Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23619 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

No more Robins!

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jasoninthewoods

Ok Dick Grayson is ok, but DC' s obsession with giving Batman kid sidekicks is really starting to get annoying.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok Dick Grayson is ok, but DC' s obsession with giving Batman kid sidekicks is really starting to get annoying.

Batman as almost always had a sidekick, forming the infamous "Dynamic Duo". It would be sad, in my opinion, to stop having "duo" stories. But it is true that the number of Robins and other sidekicks is getting a bit too much.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has spent years taking robins .. ¿Damian leave? another Robin.. Look Futures end.. Duke as Robin..

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jb681131 said:
    @jasoninthewoods said:

Batman as almost always had a sidekick, forming the infamous "Dynamic Duo". It would be sad, in my opinion, to stop having "duo" stories. But it is true that the number of Robins and other sidekicks is getting a bit too much.

I always felt Robin was dumb and not needed. I'd be happy if he ditched it. If they absolutely had to have a Robin they should be trainees and not active heroes. Regardless if you like them or not there are far too many. It should have ended after Jason Todd died. Don't get me wrong I like Tim and Damian but still.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, Batman should of gotten rid of all these teenagers in his cave after his own son died and be charged for child endangerment.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Agreed, Batman should of gotten rid of all these teenagers in his cave after his own son died and be charged for child endangerment.

I think DC should do what Marvel did with Bucky, make the Robins start at an older age, say 21-22, it will destroy many of the good aspects of the dynamic but at least no one will blame Batman.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damien should be the last robin

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well King just trolled you, since Duke isn't technically Robin.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JTMac005

What if dick was de-aged somehow and became Robin again

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GonnaGetThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should of retired the kid sidekicks long ago. At least let him be a older teenager.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rainshadow777

Snyder gave Robin a rest. I don't remember any Robin in the New 52 main Batman title for at least four of the five years of New 52 (I haven't read the last trade or two yet but I presume Robin doesn't turn up).

So you had Robin in Batman and Robin, who actually dies, and the main Batman title by Snyder with no sign of Robin at all. In many ways I feel like I wasn't reading the correct canonical book by reading Snyder.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder gave Robin a rest. I don't remember any Robin in the New 52 main Batman title for at least four of the five years of New 52 (I haven't read the last trade or two yet but I presume Robin doesn't turn up).

So you had Robin in Batman and Robin, who actually dies, and the main Batman title by Snyder with no sign of Robin at all. In many ways I feel like I wasn't reading the correct canonical book by reading Snyder.

Well he appeared briefly in Court of owls (issue 1 and 6), he appeared in Death of the family(in issue 15 and 17), in issue 18 was Batman was mad over Robin's death, in issue 19 Batman kept grieving over Robin. So yeah he is shown but briefly.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow:

@rainshadow777 said:

Well he appeared briefly in Court of owls (issue 1 and 6), he appeared in Death of the family(in issue 15 and 17), in issue 18 was Batman was mad over Robin's death, in issue 19 Batman kept grieving over Robin. So yeah he is shown but briefly.

I guess so. But come on, virtually none of these are Batman and Robin running around together solving crimes, are they? They're more like a couple of panels here and there. I could be wrong because it's been a long time since I read these stories, but one or two panels with Damian standing there (does he even wear the Robin suit?) and Batman getting 'mad over Robin's death' are definitely few enough mentions for a jolly-well astute chap like me to miss them. Shouldn't there have been a full funeral/death/mourning/talking about it issue? I don't know, maybe there was and I missed it.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow:

@black_arrow said:
    @rainshadow777 said:

I guess so. But come on, virtually none of these are Batman and Robin running around together solving crimes, are they? They're more like a couple of panels here and there. I could be wrong because it's been a long time since I read these stories, but one or two panels with Damian standing there (does he even wear the Robin suit?) and Batman getting 'mad over Robin's death' are definitely few enough mentions for a jolly-well astute chap like me to miss them. Shouldn't there have been a full funeral/death/mourning/talking about it issue? I don't know, maybe there was and I missed it.

No you're right for the most part. Robin, and the other members of the Bat Family, barely had a presence in Snyder's run. There are brief moments, like Death of the Family obviously, and Endgame where the entire group (Even Dick) shows up towards the end when the jokerized Gothamites are on a rampage, but Snyder mostly focused on his pets Harper Row and Duke Thomas.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By kcomicfan

I like the role of Robin, and I am glad that Batman has had multiple of them.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true,enough with these side kicks.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A rich, billionaire needs a young ward. It's like your heroic personal assistant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.