would fall with her not being able to handle both his lives especially with the obvious obsessions he shows. Black Cannary would be the same situation as WW except a little more normal, she would be like a inbetween of WW and Selina.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By wessaari

Selina: Pros- Fits and challenges Bruce's personality. Cares for Bruce, and Bruce has shown that he can reciprocate those feelings. Has a chance of redemption, which she has shown, which Bruce desires for her. She is the mother of his child, Helena, in Earth 2 and although it seems they are dysfunctional, they do care for each other.

Cons- She is very independent, which leads her back to her life of crime. Her cravings for acting out can drive Bruce away. She will not be a typical bride, and could leave Bruce if he isn't on the same emotional level as hers.

Talia: Pros - Mother of his child, Damian. Has shown deep affection for Bruce/Batman, arguably more so than Selina.

Cons - Has shown no attempts to leave her life of crime. Has put a hit on Damian, and is ready to kill either Bruce or Damian. Bruce has said she isnt herself, and that he once loved her but doesnt anymore.

Selina is the better of the two in my opinion.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By dernman

Neither. Batman ends up alone.

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By britsera

Never marry, not until he quits Batmanning. But Selina's always been his girl. BUT I would be quite content if he ended up with WW or Zatanna.

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nightwing737

If he did get married I think he should marry Selina Kyle.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Mercy_

Selina, no question.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Talia is crazy and Catwoman can be unpredictable. Out of that, I'd still say Catwoman

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Target_X

Catwoman is the better choice over Talia. Talia is a fanatic, etc. However, Selina would never really settle down I don't think. She's too much of a free spirit.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By consolemaster001

@FatihBATMAN said:

no marriage for bruce right now!

He's in his late 30s/early 40s. Also i think selina is a good choice

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talia put a hit on their child, from Damian's own words was a crap parent overall, is trying to destroy Bruce's city because she's mad Damian chose to live with him, possibly drugged Bruce, and is in essence throwing one long temper tantrum.

Selina, Batman Hush.

I think that's all that needs to be said.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By ImmortalOne

I'm going to be the guy who comes and says Wonder Woman.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Im behind you on this onw, he needs a strong woman :P

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mhanuroth

in batman hush there was some mind control thing

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JasonTodd13

Talia, no one else has been closer to winning bruces heart than her. Selina offends me, we already have Poison Ivy doing the seductive act, we dont need another seductress like selina, she offends me because she never acts serious, always is like a playful cat.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By darkman61288

I am getting kind of bored of both girls, which is weird because I still love the Superman/ Lois lane pairing.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:

I am getting kind of bored of both girls, which is weird because I still love the Superman/ Lois lane pairing.

Difference with that one is that it hasn't gone off the rails like the Bruce/Talia pairing has, and it always gets mad love unlike the Bruce/Selina pairing. No matter who they're ever with in the comics, in the main universe and most others, it's always agreed that Clark and Lois are meant to be together. One true love and all that. None of Batman's relationships have that, which is why there's so much debate about it.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm all for polygamy why not both but i really wanted him to be with wonder woman sigh oh well

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman should marry Talia since Talia seems to have more money.

DcMarvelUnity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I just looked on Wikipedia and Talia outright killed Damien!???

I hate it when they pull crap like that. But I guess our question has been answered. The rodent will be tamed by the feline.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Selina...unless the Joker continues with his Bat-fetish and ends up somehow marrying Batman :P

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He should marry Zatana. He has more history with her than the other 2.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.